Anyone disallowed combined discounts at National

Rpsemont

DIS Veteran
Here's the scoop - Made a reservation at National through EA for mid size, with NHOL - DC ID and Entertainment coupon.($194 incl) . Later modified it to full size (which bumped me to counter service $206)) Called today to verify free spouse driver and reservationist said, wait, you can't use this coupon with NHOL. Explained that if I show up with reservation as it is, they will disallow the coupon or the NHOL and I'm likely to end up with a MUCH higher rate - will have to argue with counter and what a hassle at the beginning of vacation. SHe repriced without coupon and cost was about $227. I hemmed and hawed and said I had another car booked for $196 but for $10 more would take National but didn't know about $30 more. SHe put me on hold and came back and said supervisor did override and that I would have the full size for the $206, but would have to check in at counter (no big deal to me) MY questions is, of those who have combined these codes before, have you ever had the combination not honored when you ogt there? The coupons and rules for all these discounts clearly state that they are not combinable. I asked reservationist why they didnt' fix the website to disallow it? Also, if you reservation is counter service can you check in and then still go out an pick out your car?

National's system gave me the same price when I booked with or without the NHOL code although I was using a BJ's discount code. Try checking what your rate would be without the NHOL code.

I can only tell you that I have combined all three (NHOL, Disney Club Contract # and a coupon code) on two occasions and I had no problems.

I used this combination in October in Orlando and in December in New Orleans. Both were Emerald Aisle reservations, but in New Orleans the Emerald Aisle check-out was closed, so I had to wait in line and check out at the counter there. I was slightly concerned that the counter rep would scrutinize everything more closely (as opposed to the rep working the Emerald Aisle booth, who is going to want to get you moving, in order to avoid cars backing up). However, nothing was said about the combination of codes and coupons on either occasion and I paid the rate on my confirmation. In fact, as I recall, I paid slightly LESS than the confirmed amount on the Orlando rental!

If I were you, I would go back to the National web site and make a brand new reservation with all three codes/coupons. You qualify for Emerald Aisle service with a full-size car and I think the reason you were bumped to counter service is that you changed your reservation. National's system doesn't handle changes well.

There are never any guarantees in life, but I can tell you that it has definitely worked fine for me.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Just about 5 mins. ago I was on the National site (always trying to get a lower rate :) ). Well, just for fun, I used the Vacation outlet code and the coupon code that anyone can use and used the rate code NHOL and the price for my dates (early FEB for 7 days) came up to 200.56 for the week. I then used the same coupon, same code without the rate code and it came to 168.50 for the week. Which just goes to show you that sometimes combining is not all that great, it can actually cost you money.
Try it and see if it works for you. coupon code: 10008198, contract id: 5042947. Try it with and without the NHOL code. You can also try the NCRWEB code and see if it improves your rate.

Now, to answer the OP's question. I have combined rates and coupons forever and have never ever had a problem using them.
They honor what you print off the net.

In the future, if you want to modify a ressie, check the site and see if a better rate is available and book it, and then cancel your first reservation. It always bumps you to counter when you try to modify. And.....if there is a better rate at the time, modifiying your ressie will not get you that better rate.

And.....this proves I have WAY too much time on my hands and I spend MUCH to MUCH time on the net. LOL (But, I did get my rate down 46.00 for the week).

the link:
http://www.vacationoutlet.com/car/
click on the coupon on the lower right, then on national.

Thanks Gail, By taking out NHOL my price dropped 20 bucks!

Wonderful!!!! Glad I could help. I sure makes all that time I spend "playing" worth it when it saves someone money. :)

Gail, thanks for the info. I tried it but when I take out NHOL the rate jums to $277 before taxes and coupons. I did however rebook through EA for a full size with the ENT coupon and got a rate of $194 - the same price I had for the midsize. So now I have an EA reservation for full size for $194 NHOL and coupon and a counter reservation for full size for $206 with supervisor notes to honor the special rate and the coupon. Now I just have to decide which to keep. Any idea how long they will hold two reservation under the same name for the same dates in their system? Is EA really beneficial over counter? My DH hates hassles, and never having used it, I'm worried I'll get out there and then they'll send me inside. Also, I will have a new license because my current one expires in a couple weeks. Does that Cause delays?

When and how long are you renting for? I used the vacationoutlet contract # and coupon, which is available to everyone, and have a rate of $198 and change for a full size for 8 days, including all taxes. So, you may be able to get pretty close to the $194 price that you have, without having to worry about whether combining codes will work.

I would definitely try to avoid the counter - to me that defeats one of the major benefits of using EA - just taking a car and driving to the gate is so convenient.

Rpsemont
I would go with the EA reservation. It is quick and easy. Just go to the garage and to the Emerald Aisle, pick your car, hop in, go to the exit, get checked out and you are on your way. Very easy!!! The counter, on the other hand, will allow you to wait in line and check in . :) I always go with EA when I rent with National, I like the no hassle.
They will allow you to hold the reservation for as long as you want, and they will also charge you if you don't cancel 24 hours in advance. I think you have plenty of time to decide.
I would take the EA reservation and keep on checking, mine dropped dramatically over the weeks.

Thanks everyone.
Shannon - renting 2/18-2/25. I think President's causes a higher rate, but I'll keep checking.

Gail, thanks for all your input. I probably will keep the EA just because I'm dying to try it. It sounds so easy. Plus if they disallow the coupon it will only be $20 more and only $10 more than the other reservation.

I'll keep checking - you never know. Actually rates have come down substantially since I began loooking 2 months ago.

Rpsemont,
Trust me on this one, if you have it in writing (ie: the reservation printed from the net with the coupon listed and the rate listed) they will honor it.
it is funny what the internet reservations will take and what the human reservationists will not takes. I find it fun to see what will "fly".

OK Gail, cancelled all ressies today except the cheapest. We'll see what happens. So from SWA baggage exactly how do you get to EA? ( I hear one of the tunnels might be closed? Not that I know what they're talking about when they say tunnel! LOL!)

Hi,
Ok, this is what I do. I get my bags and go down one floor, always taking the elevator furthest from the loaded baggage carosel, either direction is fine. This will get you down to the next level much faster than waiting with everyone else. Go down one level. Once you leave the elevator, look for signs for rental cars. Since you are Emerald Aisle, don't look for National's counter, look for National's garage location. You will leave the building and cross the street to the garage, you take the elevator up one floor and there you are. Pick out your car and off you go.
The signs are well done, and the people are very very nice there, so, don't hesitate to ask for help. Emerald Aisle is well marked.
When do you leave?

Hi,
I leave 2/1 and I definitely hope it hurries up and gets warm.
I will be able to give you better instructions when I get back, I will be doing the same SWA to EA. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter