Any Place to download Digital pictures

bluedoggy

Mouseketeer
DH & I heading to WDW in a couple of weeks. We have a digital camera, but we know we will take way too many pictures that will fill our memory cards. Does anyone know if there is any way we can download the pictures and email them home? We are staying at OKW. Any help would be appreciated. :Pinkbounc

if you have a laptop bring it and download daliy to it, that is what we are going to do in dec.

I don't think so, bluedoggy. I had the same problem. If you don't have a laptop, you could try getting an Iomega Photoshow Zip Drive. It's about the size of a large book. You put in the card from your camera and it saves the pictures onto a zip disk. You can also plug it into a TV and look at the pictures on the screen. The drive also acts like a regular zip drive that you plug into your computer and can use for staorage.

I got one of these last year, planning to take it on our trip in February. But mine turned out to be defective. There wasn't time to get a new one before the trip, so I just bought more memory cards for the camera. Memory is pretty cheap now, you might want to look into just getting more memory cards.

Dw and I took 1 gig of pictures last week. Thank goodness for the laptop. 1 256 mb cards, 2 128 mb cards and 2 64 mb cards. And we were close to running out one day!

I just returned and had a similar problem. We stayed in the Wyndham on I drive. They have a business center and I burned my pictures to a blank cd in the hotel. The computers had all the software available. I even loaded my own software from my toshiba camera. Where are you staying, You could call the hotel and see if they have computers with burners.

dreamerAl, how much did they charge you for the CD?

Originally posted by bluedoggy
DH & I heading to WDW in a couple of weeks. We have a digital camera, but we know we will take way too many pictures that will fill our memory cards. Does anyone know if there is any way we can download the pictures and email them home? We are staying at OKW. Any help would be appreciated. :Pinkbounc

You didn't mention what kinda of camera/memory cards you have but there are several options.

Unless you have a high speed connection, uploading them is not one of them.

Memory cards are really cheap now (especially online). Look for the next size down from the largest as they're usually cheaper per megabyte.

Try www.newegg.com for good prices and service.

Try www.pricewatch.com for other sources.

On our last trip I took over 1000 pics that week. I'm forunate to have a laptop that I use for work. I take that with me.

There are several "image bank" type devices (about $300) that have a slot for the most popular memory cards and a large hard drive. You insert the memory card and it automatically downloads the images to the hard drive. You hook the "image bank" to your home computer and upload them.

Other things to consider are extra batteries. Hopefully you have a camera the can use a rechargable one and they're not an expensive proprietary type. A stand alone charger (or two) is a great idea too as some cameras don't come with one and require you to charge the batteries in the camera.

I have (5) 64 meg cards , 5 sets of batteries and 2 chargers.
That's more than plenty for a full day at WDW without running out. But I do download and recharge each night.

Good luck!

Thank-you to all of you for the replies. We have an Olympus camera, and yes we have a recharger. We have just 1 8 mg card and a 32 mg card, but were under the impression the prices on cards were much higher. I have looked at the links for the cards and am amazed at the lower prices :D We probably will be ok if we get a 128 mg card and bring the video camera along. This is trip 15, and we already have tons of pictures, but you know how it is.... whenever you don't have the camera is when you want it. Again - you guys are GREAT! I love the dis :p

The Camera Center in The Disney-MGM Studios will transfer the pictures from your memory card to a CD for you. You do have to leave the memory card with them for a few hours. The charge is based on the number of pictures.

The Camera Centers in the other parks probably have the same service.

jk1- Do you know what they charge for that? If it's a reasonable price, it would be the perfect solution.

Therewas a fee of 5.00 per half hour to use the computer but I brought my own blank cd. I came from Canada and flew from Rochester to Chicago to Orlando. I never had a problem with the CD breaking or airport security. I was worried about my camera going through the X-ray machine but I found out since there is no effect anyway.

i'm not really sure about this, but somebody told me that he got his emailed back home at one of those "kodak picture maker" kiosks in a walgreens. they might even have one at the camera center right inside epcot??? again, i'm not sure if these machines will send them back home, but i do know they print them out. also might be able to make a cd????? somebody know for sure please say so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter