Anyone up for a little smoke...

NHMickey

<font color=red>I'm A Disneyana Collector!<font co
A shot out my hotel room at the swan at 8am this morning...
smoke.jpg

The parking lot at MGM
smoke1.jpg

The Hat inside MGM
smoke2.jpg

That is not fog!!!

Untill this morning I didn't even know there was a fire except for a little ash in the air last night but I thiught that was from the fireworks or something.

It gets worse down here everyday. On our way home from WDW yesterday, passed a fire in the median... must have been lit by a cigarette. They are using reclaimed water to water along the highways to try to prevent that, but it's still very bad. :( I typically drive through smoke a couple days a week.

Dar :bounce:

Whoa! This is so bad! I hope they are able to get these fires under control soon!

Is there an alert for those with asthma or breathing issues? Can you imagine going to WDW and not being able to leave your room because of smoke?

Wow.. I'm getting a little worried now. I really don't have much of an immune system left due to my medications I'm on.. I've been known to get respiratory infections at the drop of a hat. I hope things clear up before I'm there next week :earseek:

There have been health alerts pretty much constantly. They hardly talk about it anymore.. It's kind of like during the rainy season.. just be prepared for it, just in case.

Dar

That is awfull! I would be inside my hotel all day trying to keep my asthma in check!

BTW, thanks for the picture of the new MGM icon. I hadn't seen it yet. I like the jaunty tilt!:D

How miserable. I too would be in my room Diane.. Count me in the Asthma club.

Oh that is dreadful. It must be impossible to be in the parks when there is that much smoke.

Katholyn

Oh my gosh, thats awful!! I was so dissapointed that i my trip ended the sunday just before the big pin event but now after seeing that I think it was for the best. Hope it gets better for the local folks!!

It actually changes on a day-to-day basis. For example, Wednesday, WDW was clear, Thursday it wasn't. With the way the winds change, it could be clear again today and smoky over Tampa (which it actually was). It's so hard to tell where all the fires are because of that. I think there are some in Polk Co., northern Hillsborough Co. (SunCoast Pkwy was closed), Sarasota. That's all I know of for west central FL.

Dar :bounce:

boy....I was there on this wed!!!! with all my problems........gee...I am glad I lefft when we did or I would have been in REAL trouble!!!!!!

:( If my son and I were down there now we would be stuck in the room even if that would work :(

In June we had some trouble and it wasn't nearly that bad ;(

Wow! I feel sorry for anyone down there who has a respiratory problem!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter