Anyone won the DVC membership yet?

Is that good for a couple of nights in February, a whole week in May, or what? Just looking for a general idea.

Is that good for a couple of nights in February, a whole week in May, or what? Just looking for a general idea.

It depends, let's say in February, one night would be 16 points. In May, that same room may be 12 points per nite. Weekends are more points. A studio is less points than a 3 bedroom

So how does this DVC prize work? It says Saratoga Springs or another DVC resort valued at 220 points. Does that mean I need to pick one resort, or can I use some points at one, and some at another.

Can I use these at places like the polynesian?

I had a dream last night that I won the DVC membership....boy, was I mad when I woke up and realized that it didn't happen! LOL :lmao:

Out of all the prizes DVC would be our dream come true. Sure wish we were eligible. Free vacations for 47 years, incredible! You could use them at WDW, DL, all over the world or even DCL. How cool would that be?!?! Goodluck everyone!

So how does this DVC prize work? It says Saratoga Springs or another DVC resort valued at 220 points. Does that mean I need to pick one resort, or can I use some points at one, and some at another.

You could use your points however you wanted, but only at a DVC resort (Poly is not one of those). If they gave you Saratoga Springs Resort, it would be considered your home resort and you could make reservations there 11 months in advance, or at any other Disney DVC resort 7 months in advance. According to the points chart at the DVC forum on this Board, a week in a 1-bedroom unit at Saratoga Springs would cost you 182 points during Adventure (lowest) season, 194 points in Choice season, 225 points in Dream season, 243 points in Magic season, and 316 points in Dream season (spring break and Christmas-New Year week). So, it depends on what time of year you go, how big a room you need, and which resort you stay at. Old Key West requires less points per night, Yacht & Beach Club require more.

I ordered the free DVD about the Disney Vacation Club, and they not only sent a DVD and booklet, but a beautiful, large, hard-cover book with gorgeous pictures of all the DVC resorts, room layouts, and chart points for each resort. Free!

The person that just won @ DL probably got SSR as the resort is not sold out yet. Depending on when the next membership is given away, it could still be SSR or possibly AKV.

Wherever your membership is at, you can use the points at any DVC location...you just have to wait to book 7 mos out for a non-home resort vs. 11 for your home resort.

Yes, you can also use DVC points for the Poly -- but your points don't go as far as they would using them at a DVC resort.

Yes, you can also use DVC points for the Poly -- but your points don't go as far as they would using them at a DVC resort.

I stand corrected. I didn't realize you could use points at a non-DVC resort. Obviously I still have a lot to learn about DVC, but I'm doing my homework and learning all I can, in case I can ever talk DH into investing. ;)

If you win the DVC membership, just be ready to open your wallet and pay those
yearly dues and maintenance fees. OUCH!:scared1:

According to the contest rules, Disney pays your MF for the life of your DVC. Cool, huh?

"Three (3) Membership in the Disney Vacation Club prizes are available: Membership in the Disney Vacation Club includes a Vacation Ownership leasehold condominium interest in Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa or another Disney Vacation Club resort as Sponsor shall select, represented by 220 vacation points, together with associated benefits, rights, rules, regulations, privileges and responsibilities, and payment of annual dues and exchange fees... Approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize: US $83,701, which includes (i) the conveyance of a real estate interest in Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa or other Disney Vacation Club Resort chosen by Sponsor represented by 220 vacation points at the current membership price of US$22,220; and (ii) the payment of all annual dues (excluding any special assessments) during the time that the winner owns the real estate interest, which has an estimated value of US$35,559 (based upon the 2006 annual dues of US$3.98 per Vacation Point, escalated at 5% per year and discounted at 5.6%, the current Applicable Federal Rate, over 48 years); and (iii) any exchange fees incurred by the winner during the time that the winner owns the real estate interest, in exchanging, from time to time, the winner's vacation points for other vacation destinations, which has an estimated value of US$812 (assuming the winner exchanges vacation points every three years and a current exchange fee of US$95 escalated at 2.43% per year and discounted at 5.6%, the current Applicable Federal Rate, over 48 years); and (iv) a cash prize equal to US$25,110 to help defray payment of taxes payable as a result of winning the prize. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability."

id love to win this, were looking at buying into dvc as me and dh are disney nuts and be a dream to go whenever we wanted, each year without wait a couple of years before our next trip

I ordered the free DVD about the Disney Vacation Club, and they not only sent a DVD and booklet, but a beautiful, large, hard-cover book with gorgeous pictures of all the DVC resorts, room layouts, and chart points for each resort. Free!

We have the same hard-cover book...it is awesome. I love just flipping through at the pictures. If I had a coffee table, it would definitely reside on top!!:goodvibes

I definitely would want the DVC prize!!!!

It is a tough question...which to take.
Still tough for me and my daughter won the Suite last week.
It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still.....50 years of Disney........?????????????

That would be wonderful!! I would love to have a DVC! I would love to buy one but they are to pricey for me.:)

But....I would take any of the prizes they would like to give to me!:)

I own a DVC membership, and hand's down would take the DVC prize over Cinderella's Castle any day. With DVC we can make once-in-a-lifetime memories every year! It's been the best thing we've ever done. Yes, it's pricey as all get out, but over 50 years, it more than covers itself. We joke around that we "own the doorknob" of our unit. To have all those points, and fees, paid for us? Yup, hand's down.

(oh, and hey, if you do buy one and they ask if anyone referred you, be sure to use my name! lol)

The DVC Membership hands down is my pick. Yeah I'd love to stay at the castle but the DVC is worth so much more. A good friend of mine (who used to be a character at MGM Studios), her in-laws own a DVC membership and they would use it frequently as their son, my friend's husband was also employed by WDW. They've kept it and this past February took the family on a trip to do the WDW/cruise trip. They love it. Friends MIL even has an Eeyore tatoo since her son was Eeyore quite frequently at WDW when he worked there.

Maybe one of these days we'll be able to afford it because I would love to be able to go more often.

Maybe it will be given out Xmas day! what a wonderful gift that would be !

;) :lmao: I will post pics when they give me that Xmas day at the park!:rotfl2: :lmao: ;)

i think its going to be given out on october 14th when we check into SSR...I cant wait to get it!!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter