Anyone else buying airline tickets for summer?

spleuchan

Mouseketeer
I know it is a big gamble, but we just purchased airline tickets for our July trip. The four of us for under $500 and we get free bags. It would be a 14 hour drive, which we have done before, but I was not looking forward to it. I'm hoping once warmer weather comes, coronavirus won't transmit as easily and things will be open. Anyone else thinking or doing the same?

Flying from where and to where ?

Stay local & help the people in your State get their business & economy going again
This is the disboards, so I didn't think that I had to explain we are booked for Disney. As I mentioned, 14 hours away by car. Did the BJ's deal a couple months ago, so locked into Disney. If it is still so bad that Disney is closed or it doesn't feel safe to travel, we wouldn't replace it with somewhere more local, we would be staying home.

We already have air tickets for Hawaii in may, 9 day Disney Cruise on the fantasy at end of June and to Colorado at end of July. I’m guessing Hawai’i/aulani is not going but hoping we get in the cruise.

We already have air tickets for Hawaii in may, 9 day Disney Cruise on the fantasy at end of June and to Colorado at end of July. I’m guessing Hawai’i/aulani is not going but hoping we get in the cruise.

I would be okay with planning on July right now - I think if we still have domestic travel restrictions in July then we won’t have an economy left. I thought about buying tickets to Costa Rica but decided that international travel will be too much of a mess to even bother with.

Amazingly low prices from MD area to FL, we are probably going to book flights down to see my folks over Memorial Day weekend on points, then if it doesn't work out we'll get the points back.

Visiting our daughter in Houston in July. Round trip from Cincinnati to Houston for the two of us...about $350.

I might buy tickets to Fly from Tampa to Indianapolis to babysit my niece and nephew. It's a maybe at this point but I refuse to drive 20 hours to just get there. I hope the tickets continue to drop though.

I just booked Jetblue for July. Their website now lists no change or cancellation fees for flights booked March 28-April 30 for travel thru October 24. That sort of sealed the deal. We're in our 60’s, so just in case we don’t feel comfortable, we’ll just cancel.

I know it is a big gamble, but we just purchased airline tickets for our July trip. The four of us for under $500 and we get free bags. It would be a 14 hour drive, which we have done before, but I was not looking forward to it. I'm hoping once warmer weather comes, coronavirus won't transmit as easily and things will be open. Anyone else thinking or doing the same?

we are flying in September. I’m not worried.

Thinking about tickets from YYZ to MCO for a trip before Labour Day. It’s $902 cad for 3!! So cheap. So tempting. Surely Canada won’t let “Air Canada” go bankrupt? 🤔 but haven’t given them my money yet.

We have flights to SNA booked for our August San Diego and Disneyland trip, booked back at the beginning of February. Cautiously optimistic at this point that we’ll get to go but prepared for the possibility that we may not.

We are going in August, keeping an eye on the air fare, we fly from a small airport (Newburgh NY to MCO), so we pay more to begin with, but before the virus, for 3 of us it was close to $1700, now it's in the $1300 or so, over the weekend it dropped to around $1200, but of course I didn't grab them, then they went up a little. If it goes down again, I'll book. Usually I pay around $1200 for the 3 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter