AP Discount:Need advice

TammyAlphabet

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Life Member - "excl
I am planning on three trips in 2006: May, October and December. I want to buy annual passes with the DVC discount. Now, should I buy them now, knowing that the discount is available? Or, would it be safe to wait and assume the discount will be available after 12/31/2005? I think I know the answer (buy now) but I really should wait so I can pay cash instead of a credit card. What do you guys think?

I think the AP discount will continue into 2006. It is a popular program, and I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of the compaints if they discontinue it after only one year.

At least wait until after the annual condo meetings, if they plan to make major changes they are usually announced then.

That is a good idea to wait for the condo meetings, I didn't think of that! I guess they usually give us at least a little warning that the perk is ending, don't they?

If you buy your vouchers now you would avoid any January price increase, and be sure of getting the discount.

I agree with Bill, I would buy before the end of the year, there may be a price increase 1/1/06.

Right buy now. Not only will you be guaranteed the discount but you will avoid any price increases that will take place probably at the beginning of the year!

Thanks, that sounds like sound advice, if only I had the cash now. I probably do need to buy before the end of the year. Thanks everybody. :flower:

Do you think if we purchased the vouchers by the end of this year, we could redeem them in late Jan 2007?

I don't know how long they give you to activate them - i would check. In response to the last poster.

Buy now, or later - if you have the cash now, I would buy now. But, as you say, you don't have the cash now, and Christmas is coming up, so I would wait. Hopefully they won't take that incentive away, as it is a great one, but even if there are price increases in January - it doesn't make sense to buy now when you don't have the cash.

walter said:
Do you think if we purchased the vouchers by the end of this year, we could redeem them in late Jan 2007?
Yes. The vouchers do not expire.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter