Anyone else have a tall/skinny teen boy?????

Right there with you all. my DS (16) is in a 29x32 but ready to move up to a 34 inseam and the 29 waist still needs a belt. He is sooo thin, but eats like a horse. he's a distance runner (cross country, 5k's, half marathons) so he burns a zillion calories a day it seems.

Most of his jeans come from Aeropostle, hollister, or AF (I know, not very "budget")

Now I also have the total opposite problem. DH is a 32x29 (he's only 5'6) Try finding any pants in that size. Tons of 29 inseams in the much bigger waist sizes, but none in his size. (Although it is fun being 4 inches taller than your DH, I'm 5'10, DS has my genes!!)

Thank you for starting this thread!!! My DS is 5'9" and weighs about 120. We have been getting him size 18 pants wherever we can find them. He has to either wear a belt with them or sometimes they have an adjustable waist. Luckily at 13 he isn't too picky. Yet! But now those pants are getting too short. I will be checking out all of the resources that everyone has posted.

Have you checked the selection in the Denim Shop on Amazon? I just did a search for 29x34 and found matches for several Levi's and Wranglers.

Larry

My DS13 is 6' and we buy all his jeans at American Eagle. They carry 30x34 and now carry them in the store. Have to go up to 30 in waist to get that 34 length though...we have nice selection of belts in our house ;) Hollister jeans do run a little longer compare to other brands though....if I DO NOT dry them he can wear a 32 length in the boot cut from Hollister they are called slim boot cut I think and they are same length as the 34 at AE :confused3

I found some at the Lee outlet store; 30 x 32 but the 30 waist fit much more like a 29. He is soooo skinny and long legged, that I'm sure we'll be up to 34 before too long. I feel your pain! BTW, Old Navy's 29 waist was huge.

Skinny jeans is what my son wears. They keep him from looking like he is wearing MC Hammer pants.

For the skinny jeans: look for the stores that cater to "skaters". Some of the other stores Aero, AF, AE are still too 'baggy' for my son. He hates the MC Hammer pant look as well.

As for another PP that said no 'girls or womens' department, well ask your son-- he might actually do it. My son went into Platos Closet and looked around and found 2 pairs of jrs sizing that were exactly what he was looking for (skinny dark, long enough, perfect size in the back - no gaps). It is very common around here to see the teen boys in the jr section of dept stores so they can find the jeans they want. Its no big issue-- honestly!

Its a well known fact that most of these "skater style"boys wear girls/jr jeans.

To me if it fits, I don't care what department they came from-- its just jeans.

Now I also have the total opposite problem. DH is a 32x29 (he's only 5'6) Try finding any pants in that size. Tons of 29 inseams in the much bigger waist sizes, but none in his size. (Although it is fun being 4 inches taller than your DH, I'm 5'10, DS has my genes!!)

My husband is shorter as well. I have had great luck at Kohls for him in the terms of length/waist size. Lands End online used to hem pants for you in the length you need-- check to see if they still do that. We've also had moderate luck at LL Bean.

My DH was a 30X34 when I married him 20 years ago. He's currently a 32X34 and probably will be for many years to come. He has his best luck buying blue jeans at JC Penny's (He only wears 501 slim cut jeans). Try online if you don't have luck in the store - 20 years ago, he would just wait and go to the bigger Pennys and usually find his size. Of course, people were thinner then, and it was easier to find men's pants in his size then.

We used to have good luck buying khakis from Hilfigur, but they stopped making them in his size. Brooks Brothers just started making khakis in his size about a year an a half ago, I guess. They're pricey, but they last forever. Not so sure I'd put the money down for a teenage boy. American Eagle has his size as well, but they don't look as professional and they fall apart quickly, but for a teenage boy, this would probably be a good option.

Right there with you all. my DS (16) is in a 29x32 but ready to move up to a 34 inseam and the 29 waist still needs a belt. He is sooo thin, but eats like a horse. he's a distance runner (cross country, 5k's, half marathons) so he burns a zillion calories a day it seems.

Most of his jeans come from Aeropostle, hollister, or AF (I know, not very "budget")

I hear you on the DH...mine is about 5'9" and a bit....and wears a 38x29. He buys all of his jeans from Lands End. They hem for free, in any length, even 1/4 inches!

My 14 year old would rather go naked than wear Lands End, L.L.Bean, Lee, and Wrangler. I know that sounds very spoiled, but it is what it is. Kids just don't wear those brands (here anyway). He's OK with Levi's, Old Navy, Aero, American Eagle, Hollister, etc. I won't spend $60 on jeans though.... Soooo....I've taken the suggestions here and looked on-line. If I can find a small waist with a 34" length, they are the wrong color:headache: or they are "destroyed":headache: or they are $80 :headache:

The search continues. And I think I'll check out Pac-Sun and similar for the skinny jeans (not super skinny, just skinny). Maybe a 30" waist will work if the jeans are skinny. Normally, he's not skinny enough to wear jeans that tight....he sticks with the slim fit and not the super skinny. (he's not a skater, and doesn't want to be called a "poser"...:eek:)

He needs a new pair of khaki's too, for church and dress. I bought him a pair of Aero ones in a 29x32 and they are floods! I think I'll check Dockers at Kohl's....I think they come in small waist/long length.

Thanks everyone for your support!! :goodvibes

MarcyinPa,

I can feel your pain with the brand specifics. Maybe we could go shopping together, since it loooks like we are in the same area. :yay: My oldest is 6'1" and weighs 145. He is ok with a 32x32 from Aero, but he tends to not put the waist where the waist should be (pants on the ground, pants on the ground :lmao:). I have a feeling if he wore them where they should be, he would have the same problems.
Since he is now a poor college student, he isn't so brand choosy. His younger brother on the other hand..... :eek: We did find some pants at Aero for $20 a pair. I even found some at the Goodwill (shh, don't tell him) in the same size.

we'll a have a 14 year old 5'7" and 115 lbs............... 18R fits his lenght...... but his waist is huge....

I hear you on the DH...mine is about 5'9" and a bit....and wears a 38x29. He buys all of his jeans from Lands End. They hem for free, in any length, even 1/4 inches!

The search continues. And I think I'll check out Pac-Sun and similar for the skinny jeans (not super skinny, just skinny). Maybe a 30" waist will work if the jeans are skinny. Normally, he's not skinny enough to wear jeans that tight....he sticks with the slim fit and not the super skinny. (he's not a skater, and doesn't want to be called a "poser"...:eek:)

He needs a new pair of khaki's too, for church and dress. I bought him a pair of Aero ones in a 29x32 and they are floods! I think I'll check Dockers at Kohl's....I think they come in small waist/long length.

We found Docker dress pants at Kohls for him. I want say they were 29 x 32.

Thanks everyone for your support!! :goodvibes

Pacsun has three different brands of skinny jeans: it is pretty simple, skinny, skinnier and skinniest. The regular "skinny" was too baggy for my son if that helps any.

they have all types of colors and if you can catch a sale (I did back in October!) it really isn't that bad. I think I paid about $25 a pair.

My brother wore a 28x36 and my mom used to order all his jeans from JcPenney - I think Arizona was the only brand that had that size for him. He filled out a bit as an adult and wears a 32x36 and it's a little easier to find, but he still orders all his jeans online.

I'm having a bit of the same problem for DS - he's 8 and is 57" tall already and only weighs 60 pounds. he is a 12 for length, but even the slims fall off him.

Ds16 and 140lb wears a 29x34----which is really hard to find, so he makes due with 30x34. He has to wear dress clothes to high school so we get by with two pairs of khaki pants (found one at Goodwill for only $5). Before Christmas Costco had 30x34 Levis. Thank goodness he's not picky about brands, just color (dark blue, not distressed) and fit (straight leg).

I sure wish I could find the boy some sweat pants that don't fall off!

My son is 5"11 and weighs 135 pounds so, yeah, I understand. He will only wear Levis 514 slim straight and they are VERY hard to get in the smaller sizes. He needs a 29x32 but can wear a 30x32 with a belt. I did manage to get some from jcpenny.com and they were $32. Target.com is promising to have them within a few weeks. We've had no luck finding them in actual stores. Actually, many of the boys around here get theirs from the girls jr. department. My son refuses to do that though so we keep looking!

I have a 5'10" DS14 -- he has the same problem. I buy the Levi's online from Kohls. He wears 28x 32 and that is the only place i can get them. American Eagle & Aero don't go above 30 length for that waist size. I know the Levi's have longer lengths available too. I used a 30% off code in November and got them for about $24/each.

My son wear Vans Slimbo jeans I can find them at JCP & Kohls. Even Levi Skinny Jeans are too big in the waist. And Old Navy all the do for slim jeans is make the waist smaller & he looks like he has "taters in his drawers":rotfl: Boy I can't wait for summer & shorts. He wears 12 jeans & 8 shorts.

Kae

Ds13 is in 18 slim Levi's I found at Sears on the clearance rack for 5.99. I took every pair they had. I think the salesperson thought I was crazy but for that price I couldn't pass them up. Thankfully I'm always on the look out for slim jeans regardless if they're too big for now. I've got another Ds6 who is in 8 slim. They both can already eat more than me but gain no weight. What I wouldn't give for that. :rotfl:

My son wear Vans Slimbo jeans I can find them at JCP & Kohls. Even Levi Skinny Jeans are too big in the waist. And Old Navy all the do for slim jeans is make the waist smaller & he looks like he has "taters in his drawers":rotfl: Boy I can't wait for summer & shorts. He wears 12 jeans & 8 shorts.

Kae

DS has worn the Slimbo jeans before and has liked them.

My son is 6'7" and we had this problem when he was a teen. I bought his jeans from Pennys, Kohls, and Sears. I used to go to the foot locker store at our mall and they sold what were supposed to be the long baggy T-Shirts, for DS they were perfect and a cheap way to get plain pocket Ts for him.
I was able to order shirts and sweats and PJs from the king size catalog but I don't remember if they had jeans or not. They probably did. Back then the king size catalog was one of the few places I could find sneakers for his size 14 foot!

Now he is 24 and married and it's his wifes problem but I do sympathize with you. It wasn't easy to find clothes that would fit his body and his teenager style!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter