Anyone been to Big River Grille recently?

LizL

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to decide if we should have dinner here on the night my parents arrive. They will likely be tired and will not want to pile in the car to drive anywhere. We will be staying at BCV and can walk over to the Boardwalk. No one has mentioned it lately. Is it still open?

When I was there last October, the whole place was being renovated... They were doing half the restaurant at a time so the place was still open. Couldn't sit outside though because of the dust proofing screens.

Not exactly recent I know, but I'd presume if they were polishing up the place then they weren't going to shut it down less than a year after.

I hope it's there... Some of the best light meals in Disney to be had at the Big River!

Haven't been there recently either--but if it is being renovated, so much the better. It was always quite dingy inside, so a face-lift would really help.

My wife and I went to the Big River Grill on 6-23-06. We had just come from Epcot on our adult only/ anniversary/ do what we could not do when we had the kids with us trip. We stopped to check out everything we could in all the resorts and areas to include Boardwalk. The Big River Grill was the only thing that seemed to catch our attention on Boardwalk. It was lunch time. We had just eaten and did not order any food, but had a beer. The beer was okay. The atmosphere was great and we really enjoyed being there. Some folks next to us ate lunch and I looked at the menu. I can tell you once I saw the menu and what the people next to us ordered, I was sad that I had eaten in Epcot. I also remember the prices being good for "inside Disney". Remember this is lunch though. This may be the perfect place for your plan. I am faced with the same situation next August when my father in law will be along with us. He is a beer afficionado and will probably love this place. He may want a place to quickly be served and unwind after the trip down.

Uncleromulus-I do not recall it being dingy but I do not know what it may have looked like prior to any refurb. There was lots of stainless steel and an industrial deco to the place. Is that what you remember or is this a change?

Dawgfan:
It was just sort of closed in--felt damp. Metal tables, virtually no windows, cement floor. Dingy was the only description that seemd to fit.
Next visit, we'll probably sit outside..
But I do like the place--a Wowzer's Wheat beer and some of their fine meatloaf is an excellent way to start a trip!! Burgers are quite good also.

We sat outside at the BRG in May for a late lunch, mid-week. The Boardwalk was almost deserted. It was very pleasant to sit outside and enjoy the scenery - the only problem with outside is that there are VERY agressive birds on the Boardwalk (there are signs warning about them!). The food and service are good at this place and prices are moderate. I think it is a good choice for meals in that area. Cheaper than most dinner options and it is open later for dinner than many of the other places.

I ate at Big River in late May. I am a DVC member with my home resort at BWV, so we eat at Big River a lot and we have always enjoyed it. We usually sit outside because I like the atmosphere so much better but in May we sat inside. They have not remodeled Big River, the renovations were being done to the outside of the BWV not to Big River, it still looks the same as ever. I would not call it dingy but sparse, electic, ultra modern etc, not my cup of tea in decor either, but we really enjoy the food. The meatloaf is wonderful and so are the salads and the prices are very reasonable for WDW. We enjoy Big River's food much better than ESPN, with the exception of ESPN's wings--we love them!

The beer is very good. Sit outside if you like to people watch. The food is ok, but they don't have a deep fryer so they don't serve french fries (and what else goes better with a good beer and a burger? certainly not potato chips!) ;) There is a cheese dip they serve with tortilla chips that is a nice appetizer to have with the beer. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter