Any word or any prep work being done for new DVC cabins?

So, looking at Google Earth and the 'annotated' view upthread, seems to me they're going to have to rename that area. Because there isn't really going to be a meadow there anymore, is there?

Little Grass Patch Trading Post? The pool formerly known as Meadows? Sit Down Restaurant Premium Campsites?

I agree with all of this except that this is a good spot for a restaurant. This area is the heart of what camping is, where kids from all over the US play pickup games of football, throw a frisbee, and experience sand volleyball. That Disney lends you sporting equipment for FREE is one of those special unbelievable perks of Fort Wilderness. Now, they will put a restaurant surrounded by hardscape and eliminating most of the open space and further deteriorate the open, natural feeling of the Fort.

I do land planning for a living and I can't imagine that the folks doing site design for the Fort have ever stepped foot on the property nor do they understand context.
You are right. I meant the meadow area in general would be good.

I don't think anyone who designs for Disney has ever been to Disney honestly.

Didn't think of this until you commented, but luggage isn't allowed on Disney transportation (busses). You'd need your own car or transportation to the cabins. Maybe. I'm going back years now, but I remember bell services taking you and your luggage directly to your building in a big golf cart. In our case it was Port Orleans. After you're unloaded you could probably use the bus to pick up your golf cart-if you rented one. DVC or no, I don't see Disney giving up their $67 a day golf cart rental. Too much of a cash cow to give it away for free.
Last time we stayed in the Cabins was 3 years ago, the DME was still running but they had stopped the luggage service. They used a van to bring us along with our luggage to our cabins. Same thing on the way back. Maybe they have switched to vans at The Fort as I know other resorts use the long golf carts with the flat backs for luggage.

We have been here since Saturday and are leaving tomorrow... They are kicking "booty" on these cabins. The 2300 loop is completely cleared of cabins with a lot of site work going on...IMG_8865.jpg

Progress in the 2500 loop construction is moving along very well... From what I could tell from the road, there is a cabin in some sort of the assembly process in all the sites...

IMG_8881.jpg

IMG_8878.jpg

IMG_8880.jpg

IMG_8881.jpg

Even though these pics don't show it, they have installed the windows in the cabins in the 100 loop.

IMG_8898.jpg

IMG_8899.jpg

All these pics were taken from either the roadway or the cart path... I jumped no fences in the gathering of these photos...

Stole these from a Fb group I'm in. Looks like they are moving them out quick. Apparently today was the first day DVC could use points to rent the cabins for nights starting in July.

437931239_7499757866779228_1767073461922811768_n.jpg

439408023_7802304993115876_7521832093222432078_n.jpg

439312985_7802304849782557_4987533040692298636_n.jpg

j

The pics of the cabins on that lot make me feel kinda sad, I don't know why. They just look so, IDK, lonely sitting there waiting (hopefully) for new homes. Just think of all the lovely family memories those cabins contain.

They do look a bit raggedy around the edges, don't they? I don't know if they looked like that 'in situ' or if that's the wear and tear of removal and moving.

Those were a pretty good investment for the Mouse. Sold for 50K after being used for quite a few years. I doubt they paid more than that for them when they initially bought them.
Too bad they cant work that kind of magic with their stock price :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter