Anyone else?

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
Feeling a little down that the 50th is almost over? I know it's only March but to think that by the end of the year the celebration will be over?? Ahhh!! I don't even want to think about it!! It's been such a fun time!!

I should really think about what I want to do before it's all over.
Certain pictures I should take?
Things I should do?

God willing I'll be here for the 100th :)

I'm actually looking forward to it being over. We went once during this 50th season and that was plenty. Don't get me wrong -- it was great, different, nice -- but I'm looking forward to less crowds, better hotel rates. AP rates anyone? ;)

I'm ok with it ending. My goal was to go for one visit during the 50th. We went in late 2003, then didnt go again until Oct 2005- so that we could see the 50th. It was hard to wait those (almost) 2 years. Well, as it turns out, we've been twice during the 50th, and I'm going again in May with 2 good friends. My goal was once and I'm ending up with 3 visits!

I'm looking forwrd to the off season really being the off season! And I'm hoping the rates (hotel) will go down a little bit when it all ends.

Wow, maybe it IS just me! I've been 3 times and going a 4th in June...I'm SURE it will be crowded but then again we have fun just walking around, taking in a show, parades, shopping, dining, etc. We don't do the popular rides either since our 5 year old isn't into "fast" so maybe that's the difference!

But I can understand the rates and crowds thing!! Funny, when I look back to ALL three of my previous 50th trips, "crowds" isn't the first thing that comes to mind?? Guess I just take it in stride!

Finally made it back to DL for the 50th and all I can say is WOW! WOW - what amazing crowds! WOW - everything at the park is so nice, nothing looks "tired" or run down! WOW - all those people, but no bathroom lines! WOW - lines for absolutely EVERTYTHING ELSE! and Finally, WOW - the fireworks show makes it all worth it!!!

pixiedust:

hlbtimes2 said:
I'm ok with it ending. My goal was to go for one visit during the 50th. We went in late 2003, then didnt go again until Oct 2005- so that we could see the 50th. It was hard to wait those (almost) 2 years. Well, as it turns out, we've been twice during the 50th, and I'm going again in May with 2 good friends. My goal was once and I'm ending up with 3 visits!

I'm looking forwrd to the off season really being the off season! And I'm hoping the rates (hotel) will go down a little bit when it all ends.

We'll be going in Oct '06. How are the crowds in October? It will also be our first DL trip. :banana:

We made it for the 50th last October with our entire family (a group of ELEVEN!) and it was so much fun and so worth it. I want to try to go again before it's over...that fireworks show is AMAZING...best I've EVER seen.

I will be sad when it's over, I love the way the castle looks with the little tiaras and stuff.

CHOPR said:
We'll be going in Oct '06. How are the crowds in October? It will also be our first DL trip. :banana:

Its really hard to say what the crowds will be like this year. Typically, Oct is the slow, off season. Oct 05 was crazy busy! The lines were long, they were extending hours, etc.

This Oct is sort of up in the air. The 50th was scheduled to run 18 months, starting May 5, 05. That would put it ending the begining of Nov. In early Feb. I emailed and asked when it was really going to end. I was told the end of the year. Other people have emailed since then, and were told begining of Sept. My guess is, they will extend it to "due to popular demand" or some such thing, and run it until the end of the year. So, Oct is likely to be busy with people trying to get in one last visit during the 50th or people thinking the 50th is over and its the slow season like it used to be! Either way, probably not a typicall Oct. Oct 2007 should be nice and quiet!

CHOPR said:

We went last Oct thinking it would be slow season. Boy were we wrong. It was the busiest we'd seen disneyland (we usually go in the offseason). I noticed that you're staying at GCH, that's where we stayed. You'll love it. Don't let the crowds frighten you. Take advantage of all the different activities GCH has to offer when the crowds and lines are too much for you. We loved hanging out by the pool in the afternoons and heading back to the parks in the early evening. Head to the parks early in the morning, You'll be able to do more then than any other time of the day.

We enjoyed the 50th so much we're going two more times, first by ourselves, and then with the inlaws. We can't wait.

Has it been busy during the week of those "off-season" times? We are going April 30 - May 4th. We will be at the park on sunday late afternoon, monday, wed evening and thursday. Anyone have a guess as to what to expect as far as crowds?

We are going May 1st-5th I refuse to go on weekends at that helps a bit.....hopefully it wont be too bad. We were there right before Halloween and it was great but come Friday the hotel breakfast was packed and we were glad we were going home! Also a helpful thing to know is here in Nevada Halloween weekend is a four day no school weekend.....the hotel was full of NV plates Thusday night! It may be a good time to avoid.

jemilah said:
We are going May 1st-5th I refuse to go on weekends at that helps a bit.....hopefully it wont be too bad. We were there right before Halloween and it was great but come Friday the hotel breakfast was packed and we were glad we were going home!

Thanks!! I hope it is not too crowded. I assume that sunday will be but we are just doing dinner and then hiding while my mom sees the firework - they :scared1: my daughter. She loves them on the dvd but not in person, so we'll be in the stores :rolleyes:

Is your son's BD May 2nd (did I caculate it right?)? My daughter's is the 1st. Have a wonderful time.

RADOPT said:
Thanks!! I hope it is not too crowded. I assume that sunday will be but we are just doing dinner and then hiding while my mom sees the firework - they :scared1: my daughter. She loves them on the dvd but not in person, so we'll be in the stores :rolleyes:

Is your son's BD May 2nd (did I caculate it right?)? My daughter's is the 1st. Have a wonderful time.

His birthday is atually the 7th but since we avoid weekends at Disney, we will celebrate a little early! I hope your daughter has a great BD too!!!!!!!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter