Any USA entry updates?

Its a good sign, but with the UK Gov putting arrival restrictions on modest case increases (in comparison with the US!) in EU Countries, I can't see the FCO allowing non essential travel to and from the US this year.

Ron De Santis now allowing NY Tri-State area residents to travel to FL without quarantining on arrival is a joke. You'd be mad to FL right now!

We were meant to be going this Easter. We have re-scheduled flights, sorted our DVC accomodation out for effectively same dates in Apr 2021. Just waiting game now for ESTA and lifting of restrictions etc

well, it's hardly a sign at all.
This just means the US are slightly relaxing things for american citizens. That doesn't say anything about entering the US as far as we are concerned.

I guess you could say as long as things move, it's a good sign

I'd liken the information you quoted to being stuck in a traffic jam in London, wondering when it's going to move again, while being on the phone with a relative in New York who tells you that the traffic on Broadway is fluid... Making any deduction from that call, that traffic is about to resume on the M25 is quite a longshot. If you see what I mean

well, it's hardly a sign at all.
This just means the US are slightly relaxing things for american citizens. That doesn't say anything about entering the US as far as we are concerned.

I guess you could say as long as things move, it's a good sign

I'd liken the information you quoted to being stuck in a traffic jam in London, wondering when it's going to move again, while being on the phone with a relative in New York who tells you that the traffic on Broadway is fluid... Making any deduction from that call, that traffic is about to resume on the M25 is quite a longshot. If you see what I mean
Isn’t it more like a cousin in Orlando flying from MCO to CWL return, but you not being allowed to fly from CWL to MCO? 😉

sounds like this might be a step in the right direction for me. In order to open up to International visitors they need to be open to US travel first so I do think this is a positive.

It's very difficult at the moment, even if the U.S opens up you cannot park hop at Disney, so the tickets will probably cost the same but have far less benefits - and there's no guarantee that a ticket = park entry.

Be careful everyone, make sure you know what you're getting if you travel there.

It's very difficult at the moment, even if the U.S opens up you cannot park hop at Disney, so the tickets will probably cost the same but have far less benefits - and there's no guarantee that a ticket = park entry.

Be careful everyone, make sure you know what you're getting if you travel there.
We are lucky because we have visited numerous times as AP holders but I agree with what you are saying. We have APRs and ADRs and I am quite looking forward to lower crowds, no FPs or rope drop early mornings... if we are allowed in to the US during October. I would feel differently if this was a once in a lifetime trip.

i just booked our DVC reservation for next july....
but we'll need a 21 day ticket which isn't available right now..
and if they don't bring back the 21 day, we'll have to buy annual passes, which also aren't being sold right now..
if they don't bring them back (either one), we'll have to cancel as there's no way we can go for that much time without the 21 day ticket or an AP...

So you have been many times over the years . This time Explore the other parts of Florida

Buy say a 7 day ticket . Then a 7 day ticket for Other theme parks

Take time for Kennedy Space Center ... & Hire a car See the Real Florida .

So you have been many times over the years . This time Explore the other parts of Florida

Buy say a 7 day ticket . Then a 7 day ticket for Other theme parks

Take time for Kennedy Space Center ... & Hire a car See the Real Florida .

the only reason we go to the US is to visit WDW.
While we have made day trips to kennedy space center, and we've done a day here and there at universal, neither are of sufficient interest to make us get on a plane.
last summer (2019), we got our disney fix by doing a 7 night european cruise on the Disney Magic - which is highly recommended by the way. Super fantastic time and absolutely worth the money.

anyway, in the absence of WDW, we have no reason to visit the US.
Maybe Disneyland in California? No, not even that.
Oh, there is one place other than WDW that would definitely get us onto a plane (or several of them to reach there).
Alaska! That's actually my dream. To take the entire family for 2 weeks on a land tour of Alaska mainland and then a 7 night Alaska cruise.
My idea of heaven!!! When the grandkids are a bit older, hopefully it will come to pass.

While we have made day trips to kennedy space center, and we've done a day here and there at universal, neither are of sufficient interest to make us get on a plane.
last summer (2019), we got our disney fix by doing a 7 night european cruise on the Disney Magic - which is highly recommended by the way. Super fantastic time and absolutely worth the money.

Oh, there is one place other than WDW that would definitely get us onto a plane (or several of them to reach there).
Alaska! That's actually my dream. To take the entire family for 2 weeks on a land tour of Alaska mainland and then a 7 night Alaska cruise.
My idea of heaven!!! When the grandkids are a bit older, hopefully it will come to pass.
I have fallen in love with Cape Cod. It really is one of the most beautiful places on earth and you can walk for miles and miles along the beaches. Lovely seafood shacks, gorgeous beach houses, amazing sunsets.

I have fallen in love with Cape Cod. It really is one of the most beautiful places on earth and you can walk for miles and miles along the beaches. Lovely seafood shacks, gorgeous beach houses, amazing sunsets.
i bet it is. I've never been there, but from the videos i've seen, it looks idyllic!!

Well 1 September has come and gone and my British Airways flights in October, Gatwick to MCO, are still scheduled and still being sold by BA. Just need the travel bans to be lifted now.
Meanwhile, my plan B trip to Athens looks under threat as Wales is hit with Covid clusters from the Greek island.

Well 1 September has come and gone and my British Airways flights in October, Gatwick to MCO, are still scheduled and still being sold by BA. Just need the travel bans to be lifted now.
If the airline operates the flights but the FO/US is still saying essential travel only, then will the airline give a refund if you (we) cancel? (They could still fly to serve essential travellers.)

Meanwhile, my plan B trip to Athens looks under threat as Wales is hit with Covid clusters from the Greek island.

First look up your Flight times to see if there are any changes made

If Yes .... then phone up B.A. and ask about your Flight ( DO NOT MENTION that You have seen Changes

Play Dumb .... say nothing ) and see what they say ..

Take FULL Refund if offered

If Yes .... then phone up B.A. and ask about your Flight ( DO NOT MENTION that You have seen Changes

Thanks for the advice. Flight still scheduled as it was when booked, so I am just going to sit tight and wait. MCO official site states Gatwick to MCO service will resume on 12 October, (subject to lifting of travel restrictions). We will see.

You really need to visit Disneyland, it's rides are nearly all superior to WDW. I like to go in September, great weather, Halloween is fab and the Haunted Mansion is transformed into a Nightmare Before Christmas theme.
I love my Disney double headers, 4/5 days at DL, internal flight over to WDW and no immigration at OIA, just get off, get your baggage onto the DME. Best trip ever. Done it three times now and planning a fourth one.

You really need to visit Disneyland, it's rides are nearly all superior to WDW. I like to go in September, great weather, Halloween is fab and the Haunted Mansion is transformed into a Nightmare Before Christmas theme.
I love my Disney double headers, 4/5 days at DL, internal flight over to WDW and no immigration at OIA, just get off, get your baggage onto the DME. Best trip ever. Done it three times now and planning a fourth one.
Now there is an idea!

Why play dumb?

If you want to cancel and the flight has been changed, call and say that the flight has been changed and it no longer works for you. What is the benefit is playing dumb?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter