Anyone else's countdown just seem to be dragging?

701 days and counting. Driving DW crazy already. Yes I know it's a long way out to plan but I wanted enough time to save and do it right. Have gone to DL many times. 1st going to WDW plan on 8 days hitting all 4 parks and both water parks.

I am actually looking at dates for fall of 2018 now. Started thinking back in January. So 701 days is not crazy at all.

I have noticed that time seems to slow until the 30 day mark, at which point it then rapidly increases. One thing that has helped me is to make the planning and preparation part of the vacation (e.g. enjoying the research, savoring the hunt for the perfect reservation, plotting with friends, etc.). At least for DH and I, it makes the whole trip process enjoyable. . . . as many wiser people have said before me, it is not just the destination but the journey, including making friends on the DIS boards. :grouphug:

Agree w/the PP about it dragging until day 30 or so. We are at 42 days now, so we're getting there. We are honeymooning there in August. I was too busy planning the wedding (5/28) to be thinking about how slow time is going by til our trip but now I am! And I hate to wish for time to fly by, especially because I love the summer. So I'm just enjoying talking about it and doing some prepping and planning
:) Can't wait!!

Yes. I still have over 200 days. I try to get my kids excited but my DS says" mom tell me when we have a 100 days and I will let you know how I feel". Kids

WOW, 20 years between visits??? I shouldn't say anything though since, prior to my honeymoon in 2000 it had been 17 years since my last visit and then it took another 11 to go back once my son was old enough. Suddenly, we started going every 2 years (2013 and 2015), which turned into an additional 2015 trip, a March 2016 trip, and now another trip in 26 days. And each time the time in between seems tooooo long. Keep your head up, it'll get here. Just don't wait so long for next time :earboy2:

I feel your pain - we have 462 to go lol

Well we're in this together! My husband says it will fly by but it currently doesn't feel that way. Lol.
Right now I'm just watching the disboards and looking forward to my 180 days for dining ressies :drinking1

193 days for me. This is the furthest out I've ever booked and I feel like I'm going to drive myself crazy before it's time to leave :earseek:

Yesssss! I'm at four months, so I'm in this weird in between place where I don't really have any planning to do, and I'm running out of new Disney content (youtubes, blogs, reviews, trip reports) to binge.

127 days. I am pretty sure my husband tunes me out whenever I start speaking about Disney. He loves it as much as me but he gets more excited when we are much closer

Yes! We only booked a week ago and time is just dragging. We're going in December for my daughters birthday and I can't wait to share Disney with her and my son!

Vacation packages and flights are already booked. I've been saving up money and working a lot to pay for this trip (I work fast food) and I thought the months would pass by if I kept myself busy but they are just dragging! I've done everything from write a list of things I want to do at Disney (including food I want to try), chose my magic band colors, and read numerous trip reports. Still summer technically hasn't started yet. Anyone else facing this dilemma of two entire seasons having to pass before they get to go home? I'm so anxious because by the time I go on this trip, it will have been 20 years since I last set foot in Disney. I have been wanting to go back for a long time but it just wasn't feasible before now. I'm so excited to be able to go back as an adult and not as a preschooler this time!

Long story short...I went to DW for the first time a couple of years after it opened. I knew then that I wanted to live close enough to go whenever. Unfortunately...life got in the way for several years...had to finish college, get a job, save money...for 5 long, long years!! (That's more than 1800 days!!!)

Then moving day arrived and I found a place a few miles from the front gates...I was in 7th heaven and have been there ever since.

So, I feel for those of you with long waits until your trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter