• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have luck getting last minute dining reservations?

matt&jakesmom

DIS Veteran
Just book a spur of the moment trip and head to the world next Sunday for a couple days. Wanting to eat at Toplolino's for breakfast. Are people still cancelling ressies last minute?

Lots of threads on this, and lots of success stories. Just keep trying and hopefully you’ll be able to get what you want. Remember, people can cancel with no penalty up till midnight the day before the reservation.

So, in short, keep trying. You might also want to set up an alert through Touring Plans, which people have also had success with.

People definitely cancel reservations last minute. While not your restaurant, I was able to book Via Napoli for lunch (noonish) 3 days in advance, which I then was able to move to dinner (5:50) by continuing to check times using modify. I was also able to do a walk up for Rose & Crown, waited about an hour. That was spur of the moment, so I'm not sure if we could have made reservations for that just a few days in advance as well.

Just book a spur of the moment trip and head to the world next Sunday for a couple days. Wanting to eat at Toplolino's for breakfast. Are people still cancelling ressies last minute?
People do cancel so there is a possibility. I've had luck with Toplolino's. Gotta keep trying.

I arrive the same day as you and have been stalking the app multiple times daily for good reservations, which I finally seem to have settled on. For me the hardest reservations were lunch or dinner at DHS. Have seen more things open up lately, and more restaurants come on line, however they go quickly. Good luck!

Not many breakfast Topolino's came up when we were there a couple of weeks ago (12 days) and I was aggressively moving our ADR's for a variety reasons during Covid vacation and it was completely different than we were used to.

Lots of threads on this, and lots of success stories. Just keep trying and hopefully you’ll be able to get what you want. Remember, people can cancel with no penalty up till midnight the day before the reservation.

So, in short, keep trying. You might also want to set up an alert through Touring Plans, which people have also had success with.
for what it’s worth, I’ve used touring plans dining finder with good success the last few years, and have found it pretty useless the last couple months. I had a search set for brown derby, never got an alert, even after they released a bunch of times for lunch (I ended up seeing a thread about new times opening here and nabbed one) so my advice would be to keep checking yourself, don’t rely on the dining finder.

I got it randomly checking the day before in February.

keep checking as people do cancel.
You'll probably have the most luck 1-2 days prior. Or try touringplans reservation finder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter