• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have luck for a GV wait list 3 months out

MicNut713

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever had any luck getting a GV at OKW 3 months out on a wait list. Pls send some pixie dust our way. Just did a 60 point add on now we want to treat our enitre family to a great Dis Vac......

My aunt just changed her GV to a 2 bedroom. Some of the people that were planing to come changed their minds. I would think this would happen a lot.

Her dates where 9/17- 9/24. Good luck.

I early March we booked a 2 Br. & 1 studio at OKW for the 1st week in June but waitlisted for a GV. Much to our surprise we got a call in April that the GV was available for all of our dates except the last day. We jumped for joy and remainded on the wait list for the last day. As we grew closer to vacation time I was sure we would have to move for the last night (a Thurs.) so we were on the wait list till the last week before that Thurs. (I think June 2 anyway, 7 days prior to the night we needed) then I had to call daily to check if the room was available. Of course it wasn't, but on the day before we began our drive down (remember DVC is closed weekends) I requested that we go on a "wait log". This is supposed to be requested at check in and then the CM will check to see if it is available. Well, we were already planning how DH and I would move all of our groups bags while the others enjoyed a morning at the parks....the GV was a surprise for our DD and her family. When we got to check in we had a wonderful new CM, Naomi, she did a great job of being helpful and sure enough, our GV was available for that last night. The best part was that she played along with our secret and DD, who is usually one of the sweetest people around, became very upset when we told her that what we were checking on was the studio, there was a mix up and we would all be in the same room. You could see the smoke rise and she looked like a bit of a brat, something this praticular daughter had NEVER been. It just kept getting funnier and funnier. Boy did she feel like a fool when we opened the door...she had never seen the inside of a GV before but like us she loves OKW and she knew this was not a 2 brm.

To make a long story short, we came home and did a 100 pt. add on so that we never have to go through that again unless it is a last min. trip. We are taking the "bratty" as a kid, older DD and her family next yr but they already know about the GV.

I guess my advice is go for it. I think after staying in the GV at BWV and GV at OKW, OKW is my fav but remember any GV at any DVC will be worth the effort. Good Luck and let us know if you get one.

Thank you, Cindy, for the lovely and encouraging :sunny: story! We are 4 A and 3 C in a 2-bedroom at OKW which will be just fine. But, like you, I want to surprise DD and family with the GV. We are wait-listed for Oct 2-6. You have given me hope for a little bit of extra "magic"! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter