Anyone ever use Snapfish

Dagny

DIS Veteran
I have a TON of film that needs developing. I am great about taking pictures and horrible about getting them developed. Does anyone have any experiences with Snapfish? Are they reasonable - are the prints good quality? I need the good, the bad and the ugly... TIA.

My sister-in-law uses Snapfish all of the time. She loves it (I think you also get the pictures on-line to share???) I've seen them and they seem to be the same quality as any other pictures I've seen. I've only seen them in glossy, I prefer matte. I'm not sure if that's her choice or if it's the only option.

She has a 35 mm point and shoot Canon that takes wonderful pictures and I don't think she'd continue to use Snapfish if she were disappointed with their service. Hope this helps.

I've used them in the past. However, their prices raised effective Oct. 1, so now it's the same price to drop them off at Wal-Mart for regular processing. The quality was normal. It usually took me about 1 1/2 weeks to get my prints back. Once, it took almost 3 weeks. I only got them after I emailed them to ask about it. I think they might have been lost. All said and done, I doubt I will use them again.

I've been using snapfish for quite a while. It is true that there prices have gone up and they are now in line with any other film developing place--however, not every film developing place will put your pictures online and allow you to email a link to family and friends so that they can purchase copies of whatever pics they might like. I have been happy with their service and have never waited more than a week for my pictures to be returned. They are usually on line within a few days....several days before they come in the mail.

I've been using Snapfish for over a year now and I find them to be wonderful. You do get a choice of glossy or matte. The regular charge right now is $2.99 per roll, I haven't been able to find that at any other developer yet. You get your pictures on line way before you receive them in the mail and I have never waited over a week for my prints. What I did was take my postage paid addressed envelopes (they send them to you upon request) with me when I went on vacation and every time I had 4 rolls I'd just put them in the envelope and mail them from the hotel. I had half my pictures waiting for me when I got home! I love the fact that you can name your pictures and rearrange the Albums. Just my 2 cents!

Thanks for reminding me to order mre mailers, msr709! We leave in 3 wks, and I do the same as you. I take my mailers with me and usually have a lot of my pictures online when I get home. I really like the edit feature, too.

One thing I was wondering though. I've heard the x-ray machines that the Post Office will be using to decontaminate mail will destroy film, both exposed and unexposed. Does anyone have any info on this?

I saw a postal official on Good Morning America the other day. He stated that they had tested the eradiating (sp?) machines and that they would not affect credit cards, cds, etc. but they would destroy film, exposed and unexposed.

I decided to try snapfish for my vacation pictures. I mailed my 4 rolls in one envelope from the Polynesian on Friday, Oct. 26. Today is Saturday, Nov. 2. I have not received any pictures and according to snapfish, they have not received my film yet. I am getting really worried. I had mixed feelings about mailing my film in the first place.

DalGal,
You are absolutely correct, they are scanning film at the postoffice and the method will destroy unexposed and exposed film, will not harm prints.
So, if these vacation pictures mean anything to you, I would suggest taking a ride to a store that develops them there or sends them out via truck or van.
Personally, I would opt for a one hour service. Cuts the chances of loss to a very low percentage.

I would think that going to Walmart and paying for 1 hour processng is well worth the additional cost for the peace of mind. Our Walmart in NJ does 1 hour processing for about $5 a roll of 26 prints. They have CD processing too for about $10 a CD. The problem is remembering to bring the rools of film with you on your Walmart run. Good Luck.

I have been using snapfish for almost 11/2 never had a problem. I will say I dropped 2 rolls in about 3 weeks ago and it took almost 2 weeks before they were on line. This was the first time it took this long. When I went to their site it has been up dated and changed around a bit so that could have been the problem. Also with all the mail right now things are moving slower.
Haven't heard about this radiation thing. That would be terrible if my film was destroyed. So I may have to rethink this. I just loved that fact that they put the film on line and I didn't have to do a thing. Much quicker!

Spinning,
Wal*mart's outlab can do the same thing and within 3 business days.
They are not accurate in their "comparison pricing". For one example, uploading from wal*mart's outlab is .97 for anysize roll.
For more information on this "scanning" that the postal service is doing, access Good Morning America and look for the archive file. It was on last week I believe.

Thanks Gail. I will try and look it up. Last time I checked with Wal*mart, granted it has been awhile you needed and AOL address, same way with BJ's and others. So I will have to look a little more into it if it dos become a problem with the mail. That will sure put a lot of mail in phot places out of business I use to use Mystic all the time!

Me again I just went to the Walmart web site and that does sound interesting. Next roll I think I will try it. we have one fairly close. Only thing I don't like about it the pictures are there for only 30 days so you have to upload them to another site. I use to do this before to a site Gatherround.com but they are now someone else. But I think I will give it a try.

Spinning,
You access the pictures via their site, so, no address is needed. You can have them online for longer if you pay a fee. Also, you can download them to your computer and send them to anyone you want.
Wal*Mart has a one time use camera that includes upload to the net for 4.96 for 27 exposures, prints are extra. Not sure if you use OTUCs, but, just in case.
Can you tell where I work and what I do? ;)

Hey Pam,

Dont worry just yet about lost film. Right now mail is running extremely slow. I know I ordered something through first class mail 4 weeks ago and it just got to me on Friday. I talked to our postman, and he said things are slow because workers are leaving, and because of all the new regulations being put into effect.

Id say if they dont arrive in 3 weeks of when you sent them I would call the local post office and Snapfish.

Kelly

Thanks Kelly
I was starting to get a little nervous. I'm so anxious to see the pictures.
Pam :o)

Unless PeterPam sent the film registered or certified mail, calling the post office would be useless. SnapFish is the one to call. They can at least tell you if they have received them.
In fact, you could email them and ask where the pictures are, they do advertise fast service, this is a bit too slow for my tastes.

Since you are in Southern NJ I would say the problem is with the post office because that is where all the anthrax is located (if it had to go through the Trenton office at all). I know that items I have been mailing and had sent to me are talking about 2-3 weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter