Anyone stayed at Saratoga Springs Resort?

CALNEVA DISNEYFANS

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed at SSR? We leave in 5 days and haven't seen much about it. Just curious if anyone has stayed and what your experience is. Any pics would be great too!

Saratoga Springs is a Disney Vacation Club resort, you will get more info about guest visits and photos on the DVC forum. :flower:

It is a beautiful resort with a great location to downtown disney. We had a view of downtown and it was beautiful at night. The pool is great with a great slide. I have a picture of the studio we stayed in. We enjoyed it very much:

IMGP2587.jpg

and here is a view from our balcony:

IMGP2585.jpg

We loved it.

I think I am in the minority, but DH and I didn't like it. Nothing, terrible. It is a beautiful resort, but just not our style. We did however love the pool. You can check out our photos and trip reports at

http://www.thegottafamily.com/tripreportsapr05.htm (click on pictures at the top.)

We stayed there in June and we loved it so much we are headed there again in December. We aren't DVC members, but we're renting points - so we're actually staying in a Saratoga Springs Studio for about what we would pay for a room at the All Stars or Pop! Gotta love that!

Here are some of the things we loved:

The pool area is great! My 2 year old adored the zero entry area and the Donald play fountain.

We like the counter service restaurant - Artist's Palette. We liked that they had more unusual choices - great flatbreads, soups, etc. We aren't really into the usual burgers and chicken strips.

The rooms were beautiful. Everything was nice and new.

The playground areas were the nicest I've seen at Disney World - other than at Coronado Springs. They have these great little playhouse type things. DS loved them!

We enjoyed the walk to Downtown Disney, and the boat ride. We spent our days in the parks, came home for a rest and a swim, and then most nights we headed over to DD for dinner, shopping, etc.

We thought the bus service was great! No complaints at all.

My little boy also loved the carousel horse theme in the lobby. He's into horses right now.

Overall, we loved our experience and had no complaints. We're looking forward to being there again in a few months! Can't wait to see it decked out for Christmas!

We have only spent one short night at SSR but did enjoy the resort very much. I had previously used the Spa there and highly recommend it. The resort is lovely and new which makes for a pleasant experience as well.

We will be spending two nights there in November prior to checking in at BWV so we will have more to report at that time.

We just got back from a week at SSR, and I must say, we enjoyed it very much! My children also loved the zero entry pool and the playgrounds were absolutely wonderful. There was also a lot of "wildlife" that kept my kids fascinated for hours. We would feed the ducks, feed the swan, we went out at night looking for small turtles and frogs and would watch them scamper across the footpaths.

I think all three sections of SSR are great locations depending on what you want. We stayed at the Springs section and were thrilled with our location, just steps from from the main pool and the carriage house. I know others have been thrilled with the Congress Park section because of the beautiful view of Downtown Disney and the closest proximity to walking to DD. Others have enjoyed the quiet pool and playground at the Paddock section. So really, there is a treat no matter where you stay.

I found it incredibly quiet, which was really nice. I can't wait to go back, and I just got back yesterday!
:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter