Anyone bring a portable safe for the pool or beach?

WaDiWo

WDWFan!
I guess this is an issue at every resort, but what is the safest way to keep your phone and wallet secure while at the pool or beach? I’ve seen portable safes you can lock to the chair, but another option is to just carry them with you in a waterproof pouch. Everyone knows you otherwise “hide” them in your shoe or under a shirt or towel. Just looking for options. Thanks!

We use a lockable bag. Google Kyss bags and you should find them. We use it at the beach, airport, etc.
I use these too and plan to bring them to HI in July. Peace of mind for sure in past trips to Mexico, CA, FL etc… Hopefully they’re not an issue if we are away from our chairs and playing in the water for more than an hour without checking back accidentally!

Are the Kyss brand better than other comparable brands? What’s the difference?

Around Aulani all you need is your room key. I never take my wallet out of the in-room safe except when we're heading off-property. As for the phone, I'm glad to leave it behind, too!
Do you go back to your room every time you need to reapply sunscreen? Do you not wear glasses or sunglasses that you don't want to swim with? Do you not need a watch or some other kind of clock? And anyway, where do you put your room keys?

Leaving my stuff on the chair where I can't see it is by far the most stressful thing about my upcoming trip to Aulani. It's hard to believe that they don't provide lockers or something.

Are the Kyss brand better than other comparable brands? What’s the difference?
I'm sorry I have no idea, I've never tried or research any other brand. Once I found these I knew it would do what I wanted.

We have the medium tote bag which I use as my carry on when flying. The chain that is used to lock the bag is fairly long so we can easily attach it to one or even 2 beach chair, or railing if at a pool, etc.

I'm sorry I have no idea, I've never tried or research any other brand. Once I found these I knew it would do what I wanted.

We have the medium tote bag which I use as my carry on when flying. The chain that is used to lock the bag is fairly long so we can easily attach it to one or even 2 beach chair, or railing if at a pool, etc.
Thank you! I have one in my Amazon cart now.

I imagine I was lucky, but I took a beach bag with my glasses, suntan lotion and magazines. My room key was hidden in a small bag with my lip gloss. I put my phone in a waterproof case, but got nervous about taking it in the water and left it in the bag too. Nothing disappeared.

I always travel with a small retractable cable lock, I loop the cable through the bag zipper and around a stationary item.

Do you go back to your room every time you need to reapply sunscreen? Do you not wear glasses or sunglasses that you don't want to swim with? Do you not need a watch or some other kind of clock? And anyway, where do you put your room keys?

Leaving my stuff on the chair where I can't see it is by far the most stressful thing about my upcoming trip to Aulani. It's hard to believe that they don't provide lockers or something.

Yes, no, no, and in my pocket.

Have you ever been to any hotel or resort that had lockers at their pool area? I've never seen such a thing, but then I guess I also haven't been looking.

Yes, no, no, and in my pocket.

Have you ever been to any hotel or resort that had lockers at their pool area? I've never seen such a thing, but then I guess I also haven't been looking.
Well, most hotels only have one pool and the chairs are around that pool. Aulani has multiple pools and a lazy river, so your stuff will often be out of sight unless you keep getting new chairs. That's not so easy during busier seasons.

Nobody is going to steal your sunscreen.

Leaving my stuff on the chair where I can't see it is by far the most stressful thing about my upcoming trip to Aulani.
Relax. Live Aloha. There are three groups of people at Aulani. Rich mainlanders, rich Japanese people, and rich locals. It's not a hotbed of petty crime.

sad-smiling.gif

It's hard to believe that they don't provide lockers or something.
Lockers would make the entire atmosphere just a bit more low-rent. Hard pass.

Nobody is going to steal your sunscreen.

Relax. Live Aloha. There are three groups of people at Aulani. Rich mainlanders, rich Japanese people, and rich locals. It's not a hotbed of petty crime.

sad-smiling.gif

Lockers would make the entire atmosphere just a bit more low-rent. Hard pass.
I'm much more worried about my prescription sunglasses than my sunscreen.

But also, I'd hate to be taking up a chair for hours just because I needed a place to put my stuff. Chairs are already in high demand. Having lockers off to the side somewhere (which they do have, but only for guests checking in or checking out that want to use the pool while they wait for their room or flight) wouldn't cheapen anything at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter