• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have a child under 3 go into Oceaneers Club?

Similar situation. We sail on 5/4, and my DD's 3rd birthday is on 5/5. She's potty trained, has been in daycare since 12 weeks (and loves it), and has a 7 YO sister who'd be in there with her as well.
When we called to book, the reservation person said it wouldn't be an issue. I emailed to confirm, and the lady who responded didn't give me a firm yes or no whether she'd be allowed in.
Then another person on our cruise said that they'll usually take her as long as they're not at "max capacity," which has me worried that they won't have room for her now.
We've been planning this cruise for over a year, so it's got me worried.

With a birthday during the cruise, chances are very good that if she is fully potty-trained (she needs to do the WHOLE process by herself from entering the restroom to leaving it), and assimiliates well into the group environment, then they likely will allow her into the Club. I'm not sure I've heard anyone report that their child was not allowed to move up if close in age and fully potty trained.

Generally, it's not guaranteed until after boarding. The DCL reservation system takes into account kids ages as well as other factors when determining capacity, and if the ship is "full" for children of the Club/Lab age range, they may not be able to accept the almost-3-year-olds - who in turn were counted into the ship's capacity for the Nursery space. That said, there are overlapping ages so not all 11/12 year olds will go to the Club/Lab even though they are in the age group, some will go to Edge.

Again, with a birthday during the cruise, I really can't see them denying her the Club.

Enjoy your cruise!

Our experience with the club (last year when our son was about 2 months shy of his 3rd birthday) was very good. We cruised Alaska on the Wonder. We brought him to the club and they did a "trial" with him and he had some issues when mommy and daddy left, so they would pick him up and hold him for a few minutes until he settled down and after a few times of this, you couldn't drag the kid out of the club.

Ana, Vinny, and all of the club staff did a great job of making our first Disney Cruise a great one!

-Barrey

CoryB2679 said:
Similar situation. We sail on 5/4, and my DD's 3rd birthday is on 5/5. She's potty trained, has been in daycare since 12 weeks (and loves it), and has a 7 YO sister who'd be in there with her as well.
When we called to book, the reservation person said it wouldn't be an issue. I emailed to confirm, and the lady who responded didn't give me a firm yes or no whether she'd be allowed in.
Then another person on our cruise said that they'll usually take her as long as they're not at "max capacity," which has me worried that they won't have room for her now.
We've been planning this cruise for over a year, so it's got me worried.

We sailed on 4/1 with my DD's third birthday occurring on 4/4. She was fully potty independent and used to holding her own in an environment with older kids, so after an observation by the club manager right after we boarded she was given a Mickey band for the entire cruise. It was spring break time so the cruise was full of kids and we were never told she couldn't go in. Early May is still school session for most people, so there should be fewer kids than a summer/holiday/break cruise. I think you'll be fine assuming your kid can hold their own amongst older children (not just being away from you in daycare).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter