Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying .Put the closing cost money into the purchase price to bump the pp amount to a more realistic level. Very good idea, thanks. I read somewhere that with a higher point contract Disney offen lets them slide by lower then say a 100 or 150 pointer . But theres no way $80 will fly huh? any other thoughts would really help. Thank you so much,Dan

The lowest priced recent BCV contract that Disney waived ROFR on (that I've seen) was $90 per point and I think that's pushing it. At $80 or even $85 for BCV I'm sure that would be a no brainer for Disney to buy it back. It would have been a great deal. I wished it would have worked for you. Some of the other Disney properties have passed ROFR at $80 yo $85 per point. If your hearts not totally set on BCV check out The Timeshare Store, do your homework, find a different contract that would work for you and you could be hearing "WELCOME HOME" on your next visit to WDW.:thumbsup2

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

deardata,
I concur with others that your chances are extremely slim that $80 or even $85 will get past Disney. $87 might have an outside chance. (My BWV 150 point contract with 76 '05, 150 '06 and 150 '07 just past ROFR at $87 with buyer paying $300 for closing and buyer paying no dues until '08.) Remember that Disney has a waiting list for BCV points, so they can turn right around and sell the points. You have nothing but time to lose by giving this a try, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Your budget constraints may make it necessary for you to consider fewer points or a different home resort. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Congratulations on your closing! :cheer2: When are you going in October? Maybe we'll be there the same time.:)

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

It will be somewhere in between Oct. 12 and the 19th. I'm not sure yet if we will be staying the entire time, or just part of it.

It will be somewhere in between Oct. 12 and the 19th. I'm not sure yet if we will be staying the entire time, or just part of it.

We're going a little earlier. We have rented a BWV studio from another DVC'er for 4 nights starting on the 4th. We were lucky to get that rental and those days because BWV was almost sold out due to the Food and Wine Festival. If we would have waited to close and use our own points we wouldn't have gotten anything at BWV. We will also be there for another week from the 8th-15th and that's what we haven't been able to book yet and are worried about getting a ressie when we're finally in the system.

I'll post what we finally end up with and I'm interested in hearing what you are able to get too.

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

Just a quick update:

Submitted paperwork: 4/10/2007
Passed ROFR: 4/18/2007
Received closing paperwork: 5/3/2007
Returned paperwork: 5/3/2007 fedex overnight
Closed: 5/17/2007

I guess we moved right along...now waiting on Disney to add me to the system:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Congratulations on your quick closing!:banana:

I was thinking:surfweb: Maybe I could offer around $91 pp and if it goes threw
I could rent the 2006 points of 250 and be back around my original purchase of $85 pp right ? or am I so tired:surfweb: Im not thinking strait. Id still have the 250 of 2007 points an beyond, its a march use year so im not to far from getting the 2008 pts also. Maybe that would fly? Thanks for all your help folks !! Any more ideas would really help.!!! Dan

deardata,
The renting plan/$91 sounds like a fine idea to me. Good thinking! You sound like a great potential DVCer to me. Good luck!

Thanks Jean!! The seller is gonna think Im crazy wanting to give him more money.But sounds like its the only way to get it.Thought I had the deal of the century,talking him down $4500:cool1: Well guess I;ll try it, an see what happens,an I will be sure to let ya know how this all pans out

Thanks Jean!! The seller is gonna think Im crazy wanting to give him more money.But sounds like its the only way to get it.Thought I had the deal of the century,talking him down $4500:cool1: Well guess I;ll try it, an see what happens,an I will be sure to let ya know how this all pans out

:thumbsup2 I'm glad to hear you're going for it. I really hope it works out for you. :)
Here's sending you some pixie dust :wizard:
pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

I'm posting in hopes of Murphy Law. We are waiting on the seller to send their closing documents in so I figured if posted on here and complained about it, it will happen. ;)

Went to ROFR: 4/27
Passed ROFR: 5/7
Received Closing Documents: 5/15
Overnighted Closing documents: 5/16
As per e-mail this morning they are waiting on the seller.

I'm posting in hopes of Murphy Law. We are waiting on the seller to send their closing documents in so I figured if posted on here and complained about it, it will happen. ;)

Went to ROFR: 4/27
Passed ROFR: 5/7
Received Closing Documents: 5/15
Overnighted Closing documents: 5/16
As per e-mail this morning they are waiting on the seller.

it took our seller almost a week to send in their signed docs, I like other's am amazed by the delay. Why drag your feet at this point?? this is where they get paid. Hopefully we'll hear something this week

Good Luck

deardata,
The renting plan/$91 sounds like a fine idea to me. Good thinking! You sound like a great potential DVCer to me. Good luck!
Sounds like a plan- I think it would pass at $91 since it is a pretty big contract.
GOOD LUCK!!!!

Disney just snatched up the contract. :sad1: Looks like we start the search again.

SSR 150 pts (Aug), $83/pt, 214 coming 07, seller pays 07 dues, buyer pays closing, non-member

We'll find something to pass ROFR. STRIKE ONE!

Disney just snatched up the contract. :sad1: Looks like we start the search again.

SSR 150 pts (Aug), $83/pt, 214 coming 07, seller pays 07 dues, buyer pays closing, non-member

I'm sorry you didn't get this one. Glad you're going to find another contract right away!:cheer2:

I am sorry and please don't get discouraged. It took us a long time to find the right contract, then it was sold, then we were going to call Disney and TSS called and the contract had fell thru. Strange things happen you will be an owner soon!

All the best, April

We're a little shocked in that we didn't think we'd pass....but we did!:cool1:

WLV $81 a point. 350 points. UY September. 205 - 2006 banked points - 350 points coming on 9/1/07 and 350 points coming on 9/1/08. Buyer pays 2007 dues and closing costs.

I'm thinking we passed because it was a larger contract?? At any rate we're really happy!::woohoo:

Just made it through ROFR :cool1: We started the process May 4th- submitted to Disney May 11th just got news today (May 21st) that we are in! OKW here we come:banana: Plan to close in 28 days:rolleyes1 Can't wait to make that call to MS "I'd like to make a reservation for....":) I guess with resales look for the deal but if it's too good to be true, it's Disney's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter