anyone on the wonder 11/21/04?

Tina, I'm with you... there's no way I'd trust shipping my wedding dress down to the hotel. I've seen what various shipping companies can and have done to various packages! The dress is just too precious to let them touch it. I just told DH about it... he agrees with us ;) Heck, we sent out a computer to my sister in law, and when she opened it up, it was practically in pieces! Had to fix it over the phone... was a mess. And that's just a computer!

I like the limo idea! If DH was going to have to go to atlanta and fly down to orlando, I was going to have a limo waiting for him at the airport. But fortunately, that's not a concern! I bet your kids are going to love it!

I need to make some lists tonight.. I know I'll end up forgetting SOMETHING!

becca

Tina - sorry about the all the problems. I have a really bad migrane and an upset stomach. Please let it be the migraine causing the stomach - not the other way around. I'm not packed yet - I can't get the stomach bug now!!!

I already miss Shelley - hope the drive went well. I will update everybody in the morning if its the stomach bug. If you don't hear from me then you can assume its the bug.

Linda

Linda, you sound like you could use a :hug: too! Hopefully it's not a bug, but in the event it is, I pray it's only a 24 hour one! Migraines suck!

becca

Hi all,
Boy will I be happy when this day is over. First my son (thanks for the pixie dust Tina. When I put him to bed he said he was feeling better). Then my Dh was rearended on his way home from work. He's OK but it looks like we may be looking for a new car when we get back from vacation.

Tina- If it was my wedding dress I wouldn't let it go until I got to the resort!

Linda- sending pixie dust your way:wizard:

Jeannine

Jonathan woke up with a sore throat this morning. That's it, I have it. Pixie Pixie work your magic !! Oh please.:) :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: That's for you Linda and Jeannine.

Thank's for backing me up girls. I just keep telling Chuck what your opinions are about the dress. The worse thing that could happen is they can't put the dress on the plane with me and they check it at the gate.............then it lays on top of the luggage and I hope it makes my connecting flight. Well ...........You probaly would read about me in the newspaper because I won't let the dress go in the bottom of the airplane with luggage all over the place in hopes it makes my connection and doesn't fall off the luggage tram. See I still have my sense of humor.:)

Like I said yesterday.........I am packing today. I have so much stuff I just hope I have enough suitcases.:teeth: I hope everyone has a better day today including ME. :sunny: Tina

Linda, Jeannine, Becca,............I just noticed your leaving in 4 days. I leave in 7. How can you do this to me?:mad: First Shelley now the 3 of you? What am I going to do??????? Those are going to be 3 long days for me. Tina

Tina,
I'll still be checking in from the hotel (can't imagine DH NOT bringing our laptop)! Since we're both taking online courses with University of Maryland, we need to make sure none of our teachers spring any surprises! Plus, DH is a closet workaholic. If ship to shore calls weren't so expensive, he'd be checking in with work from the ship!

becca

Thanks for the pixie dust!!! It appears it is just a migraine. It is not completly gone and I was up most of the night but at least its not the bug.

I won't let me husband bring a computer or that is all he would do while we were gone - he is a computer workaholic. Don't get him started talking about them on the cruise or you will never get him to shut up.

Jeannine - so sorry to hear about the car. It is such a horrible feeling but at least there was no injuries.

Tina - I am throwing some pixie dust your way. If anybody is going to get sick - let it be today - not three days from now. Stick to your guns about the dress. Maybe you should call the airline -better than being suprised. Sorry we are leaving you but you will be so busy you won't even notice.

Linda

dress update.........I am a 40 year old woman dressing like Cinderella going to the ball in case you didn't know.:) The dress in the garment bag is 73 inches long and 12 inches thick. I don't remember how wide. The slip is in a seperate plastic bag that has 3 layers to it and it is really think. I am like an onion that could be peeled over and over I will have so many layers !!:teeth: We did call the airlines and were told that they would try to put dress in closet. If they couldn't fit it in they would have to gate check it and it would go underneath with rest of luggage. I gave in after my Mom called and talked with Chuck and me. She works for the airlines and knows what my dress looks like. She doesn't think it will make it on the plane. We went to the ups store with dress and slip in hand. The lady is like:confused: and asks if we can fold the dress in half. I said no...........The ship is limited on there steaming with the dress I want to try and keep it wrinkle free and really don't want to ship it in the first place. I am against the idea. lol She calls the owner and explains the situation. The owner is going to meet me there personally on Monday morning. He is going to package it himself. The dress goes to one place then right in the air. I will be able to track it on line. It will take 2 days to get there. It will cost 285.00 to 300.00. I didn't ask if there was tax. I don't know how we are getting it home. I didn't even ask Chuck. Lol So I brought the dress back home. I will bring it back on Monday. Still look for me in the terminal. You really can't miss me. !! Tina

I ran out of room.........Linda glad you don't have the bug. I won't mention computers around your DH. Chuck will have his laptop with him. I better not catch him working.:mad: Becca sounds like they have something in common.

Tina... was out doing some christmas shopping today and I saw something that I just had to buy for you! :hyper: Now of course, I need to remember to pack it in my day bag so I don't smoosh it ;)

becca

Becca: Aw that was so sweet of you. It's hard to keep a surprise from me. :Pinkbounc :bounce: I am 1/2 packed. I am bringing 6 pairs of shoes.:earseek: Chuck is laughing at me. I really don't have a choice.:) My bed is just covered with "stuff" I did manage to get a pillowcase. Already packed. Tina

*Trying* to remember the stops I need to make to get the meds to cut off the possibility of sea-sickness before it starts (I know I've a problem that has grown over the years, and don't want to find out that the ship's not *quite* stable enough for me to not have a problem... and promised myself I'd get *that* errand done before the 2nd... which didn't work :-/)

And to get the magnetic paper thingy... yeah, school's been taking up *way* too much of my time during the usable day lately...

Ship's in port... on local 6's weather cam right now. One week from today.... (I've hit the point that I'm excited... and I'm feeling like I'm going to go nuts trying to manage to coordinate the laundry, packing and all for us this week... and not forget anything that would be a problem...)

Just thought I would pass along something I read on a Navigator- Scoops closes at 3:30 and opens back up at 4:30. We can still meet there but don't promise the kids ice cream in case they don't open before we go to the sail away party. Can't wait to meet you all. I can't believe how low my counter is getting. Gotta go shop & pack.

Linda
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave: princess:

Less than one week!!!!!

Liz,

Have you ever tried the sea bands for the prevention of sea sick? I first tried a few years back and I'm glad I did. That way you can stay away from the medications.

Today I put just about everything out on a bed, Ethel will try to do hers during the week. DD is expected to arrive home noontime on Friday, the laundry will be busy and then figure out how to fit her belongings in. I try to go light, too many times we've carried stuff only to bring it home without using it.

We designed the door sign, don't like how the colors are looking on the home printer, will try tomorrow on the quality one in the office.

Thought about trying sea bands a few years back for carsickness (thankfully I only get carsick as a passenger, but...). However, I've never had the pressure points work for avoiding or stopping the queasiness, so I'm guessing that the bands wouldn't work for me.

:-)) got the Dramamine, something to hold the paperwork all in one place (and tickets and other trip papers), and a few magnets to hold a small sign up (decided I wasn't going to spend $12 on 4 sheets of the magnetic stuff if I didn't need that much)

So all I have to do is keep up with the laundry so I can pack in a few days... and get out from under the boatload of stuff I need to do for my class before leaving (actually, doing it, rather than ignoring it like I wish I could... I'm starting to remember what bits I disliked about school before :-)

Becca: I am counting you down.........one day left yeah:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: I guess I will be here to send everyone off.:( Tina

Have a safe trip down. I will be looking for the auburn hair.

I woke up this morning and felt nervous. Why am I nervous I should be excited! Packing is taking longer than I thought it would. I'm either adding to or taking stuff out of the suitcases.I should just zip them up and be done with it. I know I've packed more than I need.

We're going to try the sea-sickness patches and incase anyone has some bad side effects form those I've got Bonine.

Jeannine

Jeannine: I know what you mean about the packing thing. I am in the same :boat: as you. Sorry couldn't help it. lol I also got the patches. I am going to try and not wear all the time because your not suppose to drink while using the patch.

Linda: Your counter goes down to one day in 30 min. so here is your send off celebration.:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Have a good flight. Look for me in the terminal. Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter