Anyone with experience using the FL Visitor Toll Pass?

Paradise18

DIS Veteran
I’m considering using this for our upcoming trip as we’ll have a rental car and plan to do some things off Disney as well. Has anyone used this before? Is the kiosk difficult to locate? We’ll be landing on the B side and I understand the kiosk is currently only located on the A side.

We have used it twice. Absolutely recommend it. Not hard to locate pick up or drop off, very easy to use, and saves you money and stress when dealing with tolls. Just hang it and forget it. Drop it off at end of your trip. The app is great as well. Easy to keep track of tolls you have been billed for.

I went online to the Florida toll website (I forget why it’s actually called, you can Google it) and got a temporary one for the windshield, it was mailed to me before my trip. It was more of a sticker than the transponder and I was able to preload it. Had zero issues on any toll roads and didn’t have to go look for the airport kiosk/desk location. You may have to go to the website and enter the vehicle information once you get your rental. It was really easy and one less line!

Last edited:
Have used the FL Visitor Toll Pass on multiple trips ever since it came to existence. Pick up is easy. We just get our luggage first on B side then go over to A side to get the Toll Pass and car rental. They have drop off containers on B side - so you can go there when you return.

Just make sure you remember to drop off. It’s $10 I believe if you forget.

Yep, very easy to use. There's like a vending machine that you pick it up from, you use it, you drop in the bin when you're back at the airport. Very convenient.

Reviving this as we are thinking of using it in January. We fly into terminal B. How complicated is it to get the pass before we get the car? We will have bags to collect. I can't really remember the layout of MCO.

Thanks!

Last edited:

You’re in luck because the pickup for the Toll Pass is in Terminal A. Just get your bags, then pick up the pass before going to your car.

When flying into Terminal B, we sometimes go to A first to get the pass, before going back to B for the bags, since there is a bit of a wait.

You’re in luck because the pickup for the Toll Pass is in Terminal A. Just get your bags, then pick up the pass before going to your car.

When flying into Terminal B, we sometimes go to A first to get the pass, before going back to B for the bags, since there is a bit of a wait.
Nope, I made a mistake. We are headed into terminal B 🤦🏻‍♀️.

Good to know we can go grab it on the way to bags.....I couldn't remember how the layout works or if that made sense. Thank you!

You cross between terminals on the departures level. It saves having to drag your bags from B to A if you get the pass first at A.

I applied for the Sunpass transponder and couldn’t be happier. I just preload $20 and when it gets low, you get a reminder that it is getting topped up via the cc that is on your Sunpass account. When I get my rental car paperwork done at the counter, the agreement has my cars license plate number on it and I use the airports internet to sign in to my Sunpass account and enter the license plate number on and away I go. You must remove the license plate number from your account after you return your car. We use the turnpike to go from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale so we like to have it looked after with enough money that won’t run out

I applied for the Sunpass transponder and couldn’t be happier. I just preload $20 and when it gets low, you get a reminder that it is getting topped up via the cc that is on your Sunpass account. When I get my rental car paperwork done at the counter, the agreement has my cars license plate number on it and I use the airports internet to sign in to my Sunpass account and enter the license plate number on and away I go. You must remove the license plate number from your account after you return your car. We use the turnpike to go from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale so we like to have it looked after with enough money that won’t run out
Now I take my MA transponder with me to FL, it works on all the tolls in the Disney area. I do what you do, when I get to MCO and my rental, I log into my account and I can change the vehicle to a rental and enter the new plate number. I just have to remember to remove it when I return the car. I usually tack a bright pink sticky note on the dash and set a reminder on my phone so I don't forget! I used to buy the temporary pass (as you can see from my September post), but now that I know all toll roads will accept my transponder, I used it on my most recent trip.

Just coming back to update our experience using the toll pass. It was incredibly easy. The app would update quickly after passing through a toll. Returning it was simple, just dropped it into the marked return box. Received the refund for the hold they place on the credit card in case it isn’t returned. Would use this again without any hesitation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter