Anyone cruising on the Feb. 6-10, 2005 Wonder??

cypress_star

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

We (husband, 3 15 yrd (triplets), 10 yr old (girl)) are cruising on the Wonder in Feb.

Was wondering if anyone is???

Yea - we found someone!!!!!! We're cruising too - me & DH, DS-12 & DD-9 (turning 9 on 2/6) Celebrating!!!!!

Do you know that's Superbowl Sunday - we hoping the Steelers are in it - we're from Pgh.!

Oh cool, glad to find someone else cruising too. I didn't know it was Superbowl Sunday, well I'm from Texas so Cowboys or Texans would be great, we live in Louisiana now so I'd even root for the Saints if I had too :cool1: .

This is great, is this your first cruise?

This is our 2nd, hopefully not our last!

Well I hope to get to know you better.

Email if you would like cypress_star@yahoo.com
Paula

cypress_star said:
Oh cool, glad to find someone else cruising too. I didn't know it was Superbowl Sunday, well I'm from Texas so Cowboys or Texans would be great, we live in Louisiana now so I'd even root for the Saints if I had too :cool1: .

You must be escaping Mardi Gras madness also! We're from the Mobile area and will also be on this cruise. It will be me and my 14 year old son, my sister and her two girls (9 & 7). We are not new to cruising or to Disney, but are new to Disney Cruising!

My husband and I will also be sailing. We're from Metro Detroit, so we needn't worry about our team in the game...

No excursions booked here - we will try & get a day room at the Atlantis maybe. I want to see the Atlantis so bad & I'm sure my kids would love the slides!

Looks like the Steelers are getting closer!!!

If they are in the SuperBowl, my DH will have a fit having to be on a Disney cruise & not partying up a storm in Pgh.

We've not booked any excursions either. I'm not sure if we're even going to. We were not impressed by Nassau last September, so we don't even plan on getting off of the ship that day. Normally, we would get snorkel gear for CC, but I'm a bit worried about water temperature. We both prefer "warm" water swimming...

I'd love to see the Steelers win it all! I happen to be a big fan of Jerome Bettis - gotta love a guy from Detroit! :cheer2:

We'll be on this cruise too - Our first ever ( in prep. for the 14 day Panama Canal cruise in May)...Not new to Disney, however ( 30+ trips)...Myself, DH and almost 5 yo Son. We just moved to Ocean Springs, MS (on the Gulf Coast) and aren't really escaping "Mardi Gras madness" - it's just that they close the schools and half the businesses down here for Mardi Gras, so we had the opportunity to go! Does anyone know if they celebrate Mardi Gras on the Wonder....ie...should I bring beads???

ALso - what is a day room at Atlantis - and how much does it cost??? We've rented a room at the Comfort Suites across the street (with full atlantis access) so we can check out the resort and it's pools, but I was wondering if a day room would be a better deal??

Jill

:wave: Hi! I found another thread w/ ppl going on the Feb. cruise! :cool1: Seemed like no one was going there for a while.
This is our very FIRST cruise!!! We are esctatic! WE too are exscaping from Mardi Gras kaos. We do bring beads...seems everyone but us, get a kick out of getting them on Fat Tuesday (and my daughter loves to pass them out).
We did not make any ressie for our excursions yet. My husband isn't too thrilled with Nassau, so I don't know that we'll even do any yet. Plus like some of the others, I am concerned that the water temp. will be a bit on the chilly side to snorkel or dive. But we'll see.
Still....we are counting the days!!

found the other thread too, we'll be there, me, dh, and boys (almost 4 and just over 5). New to disney, not to cruising. We probably won't do any excursions, we're looking forward to some fun family time.

I thought I would give this thread a bump :wave:

Well it looks like we'll have a busy cruise first of all it'll be Superbowl Sunday as we board, I'm sure Disney will have something for that. Then on Tuesday our day at Castaway Cay is Mardi Gras!!!!

We are from Louisiana and plan on having some Mardi Gras fun, we'll definatley be bringing lots of beads!

Wow 28 more days til we get to cruise!!!! We've already started filling our suitcases, we've booked quite a few excursions for Castaway Cay, bought swimsuits and now just counting the days :cheer2:

Would anyone be interested in doing a DIS meet? I don't know who coordinates it or how it is done, but I think it would be interesting to meet everyone.

We'll be the ones in Steeler attire!

LET'S GO STEELERS!!!

I'm in for the DIS meet - Are there any "experienced" Disney cruisers with us who might have an idea of a good time / place to do it?

I'm bringing beads too!! Went to Bead World yesterday and stocked up - hats too! Yes - there really is such a place, and it's about the same size as a Walmart amazingly. Our first parade starts a week from today (Jan. 15).....Should be fun......

Jeannie - I'm sure our boys will meet in the oceaneer's club! I'm going to ask if Jody (My son) can be in the 5-7 yo group, because he is just shy of 5 yo (His Bday is in March), and he will be 5 when we do the panama canal cruise in 3 months......My Son is a little socialite and will probably have fit when we pick him up for family time......
Jill

We're in for the DIS meet also! We're heading to Mardi Gras Annex to get beads next weekend. Our first krewe paraded today. The kids got quite a few bags of beads, some cups, and lots of candy! I'm tempted to swipe their stash of beads, but they'd notice! lol!

Ok gang, this will be our 2nd cruise so I'm a little familiar with the ship, etc. If it is ok with everyone I'll be thinking of a good place and time to meet.

We just got home from my girlfriend's house who loaded me up with a trash bag full of beads from parades of previous years. I told my girls that I wish I knew what Disney would be doing (if anything) for Mardi Gras.

We are so looking forward to our cruise!!!!!!

Hey!! Count us in for the DIS meet too. Stackin' up on beads as we speak. Forget buyin' ...we catch enough at the parades (RECYCLE)!! :rolleyes:

Countin' down da days!! :cool1:

Jill, I'm going to try and keep my guys together (more for me than for them), so I may have to keep the older one in the younger group as they probably won't let the younger one move up.

I'm up for a meet!!!! Let me know the where/when....

Does anyone know if they do character breakfasts on this cruise?

thanks

As far as I know, there are no "character breakfasts", but characters do make very brief appearances at breakfast. Not like at the parks and resorts where they interact for a while before moving on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter