Anyone up for a Mythos meal meet on 7/20 (update 7/9 -- date changed to 7/19)

Originally posted by Barry Hom

Nope, just your husband. :)

I'll bring the feather boa.

Mr. Vicky is a real Guido. He won't be wearing sequins and high heels. Just say "How U Doin" to him and you'll fit right in.

Mrs. Vicky tries to convince Mr. Vicky that dinner with Barry is safe. . .

tony_06_ft.gif

;)

:)

OK, I will leave the pork brains at home. :)

If Mr. Vickylan is a Guido, then he will fit right into South Florida. The predominant accent down here is not a Southern drawl, but...believe it or not...Brooklyn! I know so many people that have moved from the North down to Florida to escape the snow! I even worked with some people who had a thick New Jersey accent. I thought I fell into Toxic Acres! :)

Pardon me for eavesdropping. Vicky, I know how Barry loves all things pork - may I suggest a hospitality basket of

fdb0b085.jpg

and

fdb0b086.jpg

Ok, I hear there are funny hats being passed out somewhere at CityWalk? Where? I want one! :( Though Im sure they cant compare to the ones I saw last nite when I was there! :eek:

Buggin'
Amber

Buggin, my husband was there night before last. He's going to be bringing me home one of those funny hats.

I cannot make this meet :( I will be at the MK for E-night!

(E-night is from 10pm-1am...hinting that you all should meet me there after dinner ;) )
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I survived the "Barry Meet."

I arrived at Universal around 3 pm and Barry and I decided to play "cell-phone tag" while we tried to meet up with eachother. Since he was getting my voice-mail and vice versa, I just showed up outside of MIB early. My son was so excited to meet Barry. I told him to look for a celebrity wearing a feather boa.

A lovely young man named Tim approached my family and asked if we were there for the Barry meet. Tim is a new DIS'er and decided to join us. I regret I do not recall Tim's user ID (he "hangs out" on the Universal board) but he was a delightful individual. A few others joined us. We just needed the "Big Guy."

The anticipation was building and a tall figure with dark MIB type glasses approached us. GASP. This was the infamous "Mr. Hom." I greeted the "Big Kahuna" with gifts: A blue furry "funny hat" with a boingy ball on it, a can of Octopus, and a can of Squid in Ink Sauce. Mr. Hom thanked me for my gifts and decided to not feed me to Jaws. He chose to refrain from chowing down on the delightful treats I provided. He wanted to save room for our meal at Mythos. He put the "funny hat" on briefly so we could laugh, and we headed off for the MIB shoot-out.

Barry was staying on-site at the Royal Pacific Hotel, so he had FOTL access. We whizzed, past the long waiting lines, and got right on MIB. My son was thoroughly impressed and thought Barry was a VERY IMPORTANT PERSON. DS came in last place in scoring and started to panic. He heard the loser would be served "Canned Pork Brains in Milk." Barry told him he forgot to bring a can of it, so he was off the hook.

We proceeded over to IOA, rode a few more rides, and headed off to Mythos for dinner. Ms. Disney and MIB9999 (the recently engaged couple) joined the group for dinner (I guess they were afraid to join the MIB shoot-out and being served Pork Brains). We had a wonderful dinner (sans the pork brains) and then we enjoyed the fireworks.

Thank you again Barry for arranging this meet. My son spoke about you for days to anyone who would listen. We had a fabulous time and we enjoyed meeting so many other wonderful DIS'ers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter