Anyone else spending way less money?

They have enough business already to keep them busy for some time. My neighbor is in commercial lending but said so many started the ball rolling a few weeks back when rates dropped that he doesn't expect the residential lending side of the bank he works at to catch up for a few months.

ahhh - that makes sense.
Welp, I'll just keep calling I guess, I'll eventually get a hold of someone.

Spending much much less. Cooking all meals and stretching leftovers. We haven't ordered in. We usually eat a couple meals out per week. For example, no trips to Home Depot, Home Goods, or local garden center for spring plantings. Haven't ordered a single thing online. Trips out of state to visit schools with senior high school son cancelled, so hotels were cancelled. Even though household family income is not presently impacted, hesitant to spend for worries of how this is impacting family members (adult children) who have no income because of business that cannot operate and also worried what the final impact will be on college savings plan for son who goes to college in the fall.

Let's just put it this way.......I am now sending DH to the stores with my list of needed items. I love him dearly but he just shops like we won't be going back in weeks. And he adds many things to the list. Honey I didn't need three bags of Cheese Balls, really; not even one bag.

Tell him to save some money. You are going to need it for that halfway dark alley meeting with my sister in law to get some of the stuff she's been hoarding away! And she likes cheese balls..so you might be able to barter a couple of bags of them for something you really need! :rolleyes:

I thought we'd be spending more with grocery shopping at pricier stores (because our usual stores were out of stock). But we actually ended up with more leftover funds this month than usual. We're not eating out every week like we were, and we're hardly using any gas. No weekly fun shopping with mom so that saved a bunch!

Yes we’re spending way less on food and items. We’re local passholders (both Disney and Universal) that live about 3 miles from Magic Kingdom. We would typically go to the parks a few times a week so the random things we’d buy would add up. Plus during festival times at Epcot all the food stuff we’d buy would add up. We also ate out a few times a week, either local places or sometimes at the parks, Disney Springs or Citywalk.
So

So between not buying random souvenirs during our park visits and not eating out, we’re spending a lot less. We’ve done takeout twice just to get a break from making a meal that night, but the rest of our meals for the past almost three weeks have been made at home.

Also another biggie is no Target runs where my wife buys 5-6 clothing items. :)

I think I have mentioned that I go to a lot of concerts - usually one a week. All have canceled. Which means no dinner before, cocktails, parking, etc. Also missing my pedicures and weekly massages.
However I have spent a lot of money on needlepoint in the past two weeks.
DH is smoking more weed, but we aren't out at restaurants.
Grocery shopping is about even cost-wise. We have been able to get whatever we need at stores - it may not be our usual brand of product, but we can still get it.

I spend more at the grocery store in one trip, but I'm probably spending about the same. Before all this started, I would stop at the store multiple times a week for something we ran out of. Now I'm getting everything in one trip.

Spending more online for necessities I can't find at the store.

Maybe less overall though. Not spending as much impulsively.

What are you guys buying to keep yourself sane at home? So far I picked up a grill and coffee maker.

Yes, we are spending a lot less. There is nowhere to go and nothing to do ... I get groceries and we eat at home. Entertainment has been Netflix, card games, puzzles and walking.

We are spending a little less. We are getting carryout 2-3x/week and that is less expensive than eating out 2-3X/week because we are just ordering main dishes - no appetizers or bar drinks. I have ordered things for several websites. I went 2 weeks between grocery visits instead of just 1, but didn't spend 2x what I usually do, so that is good.

I haven't put gas in the van in 2.5 weeks. I will be interested to see if our electric and water bill are a little higher next month due to me being home 24/7.

Just think if you all stayed at this new lifestyle of spending less how much more you would have in emergency fund, retirement and be able to give like no one else as Dave Ramsey says.

I’m spending more. Otherwise I’d be hiking a trail, which is pretty much free. Now, I need to keep myself busy at home. I can only watch so much streaming.

Well, my grocery bill is enormous right now, due to having to shop in places that are higher-priced, but I've stopped spending money on nearly anything else. I did spend about $40 on some supplies for the medical mask drive I'm sewing for, but that's it for online orders. We are not ordering takeout, either.

DH & I are luckily still employed, but we are both in definite belt-tightening mode, just in case. If we do get federal cash, we won't spend a dime of it on anything frivolous -- it's going into the emergency fund.

Saving a ton of money.

Eating out less. Not getting gas. Not hitting WaWa every time I drive out of the house. Two cancelled Disney trips. And Amazon's change to some priority item deliveries has really ended my spur of the moment purchases.

Although my iTunes rentals are way up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter