• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone else hoping to go in July 2022?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
i'm in the middle of booking our DVC stay (DVC members can book from 11 months out).
We're hoping to get a flight on June 30th and return home on July 31st.
We'll be at WDW from June 30th to July 25th, when we board the Disney Wish for a 4 night cruise.
Then back to WDW just for the weekend, flying home on Sunday, July 31st.

As i've been booking the DVC rooms, i've been getting more excited.
And since it seems APs will return soon, things are certainly looking up.

But i'm still wondering whether we'll actually be able to go, and what it will be like once we get there...

but enough of that....
anyone else going in July 2022?

Hi,
We’ve booked to go from the 11th-30th of June and I’m totally with you on the very excited/don’t too excited front. I yo-yo between thinking surely by then things will be back to some kind of normality and then I remember thinking the same last March 2020 about my November 2020 trip to Thailand!
I am really hoping for the return of the DDP, character meet and greets and some form of FP. But could be asking for too much!

Cruising on the Disney Wish…..now that is mega exciting!!!

Hi,
We’ve booked to go from the 11th-30th of June and I’m totally with you on the very excited/don’t too excited front. I yo-yo between thinking surely by then things will be back to some kind of normality and then I remember thinking the same last March 2020 about my November 2020 trip to Thailand!
I am really hoping for the return of the DDP, character meet and greets and some form of FP. But could be asking for too much!

Cruising on the Disney Wish…..now that is mega exciting!!!

i'm hoping for DDP too! Supposedly, it's coming back soon..
as for fastpass? that seems less likely, but we can hope!

i'm in the middle of booking our DVC stay (DVC members can book from 11 months out).
We're hoping to get a flight on June 30th and return home on July 31st.
We'll be at WDW from June 30th to July 25th, when we board the Disney Wish for a 4 night cruise.
Then back to WDW just for the weekend, flying home on Sunday, July 31st.

As i've been booking the DVC rooms, i've been getting more excited.
And since it seems APs will return soon, things are certainly looking up.

But i'm still wondering whether we'll actually be able to go, and what it will be like once we get there...

but enough of that....
anyone else going in July 2022?

Goodness I hope so. And staying for an extra extended trip to make all the testing/ extra paperwork more worthwhile. Hopefully fly out around 15th July return first week September in time for school .

Ooh you sound like you have some proper plans coming together. The wish sounds 😍

I am tempted to look at villas for the first time ever 😬 really don't fancy it but the older teens hate sharing the double beds

i'm hoping for DDP too! Supposedly, it's coming back soon..
as for fastpass? that seems less likely, but we can hope!

DDP would be brilliant. The kids are defo sharing a bed if it comes back . 🤞 Free dining is my ultimate optimism. We would probably only do 5/7 days onsite though.

Ooh and we have never done universal as a family so defo going to try fit that in.

Goodness I hope so. And staying for an extra extended trip to make all the testing/ extra paperwork more worthwhile. Hopefully fly out around 15th July return first week September in time for school .

Ooh you sound like you have some proper plans coming together. The wish sounds 😍

I am tempted to look at villas for the first time ever 😬 really don't fancy it but the older teens hate sharing the double beds

so you're going for about 6 to 7 weeks. That's brilliant!!!
Americans don't understand why we all go for such long visits.
But the trip over is so exhausting, not to mention costly that it just makes sense. And now with covid, even moreso.

DDP would be brilliant. The kids are defo sharing a bed if it comes back . 🤞 Free dining is my ultimate optimism. We would probably only do 5/7 days onsite though.

Ooh and we have never done universal as a family so defo going to try fit that in.

we're DVC owners now, so onsite is much more doable than when we paid cash.
In fact, when we crunched the numbers we realized we wouldn't be able to continue to stay onsite with the way they kept increasing the price of rooms.

Make sure that you book a universal hotel that includes early entry into harry potter and front of the line (whatever they call it).
Assuming universal still does that.
We've only stayed there twice - once at the portofino, which we didn't like and the second time was at the Royal Pacific, which we thought was really nice, with a great pool.
Both had early entry and front of the line. I don't know if they still do that, but if they do, it makes your stay much nicer.

so you're going for about 6 to 7 weeks. That's brilliant!!!
Americans don't understand why we all go for such long visits.
But the trip over is so exhausting, not to mention costly that it just makes sense. And now with covid, even moreso.

Yes hopefully , maybe a bit longer if we can squeeze it , which should be doable as exams and official school leaving date is usually a few weeks before summer hols start 😁😁 but could come unstuck with college open days etc 🤞 our last visit was 2016 and we decided not to go bk until we could do our big bucket list trip & hopefully kill 2 birds with one trip and incorporate the 50th anniversary. We will probably only spend 2/3 week in Orlando though. Really want to road trip to Tennessee and Dollywood and a million stops in-between .

Ooh I get excited writing it out. This trip has been planned In pencil for a few years. PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN

Which dvc resort are you hoping to stay in? Will you resort hop for such a long stay ? How many of you are going ? You are going with extended family group?

August for us.

Hoping for some degree of normality as it's likely to be our last trip to Florida as a family.

Not optimistic, though.

Yes hopefully , maybe a bit longer if we can squeeze it , which should be doable as exams and official school leaving date is usually a few weeks before summer hols start 😁😁 but could come unstuck with college open days etc 🤞 our last visit was 2016 and we decided not to go bk until we could do our big bucket list trip & hopefully kill 2 birds with one trip and incorporate the 50th anniversary. We will probably only spend 2/3 week in Orlando though. Really want to road trip to Tennessee and Dollywood and a million stops in-between .

Ooh I get excited writing it out. This trip has been planned In pencil for a few years. PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN

Which dvc resort are you hoping to stay in? Will you resort hop for such a long stay ? How many of you are going ? You are going with extended family group?

our last trip to WDW with the entire family was in 2017...
at that time we set 2021 as the big family trip....
we were supposed to get to WDW on July 25th this year and stay for 3 weeks, followed by the disney dream.

So when we had to cancel 2021, my kids decided we'd go for 2022, even though that meant going in july rather than august (august being much easier at WDW than july)...

when i say whole family it means DH and me (we're the 'grandparents'); my daughter and her husband; and my son, his wife and their 3 small children.
so it's 9 of us all together, 6 adults and 3 children (next year they'll be 4, 6 and 8)

We own at Saratoga Springs and Bay Lake Tower, but most of the points are at saratoga.
i'm booking us a two bedroom and a studio (the studio is for my daughter and her husband)...
last time i took 2 two bedrooms, but by doing a two bedroom and a studio we can stay for more days.

we'll stay at a combination of Bay Lake Tower and Saratoga Springs, and if there's still anything available at 7 months i'll try for a few days at animal kingdom (kidani village) and beach club (next to impossible, but i can hope)

We plan to fly out the 22nd July to Disneyland (Anaheim)
After all the cancellations everbody has been through we're hoping for some normality by then :-)

fingers crossed for all of us!!!
my husband and i were supposed to go to disneyland in october 2020, but that didn't happen ..
we were supposed to go on an adventures by disney tour of disneyland and disney studios, plus i had another 6 days reserved at disneyland...
and before that we were supposed to be on a 5 night cruise on the disney wonder out of san diego and the last week was supposed to be in las vegas (part business, part pleasure)...
but none of that happened either...i doubt we'll ever actually do that trip now....it was a once in a lifetime thing but it's probably not possible for us..

We plan to fly out the 22nd July to Disneyland (Anaheim)
After all the cancellations everbody has been through we're hoping for some normality by then :-)

it's seeming less and less likely that it will be normal, but still i hope!!
maybe by then, we'll have a better idea of how often we need to get a booster...

You might be interested in this (from today's news):
Oxford-jab chief criticises UK's Covid booster plan
In a nutshell ... maybe never :confused3
(It's a BBC item so may not be viewable in some other countries. I can PM the text to you if it baulks you.)

i disagree with Professor Pollard.
the UK is in good shape right now because the second jabs were done so recently.
In a curious way, the UK is better off for having waited far longer than anyone else to administer that second jab.
It takes about 5 to 6 months for the immunity to decrease significantly, so it will take another few months for the full effect to be felt in the UK.
One of the reasons for the huge spike in Florida is because that state was exceptionally efficient in getting the high risk groups fully vaccinated quickly, meaning they're now more than 5 months away from their second dose.

As for the argument that if we don't use it the vaccine could go to another country - it doesn't really work that way.
More likely it will be thrown away, which doesn't do anyone any good.

Last edited:
We plan to make our first time as DVC owners to Animal Kingdom Villas as soon as the kids break up for the summer, so late July.

Im fine about park reservations but I do hope the dinning plan is back by then which I’m sure it will be.

Biggest concern is whether we will be in a much better position with Covid by then. Surely we will a year from now?

We plan to make our first time as DVC owners to Animal Kingdom Villas as soon as the kids break up for the summer, so late July.

Im fine about park reservations but I do hope the dinning plan is back by then which I’m sure it will be.

Biggest concern is whether we will be in a much better position with Covid by then. Surely we will a year from now?

that's the million dollar question!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter