Any reason to carry cash in the parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's right after the clause where the constitution discusses acceptance of VISA and Discover cards. :)
But you could use a credit card or other form of payment.
Yeah, or a gift card - that's my plan. Point is, you REALLY don't want to charge a bottle of water on your MB if you are on DDP or you will get charged a "snack", and that's about the worst value for snacks. You are much better off paying cash if that's your option.

I am 98% cashless everyday since we pay everything on credit cards and pay them off every month. In WDW I use my Magic Band when staying onsite and Disney Giftcards when offsite. I still bring a bunch of singles for valet/bell service tips and a few quarters for unexpected tolls and have at least one $20 in my wallet at all times.

I'm wondering whether we need to carry any cash money in the parks these days? My thoughts:

- We can use a credit card to pay for parking.
- Our tickets are already purchased.
- We can use a credit card to pay for meals (even snacks).
- We wouldn't go "off site" for meals.

Am I missing anything?
I keep about $30 folded up behind my health insurance card in my wallet, and never use it. Nearly every dollar I spend is cashless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter