Anyone go to a baseball game?

Going to All Star game in July. Do you think they will have transportation from the convention center area, or is it best to take a bus/taxi from GCH or Hojo? Still haven't decided on resort.:rolleyes1

Found my map...Route 15, which services the baseball stadium, does have a stop at the Convention Center. However, it runs on a 60 minute loop. You may want to look into taking a cab.

thank you for the information, you got to see one of my favorite players. JJ Hardy.......... used to play for the Brewers, now with the Twins. Hopefully we will get to a Brewers/Twins game when they come to town this summer.

I think my DH and DS will take a cab, I really want to stay at GCH, I think I would feel very safe there if I am alone.:)

Found my map...Route 15, which services the baseball stadium, does have a stop at the Convention Center. However, it runs on a 60 minute loop. You may want to look into taking a cab.
There's also the OCTA #50 bus, which runs east-west on Katella. The stop near the stadium is unintuitive, but look at the inset in the schedule, which describes the walking route that goes through the Amtrak station. Here's a Wikimapia view of the route. And if you didn't like the bus you can always take a taxi back.

As a bit of stadium buff (32 and counting including several defunct) I just thought Anaheim was ok. I thought SD was much nicer and Dodger Stadium is in my top 5. I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Dodger stadium. It sits up on a hill and you can see just about everything from there including the Hollywood Sign. The atmosphere is laid back but the fans are passionate and knowledgeable. Sitting there on a warm summer evening to me just feels very LA. I compare it to bringing a picnic into the bowl to watch a Philharmonic concert. The thing that blew me away the most is the maintenance. For a stadium that is pushing 50 years old it looks like it was just built. I wouldn't recommend it but I swear you could eat off the floor in that place. Don't get me wrong Anaheim is a decent place to see a game and it is much improved since the renovations but for pure baseball experience Dodger Stadium (and to a lesser degree Petco Park) is a better option.

As a bit of stadium buff (32 and counting including several defunct) I just thought Anaheim was ok. I thought SD was much nicer and Dodger Stadium is in my top 5.
Ok, I'll bite: what's your top 5? Have you been to AT&T Park in SF or the arctic wind tunnel that was Candlestick Park?

First off don't assume because I'm from Massachusetts that I love Fenway, in fact it is my least favorite. Fenway is an uncomfortable, overpriced dump. Since it's slow at work today I'll rank them all for you:
1 PNC Park Pittsburgh
2 Citizen's bank Park Philly
3 Wrigley Field Chicago
4 Dodger Stadium LA
5 Camden Yard Baltimore
6 Petco Park San Diego
7 Comerica Park Detroit
8 Safeco Field Seattle
9 At&T Park SF
10 Progressive Field Cleveland
11 Miller Park Milwaukee
12 Ballpark At Arlington TX
13 Minute Maid Park Houston
14 Great American Ballpark Cincinnati
15 Angel Stadium Anaheim
16 Citi Field Queens, NY Mets
17 Chase Field Phoenix
18 Rogers Center Toronto
19 US Cellular Field Chicago White Sox
20 Oakland Coliseum Oakland
21 (Old) Yankee Stadium Bronx, NY (Gone)
22 Tropicana Field St Petersburg, FL
23 Jack Murphy Stadium San Diego (Closed)
24 Shea Stadium Queens NY (Gone)
25 Tiger Stadium Detroit (Gone)
26 Veterans Stadium Philadelphia (Gone)
27 Cinergy Field Cincinnati (Gone)
28 RFK Stadium Washington DC (Closed)
29 Olympic Stadium Montreal (Team moved)
30 Metrodome Minneapolis (Closed)
31 Sun Life Stadium Miami
32 Fenway Park Boston (Should be demolished)

To be honest 10-17 are pretty much a toss up as are 26-30.

Anyone who lives in PA should consider themselves lucky that they have the 2 best ballparks in the country.

We're going late July, early August...

Were going to go to see SD play Florida on August 1st...but noticed they are playing the Dodgers on July 29th. We're not in SD at that time, but are we better off to drive the extra hour each way to see a game on the 29th...or will the game against Florida be just as much fun?

Also...has anyone been to Petco park with kids? Ours are 4 and 7 and I'm not sure where we should sit...we're not sure they will last the whole game so don't want to spend a fortune, but would still like to go to a game!

:)

We are also going to be there late July/Early Aug, and looking into seeing a baseball game, prices are so much cheaper then tickets at Yankee stadium(who can afford tickets to the new stadium??) which makes me happy!! Trying to decide between a day or a night game? Will it be too hot to enjoy a day game??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter