Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

Sooooo...I got a mailer the other day- can someone clarify this for me? It says I get All Access for 12 months for 4.99 per month- then after that time renews every month thereafter at 16.99/month. Would I be signing a 1 year,or 2 year contract with this offer? And how much extra are taxes on top of that $4.99? Also- would this mean I can listen to any of the stations on my phone app, on computer,or on car radio equally? Thanks....

Sooooo...I got a mailer the other day- can someone clarify this for me? It says I get All Access for 12 months for 4.99 per month- then after that time renews every month thereafter at 16.99/month. Would I be signing a 1 year,or 2 year contract with this offer? And how much extra are taxes on top of that $4.99? Also- would this mean I can listen to any of the stations on my phone app, on computer,or on car radio equally? Thanks....
I don't think they really have contracts, no matter what you sign up for. Even when I've pre-paid for 6 months, they've issued a prorated refund when I changed plans. The latest $4.99/month deal seems to be just that; they charge you $4.99 each month. I imagine you can cancel it at any time.

that's about the same price i pay for my sirius package-no taxes but there's a u.s. music royalty fee that adds about another $7 per 6 months. i only do 6 month to 1 year memberships b/c they are always offering good deals but in either case i NEVER pay with a credit card b/c i don't want them to be able to do an auto renewal at whatever the crazy higher price is after the current offer i'm under ends. i also set up a reminder to myself for the month before my current contract ends to do a call and say i'm canceling so i can get another good offer (and it used to take talking to multiple people but now their system is set up to auto recognizance you are near contract's end and offering to renew at whatever the best offer is).

I just renewed online last Wednesday . I had the select 12 month deal that was to renew on Thursday. I clicked to cancel subscription, got a page of options for why I was cancelling. I clicked too expensive. Offered to show other plans but had to chat with an agent. Agent came on, I said I would keep the service if I could keep the same rate. He offered next higher tier which includes Howard Stern channels for about $110 per year. I declined & said I want just the tier & rate I had. No problem, he renewed at $5/ month, so $60 with included fees it was $72 something. And yes, you can listen from other devices. And no contract.

Last edited:
I just renewed online last Wednesday . I had the all access 12 month deal that was to renew on Thursday. I clicked to cancel subscription, got a page of options for why I was cancelling. I clicked too expensive. Offered to show other plans but had to chat with an agent. Agent came on, I said I would keep the service if I could keep the same rate. He offered next higher tier which includes Howard Stern channels for about $110 per year. I declined & said I want just the tier & rate I had. No problem, he renewed at $5/ month, so $60 with included fees it was $77 something. And yes, you can listen from other devices. And no contract.

interesting. the phone system no longer makes you talk to anyone to do this song and dance. an autobot recognizes you from your phone number and the first option is 'are you calling to cancel? if so i can offer to renew your subscription for....". then you either pick to renew or pick to go ahead with the cancel.

interesting. the phone system no longer makes you talk to anyone to do this song and dance. an autobot recognizes you from your phone number and the first option is 'are you calling to cancel? if so i can offer to renew your subscription for....". then you either pick to renew or pick to go ahead with the cancel.

Wow that’s good to know. My DH had the next tier up which finished last month. He didn’t tell me it was renewing so now he’s paying $23/ month. I told him I’ll be going online when the month is up to change him to the $5 month plan I have. He doesn’t listen to the other stations on the more expensive plan anyway. Maybe I’ll try calling instead of online. Thanks

Are people getting XM All Access for $5/month? I currently have and have had for several years XM Select (a tier lower) for $5/month so if I can get All Access, I'll definitely ask about it.

Are people getting XM All Access for $5/month? I currently have and have had for several years XM Select (a tier lower) for $5/month so if I can get All Access, I'll definitely ask about it.

I’m sorry, I just checked my account. I have Select, not all access..
$5 / month. My DH has all access & is paying $23/ month. My mistake in the names of the packages. However, the Select does allow listening on other devices & all stations Except Howard Stern, MLB, NASCAR, NFL & Pandora. We don’t listen to those stations at all, so Select is fine for us. Especially at $5/month, lol.

all great info! Can you explain the difference between select and all access?

all great info! Can you explain the difference between select and all access?

All access has the same stations as select PLUS MLB, NFL, NASCAR & 2 Howard Stern stations. Plus Pandora, which I don’t fully understand but something about you can select your own favorite music. The undiscounted price for Select is $17/ month. All access is $23 / month. Those are the biggest differences I saw. Google will bring up comparisons.

Sirius XM yeah its expensive but when you have a 1 hour MINIMUM commute, well at least in my mind it's worth it, For those who have it channel 302 is now Disney music everything from Mary Poppins, to music from the kids shows and even Grim Grinning Ghosts as the last tune I heard before coming into the office, Sometime they have pirate hours you name it it's there.

All Access has live games and and Howard Stern, neither of which interest me, Wife's car has all access because she's a rabid red sox fan.

Our current plan expires on Friday. I will be calling Wed or Thursday, before they bill our cc, to start the process up again. I wish they'd just offer it at a reasonable price instead of playing this game every year. I guess it's worth it to them if some people don't pay attention and keep on paying the higher rate.

Our current plan expires on Friday. I will be calling Wed or Thursday, before they bill our cc, to start the process up again. I wish they'd just offer it at a reasonable price instead of playing this game every year. I guess it's worth it to them if some people don't pay attention and keep on paying the higher rate.

I'm guilty of paying full price but hey for long road trips and my 2 hour daily commute commercial free music and news is worth it, especially like the fact it has the BBC (the beeb) for news. US media way too biased to take seriously

I want to get this plan. Is their a way that they can Bill you so I can send in a check? I don't want to give them my credit card.

I'm guilty of paying full price but hey for long road trips and my 2 hour daily commute commercial free music and news is worth it, especially like the fact it has the BBC (the beeb) for news. US media way too biased to take seriously

I only drive 2.7 miles to the train station to get to work but i still like it on the weekends or driving to the shore too. For a long commute like yours, for sure it’s worth it.
Still, no need to pay full price if they're willing to haggle.
BBC has become biased lately too. Not as bad as some others.

I want to get this plan. Is their a way that they can Bill you so I can send in a check? I don't want to give them my credit card.

most credit cards will allow you to generate a ‘one time number’ basically a credit card number which only works once, So the person taking payment does not have your real CC number

I only drive 2.7 miles to the train station to get to work but i still like it on the weekends or driving to the shore too. For a long commute like yours, for sure it’s worth it.

my time is valuable an hour on the phone if it saves more than i can earn in an hour its worth it otherwise no.

Still wish for the old shortwave broadcasts ‘This is London Calling” .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter