Anyone else buying airline tickets for summer?

I know it is a big gamble, but we just purchased airline tickets for our July trip. The four of us for under $500 and we get free bags. It would be a 14 hour drive, which we have done before, but I was not looking forward to it. I'm hoping once warmer weather comes, coronavirus won't transmit as easily and things will be open. Anyone else thinking or doing the same?
We had flights booked for late May/early June that Jet Blue cancelled on us. I've rebooked the trip itself for July, but am waiting to actually get the money refunded from Jet Blue before giving them more money for the July trip. They're our preferred airline from our city to Orlando, but I do want my refund, first.

We always go in early May due to light crowds and great weather. This year though we decided not to risk it not being open yet to go ahead and get flights for Sept. another great time to go. Still love to plan.

I was looking at airfare for September. Great prices right now, but I am not booking anything yet. I will be travelling with my Mom who will be 82 by then, so I am waiting to see how things play out. I will make a decision in July if we are going or not so I can cancel and bank my DVC points if we do not go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter