Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I lived in Fl said:
What about if a contract is stripped? BCV with no points until 8/06. How will that affect price and Disney doing ROFR?

You SHOULD be fine at $78 per point. Just remember, DVC has to pay closing costs as well (even though they do it "in house"), and then they either have to "find" points for that contract (because DVC will never re-sell a stripped contract, they always come with full points), or sit on it for a year (something which they will never do). So, their costs are higher with that contract being so small, and stripped. I really haven't seen any small contracts being taken (although my guide says it DOES happen). You should be fine!

Congrats on getting that contract!!

:wave:

Beca

Wish I lived in FL: It is so funny I was just going to ask the same kind of question. If a contract is stripped like that, can Disney alter it at all or do they have to keep it as points for 06, therefore, not being able to offer it to people on the waitlist for add on BCV points until 2006? I would think if this were the case, they would not ROFR, but I am not sure. Also, I was wondering about resales that come with banked points: If Disney buys those contracts back, what do they do with the banked points, if these contract points are usually offered to people on the add on waitlist. I hope I make sense with my questions.

Thanks for any answers. :D

Oh Beca, sorry I typed so slow. Thanks for your response to Wish I lived in Fl. You mention "find" points for that contract. How might they be able to do that? Thanks and good luck with your new contract.

:D

disgirl said:
Oh Beca, sorry I typed so slow. Thanks for your response to Wish I lived in Fl. You mention "find" points for that contract. How might they be able to do that? Thanks and good luck with your new contract.

:D

When a contract comes back with banked points, DVC strips those points off of the contracts. DVC will never offer a contract with banked points.

Taking the "banked" points off of a stripped contract is one way DVC can "find" points. Another way is by "giving away" the developer's points that DVC owns (remember: DVC keeps a percentage of the points for themselves...I think it is around 5%...someone correct me if I am wrong). In the big picture, the number of points DVC deals with can balance out. I would guess to say that DVC buys back a lot more contracts with banked points, than those that are stripped. If they buy a stripped contract, it has got to be a pretty good deal.

Good luck to all waiting on ROFR :wizard: :wizard:

Hey Beca, who knows....after our Jan. 22-30 trip at VWL maybe we'll put an offer on your points!

Thanks Beca. That all makes sense to me now. Thanks for taking the time to post. :D

Pixie, pixie, pixie dust to all those waiting on ROFR :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: ! I sure know how hard it is to wait and wonder. Hope all the rest of you pass and Diszip finds another great contract :wave:

Lisa :flower:

On the DVC board, Kimber just posted....

"I had a 50 pt BCV contract listed w/TSS for $73/point. It was stripped. August use year 3 points coming August 2005. I found out this week Disney did exercise ROFR. I did not think they were after stripped contracts, but they took this one. FYI."

That was kind of scary to see......We're waiting on a dinky little 25 BWV contract @ $78 a point (August UY with all of 2005 coming). I know that there's a big difference between $73 & $78, but it's still rather unnerving....

Pixie Dust To All! :wizard:

Wow! After reading these posts I feel real lucky.

On 12/16/04 we mailed our deposit to the TTS for 50 points at VWL at $75.00, August UY, no banked points, 50 coming 8/05. We were contacted on 1/17/05 and told we passed ROFR and we mailed our final payment this morning.

Also in December we purchased points for VWL from Disney. August UY again as we want all our contracts have the same UY. We were told by our guide that there were 117 points available. But when the contracts (2) came, they were for a total of 75 points. We proceeded with these contracts and called our guide to see what happened to the other 42 points? We've left her 2 voice messages but no call back. I guess they are real busy!

The seller just informed me that Disney passed on our BCV contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're going to be members soon! :cool1:

Congratulations Scotch.
:Pinkbounc
We just put in an offer for BW, 160pts at $78 with banked 2004 pts, just got ok from seller and now it's on the way to Disney. Hope this goes thru. A little worried, but if it doesn't happen , I'll keep trying.
Mickey, I want to come home for Christmas.
dd

Woohoo, Scotch!!! Congratulations!!!

And, in my paranoia...I called my resale agent and upped my bid to $83 per point...crazy, I know...but, I REALLY want this contract!!!

Here's the update:

Greenban - waiting on 270 VWL (Aug) points $76 all '03, '04 & '05 intact

Bobbiwoz - passed (mid-Jan) 50 VWL $77 all '05 points intact

leise - passed (1/19, in less than 10 days) 100 OKW $76

Amanda C - passed (mid-Jan) 70 HHI $70 all '05 points intact

Beca - waiting on 150 BCV (Aug) $83 all '05 + 137 '04

Diszip - ROFR'd on 1/20 - 150 VWL (Aug) $75 all '05 + 8 '04 ( Sorry!!)

Scotch - 1) passed (sub. 1st week of Jan)
on 160 BCV (Apr) $78 4 '04, and all '05
- 2) waiting (sub. 1/10) 150 OKW(Mar)
$65 15pts. remaining in '05

Kimber - ROFR'd 50 BCV $73 3 points coming in '05

Tink10 - waiting - 25 BWV (Aug) $78 all '05

Daname - waiting 160 BWV $78 with banked 2004

Thanks for sharing all your "info". If anyone else wants to be added, please post and I will "update" daily.

:wave:

Beca

Cinderpals waiting on this contract:

Here's the one that I changed this morning! most of '04 pts, all '05 pts BWV 200 $77 :cheer2:
Giving it my 'best' shot! :moped: Need to book rooms!

Greenban - waiting on 270 VWL (Aug) points $76 all '03, '04 & '05 intact

Bobbiwoz - passed (mid-Jan) 50 VWL $77 all '05 points intact

leise - passed (1/19, in less than 10 days) 100 OKW $76

Amanda C - passed (mid-Jan) 70 HHI $70 all '05 points intact

Beca - waiting on 150 BCV (Aug) $83 all '05 + 137 '04

Diszip - ROFR'd on 1/20 - 150 VWL (Aug) $75 all '05 + 8 '04 ( Sorry!!)

Scotch - 1) passed (sub. 1st week of Jan)
on 160 BCV (Apr) $78 4 '04, and all '05
- 2) waiting (sub. 1/10) 150 OKW(Mar)
$65 15pts. remaining in '05

Kimber - ROFR'd 50 BCV $73 3 points coming in '05

Tink10 - waiting - 25 BWV (Aug) $78 all '05

Daname - waiting 160 BWV $78 with banked 2004

Cinderpals - waiting BWV 300 '04 pts, all '05 pts

Congrats and Welcome Home!

I spoke with Jason today, he said the seller has not yet heard from Disney and we could, cancel the contract and rebid at $77 or $78. I asked what he would do, and he said he still thinks $76 will pass at VWL. So I'm gonna wait it out.......

-Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter