Anyone been turned down for PH upgrade?

MickeyRules

Earning My Ears
My daughter’s dance team is headed to DL for the day on Saturday (3/5/22). They purchased 1 park tickets, but some would like to upgrade to PH. I went online to do a mock order of 14 park hoppers and there weren’t any available. What are the chances they’ll be turned down for the upgrade when they get to the park on Saturday?

Check at ticket booth early. Based on capacity. Even though all the reservation are gone, they may still have capacity to sell more entries and can upgrade the ticket.

No they can't. If the website shows no more park hopping availability, there is nothing the ticket booth CMs can do. People seem to have this idea that the ticket CMs can create availability out of thin air. They literally cannot. They use the same system everyone else does to access ticket availability. I've overheard so many people walking away disappointed from the booths when they couldn't get what they wanted.

That said, it's supposed to be awful weather today and tomorrow, so there may be some last minute slots opened up. I, for one, am about to cancel 3 park hopper Magic Key reservations for tomorrow. We don't do Disneyland in this kind of weather.

With cancellations and no way park is at a full 100% until all reservations are out there released. There are cancellations even day of. Website has to check at ticket booth. These crowds are not at 100% yet by fire code. It’s by their choice with staffing. They have a ticket and reservation already. Good to check.

With cancellations and no way park is at a full 100% until all reservations are out there released. There are cancellations even day of. Website has to check at ticket booth. These crowds are not at 100% yet by fire code. It’s by their choice with staffing. They have a ticket and reservation already. Good to check.
Can regular ticket holders cancel the day of? Magic Key holders cannot. You have to cancel the night before (before midnight).
There may be reservations, but there may not be *park hopper* reservations. They are all different. Also the OP needs 14 park hopper upgrades. I would not count on it but I would try and hope for the best! Bummer though will be waiting in line at the ticket booth to start your day.

You misunderstand how the whole system works. The website doesn't "check with the ticket booth." The website calls into the SAME pool of availability as the computer at the ticket booth does. They point to the same place. The availability on the app is the SAME as what the ticket CMs see. They cannot override that system and make something happen outside of it except with several levels of override from management, and they will only do that in extenuating circumstances. "We decided last minute that we want park hopping for 14 people" is not one of those circumstances.

OP, you can try, but personally I would not waste time doing this unless the app shows park hopping availability for 14 tomorrow morning. It's likely to be a futile endeavor and on a Saturday, you need every hour of time on the park that you have available.

Last edited:
I don’t have misunderstanding how the system operates but I see how my “website has to check at ticket booth” came across. The Disneyland website advises to check at the ticket booth for capacity availability to upgrade. Therefore “website has to check at ticket booth”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter