Anyone tried exchanges at Aruba resorts?

treloarf

DIS Veteran
Just curious - a lot of people I know have been going to Aruba and loving it. I see that there are 5 exchanges thru RCI and was wondering if anyone has traded for them? Plus, just a general question about exchanging with RCI, how can you get more info on the resorts Disney has listed in the Member's guide?

Disney no longer uses RCI, they now use Interval International (II) and have for about 6 years. There has been a fair amount written about the II options in general, do searches for things like exchanges, II, and the like. Aruba will be an easy trade for summer and a difficult one for Christmas through Easter. Also 2 BR units are almost non existent. Look for a direct exchange. Try Timeshare Users Group (TUG) where there is invaluable info. A years membership is $15 then renewals are $10 and include a free classified ad. They have rankings, reviews, BBS, Historical sales database, direct exchange adds, FAQ and a host of additional info. Tell them I sent you, deandal@bigfoot.com.

When we actually bought our DVC we put our Aruba Timeshare up for sale for cheap money at the Aruba Beach Club. Take a look at the TUG website as our listing is listed. Might be worth purchasing and having for the rest of your lives and your kids. I think we posted our studio, in Red time zone, for $2000. Good luck!

One could use the Aruba Beach Club for exchanges. Though it's listed with both II and RCI, it will likely exchange better with RCI if deposited at least a year out. Even though it's a studio, it exchanges for four which is a plus. Some one around here that wants to have a property for exchanges couldn't go wrong. The price is a fair one, though some are cheaper still for summer Aruba. I wouldn't sell my 1 BR La Cabana (5*) units for that price and I have them listed for sale.

I own a 1 BR unit in Aruba at the Sonesta Suites right in Oranjestadt. It also is a 5-star Interval International Resort. I love Aruba, but I have been using it the past few years to trade to closer resorts. I have always gotten a 2 BR or 3BR unit at good resorts here in the States for it (3BR unit at Westgate Lakes in Orlando). What I like best about the Aruba Sonesta Suites is the private island (Sonesta Island) that guests of Sonesta Suites and Resort have exclusive access. I'll go back there sometime, but right now am just content on trading it for places here in the U.S.

Bart

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter