Anyone run at Wilderness Lodge recently?

RuntheMouse

DIS Veteran
I’m going to WL for 2 days soon and am shuffling my run schedule a bit but the best I can do is still having a 4 mile run while I’m there. I would really and I mean really like to avoid the dreadmill. I know the “run path” is shown as .5 miles but can I get to at least a mile running a loop by the cabins so I only have to do 4 laps? I’d hate to be the crazy lady running in circles early in the morning!

Thanks for any info!

They just reopened the boat that loops the lodge, campground and Contemporary so that may be an option for getting to the campground for a longer course.

They just reopened the boat that loops the lodge, campground and Contemporary so that may be an option for getting to the campground for a longer course.
Didn’t think about the fort! Too bad it doesn’t run until 3, this northern girl is a morning runner!
you can also take a bus from the lodge to the campground. You will have no problem running 4 miles in the campground. You will also see quite a few sites decorated for halloween. It is a good time for running the camping loops.

The boat doesn't start until 3pm. Bus is the option to get to FW in the AM, but I'm not sure how early it starts.
I’ll have to see if I can find out what time the bus starts running. I might do my 7 there instead if I can actually get over there early enough. Good idea!

I’ll have to see if I can find out what time the bus starts running. I might do my 7 there instead if I can actually get over there early enough. Good idea!
The bus from Wilderness Lodge to the fort and back is one of the Fort internal bus route. It might run 24 hours. That being said i would be pretty certain that bus would start as early as 7 and maybe earlier. I stay at the campground a lot but don't normally take the internal bus. It was nice when the exercise trail was open. i used to run to the lodge. i can ask over on the camping boards if they know when the bus starts if you think you would need it earlier than 7.

The bus from Wilderness Lodge to the fort and back is one of the Fort internal bus route. It might run 24 hours. That being said i would be pretty certain that bus would start as early as 7 and maybe earlier. I stay at the campground a lot but don't normally take the internal bus. It was nice when the exercise trail was open. i used to run to the lodge. i can ask over on the camping boards if they know when the bus starts if you think you would need it earlier than 7.
I too miss the exercise trail! Ideally I would go earlier than 7 if it is an option, so that would be great if you could ask. I appreciate the offer! I really like this idea of running over there, it would be new for me.

I almost booked this quick trip at Saratoga just for the running path. MW is controlling my life!

Here is the Strava heat map from WL to FtW:

1696546212625.png

You can pretty easily run from WL to FtW and make it a single 4 mile loop unless something here is closed I'm not aware of.

The part of the path that goes between the lodge and campground has been closed, sadly. This is the official info from the WDW site on what trails are available (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/jogging/), which basically is the campground.

View attachment 799727
They removed WL completely from that list. 😡 I know the trail ended up being cut to .5 miles but jeez. If I can’t make the timing work to go the the fort, I may have to jump on that **** dreadmill.

They removed WL completely from that list. 😡 I know the trail ended up being cut to .5 miles but jeez. If I can’t make the timing work to go the the fort, I may have to jump on that **** dreadmill.

Just because it isn't on the official list doesn't mean you can't run there. As long as it is open to guests, you could still use it, dependent on individual security cast.

We were there this summer, and indeed the closing of the connecting trail forces you to walk/run on roads, not paths, with service vehicles and a portion of the parking lot. As we walked along the service road portion, we were actually stopped by a nice CM who asked if we knew where we were going (yes). So it's not very conducive to walking/running, unfortunately. Hoping they open the trail up again soon. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Not ideal, or scenic, but I do the parking lot and then big loop around the lodge going by the cabins and BRV once or twice.

When I do the parking lot, I go up and down each row, then back the other way. Early in the morning, there is hardly any traffic and half the lot is empty anyway. I can usually get 3-5 miles in that way. Again, not a fun run, but it gets the job done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter