Anyone NOT like Bonnet Creek?

You have all made some good points. Right now I like the space of the timeshare since our kids are young, we are in the room more and definitely use the laundry and kitchen. I can see how lifeguards and slightly more secure areas would allow kids a little more freedom as they get older. And when they are older we are likely to spend less time in the room so it doesn't have to be big.
I have found the crowds to be very international. Just from what i observed, that crowd seems to smoke more, "party" more and not really care about maintaining a quiet family vibe. Still, the pros still outweigh the cons--for now.
Thanks for sharing your experiences!

I guess its just personal preference. I would rather stay at Bonnet Creek with the extra room and cheaper rates and have my magical moments at the parks, DTD and enjoying the numerous restaurants on and off property. Unless Disney offered me a room in Magic Kingdom in the castle, I'm very happy with Bonnet Creek!:thumbsup2

The deluxe discount!!!!! HA!!!!HA!!!! That's a good one!!! :laughing: Made my night!!!

I know it! :lmao:

This discussion is as old as the boards...onsite versus off site...It really depends on what your family VALUES....so its not something you can say this is better period....It depends on the family.

FOR OUR FAMILY.... The price of a couple of nights at a deluxe you could stay 2 weeks offsite. and WE would have a much more relaxing vacation. Yknow I bought the disney 'magic' angle for years....It took us years to accept, the price, the busses, the "bennies" really didn't add to our vacation. and accept...to us...and for space reasons...its really not that magical ...but I understand it's hard to let go of a place with lots of memories. The bennies of the busses just dont sell it for me....I get around in my rental car faster and with more ease than the busses...AND from someone who actually road the monorails quite frequently in the 80s...they are nothing like they used to be. Walt foresaw them as futuristic trains in the sky....I can say empatically they do not feel so futuristic anymore. Disney has been resting on its laurels far too long. Walt would kick some but if he was around...but alas he is not.

Also - Heck I could record a message and send it to our condo phone with a cute 'wake up call' voice for my kids....and it wouldnt cost me a 2000% markup. Disney is counting on you buying into the magic...

Try it ....offsite....you MIGHT find you like it better than Disney.

We are trying it this summer and our fairly concerned with all the original posters questions as well. A friend of a friend is letting us pay them a discounted price to stay there for 8 days in a 3 bedroom. We are a family of five but we might have another one of our kids' friend tag along so we needed the extra space and the cheaper price. We love Riverside for a moderate and Grand Floridian for a deluxe but have never stayed at a value resort. Only one other time we have stayed outside the park and that was our first trip way back when. Should be interesting.

We are trying it this summer and our fairly concerned with all the original posters questions as well. A friend of a friend is letting us pay them a discounted price to stay there for 8 days in a 3 bedroom. We are a family of five but we might have another one of our kids' friend tag along so we needed the extra space and the cheaper price. We love Riverside for a moderate and Grand Floridian for a deluxe but have never stayed at a value resort. Only one other time we have stayed outside the park and that was our first trip way back when. Should be interesting.

Just be aware that Wyndham has now added a mandatory $12 per day fee for "use of shuttles," whether or not you use the shuttles.

Our first and last stay at BC was in October. We do love staying on-site and when it's just myself and DD traveling I book us at either a monorail resort or POFQ, but when extended family decides to join us we venture off to get more bang for the buck.

The Good:

* For the price you cannot go wrong. Our 2 bedroom cost a little over $800 for the week when we booked with Ken Price / VU.

* While it isn't a Disney resort, it is on Disney property so it felt like we were staying in some hidden deluxe for 1/8 of the cost. Transportation time, especially to EP, was just mere minutes. Keep in mind that's traveling in a car as my aunt who lives in a West Palm Beach suburb joins us on our trips to The World and brings her Lexus SUV.

* The unit size was decent but although it was larger than the 2 bedroom at Sheraton Vistana (where we normally stay if going off-site) it for some reason felt smaller.

The Not So Good:

* While free WDW transportation is included in the price, you cannot bring a stroller on board. Most resorts are crawling with little ones who utilize a stroller (mine still, at 3, does while we're on vacation) and the fact that you can't bring one on the bus isn't mentioned anywhere until you check in. Even then, you have to read the teeny tiny font at the bottom of the bus schedule to learn that. So, unless someone either drove or rented a car they'd be left with 2 options: paying cab fare each day or renting a stroller in the park, both costs that most people don't budget in.

* On the 2nd, 4th and 5th nights of our stay all of us were woken to a pounding on the door. Each and every time it was "maintenance" because "we called about an air condition problem". We never placed such a call and when we called the front desk to see what the issue was we were informed that none of their employees had been dispatched to our room. Needless to say, it scared the crap out of us.

* We initially had a 7-night stay which was extended to 10 because of Sandy and our inability to get a flight out. For a 7-night stay, housekeeping will thoroughly clean the unit on day 4 (I believe) but because we're just neat freaks and germaphobes, we paid an extra $99 (per cleaning) to have housekeeping in every other day. The first time they were supposed to clean, they didn't. I called the front desk and was assured they'd be in the next day. They weren't. I called again and asked to speak with a manager ("not available, call back in the morning"). That morning happened to be the morning of our 2nd scheduled (and free) cleaning. I didn't call because it was the housekeeper's regularly scheduled day. We returned late that evening, the unit wasn't cleaned. I called and demanded a manager, he was located and called me a liar: "I don't believe you. They have schedules and follow them." I then used the ever-so-popular "seeing is believing!" and requested he come look at our unit. He did, 45 minutes later, and grumbled that no housekeeper had been in. He promised a thorough cleaning for the next day. Guess what? It didn't happen! By that time I was so disgusted I called and demanded the housekeeping manager, a lovely woman who actually called us back on her cell phone as she had gone home for the night. She was appalled and said the unit would be cleaned first thing in the morning. Not only was there an 8am "Housekeeping!" knock on the door, but her manager was WITH her and stayed for the duration of the unit being cleaned. She also removed all of the $99 (3) fees from our bill.

You are allowed strollers but they have to be folded up (same policy as disney). I called to confirm this.

Also, I had not been to BC in a few years and I can say the transportation was great!

You are allowed strollers but they have to be folded up (same policy as disney). I called to confirm this.

Also, I had not been to BC in a few years and I can say the transportation was great!

That's a change then. When we were there in October, DD and I were both up VERY early one morning and as I cannot stand to sit around and wait for others I decided that she and I would take the WBC bus to MK and our family could meet up with us whenever they were ready.

DD's stroller is a must on our Disney trips and when the bus driver saw that I had one, he told us that we couldn't get on (it was folded at that time). Keep in mind that I had already read the bus schedule footnotes but thought I'd give it a chance just in case. No such luck. I wound up calling for a taxi to take us to the TTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter