AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

I looked at resort prices for Thanksgiving (no discount) and December, before Christmas (with discount). The prices for deluxes were crazy absurd. I tell myself, surely people are not going to pay $800/night for a room at AKL (with taxes), that doesn't even include a third bed/sofabed, or breakfast? We're not talking luxury here!
Yeah, those prices are nuts. Still, people obviously pay it. I mean, I have friends going this month who haven't been since 2014 and likely won't be back anytime soon and they were perfectly happy paying rack rate at Yacht because it's where they wanted to be. Me, someone who goes three to four times per year, no friggin' way. We all have our limits, I guess! I don't even want to pay the rack rate at Movies!

Yeah, those prices are nuts. Still, people obviously pay it. I mean, I have friends going this month who haven't been since 2014 and likely won't be back anytime soon and they were perfectly happy paying rack rate at Yacht because it's where they wanted to be. Me, someone who goes three to four times per year, no friggin' way. We all have our limits, I guess! I don't even want to pay the rack rate at Movies!

And, forgot to mention, like you I had thought that Disney's strategy was to make the rack rates so high that even with a discount, revenue would be higher than without a discount. So, give us the impression we're getting a deal, but still pay more than we had in the past. That's what it appeared they were heading right before COVID.

And, forgot to mention, like you I had thought that Disney's strategy was to make the rack rates so high that even with a discount, revenue would be higher than without a discount. So, give us the impression we're getting a deal, but still pay more than we had in the past. That's what it appeared they were heading right before COVID.
100%! Seems they've abandoned that strategy. Makes me nervous for the future!

Very unique situation at the moment that allows rack rate. Not sustainable in my opinion except maybe at the monorail resorts and/or peak times. May see another cash to DVC conversion (like at GF) to keep inventory lower. Hubris playing a role as well. Hopefully discounts start coming in more regularly in the new year.

Very unique situation at the moment that allows rack rate. Not sustainable in my opinion except maybe at the monorail resorts and/or peak times. May see another cash to DVC conversion (like at GF) to keep inventory lower. Hubris playing a role as well. Hopefully discounts start coming in more regularly in the new year.
Right? The hoopla with the 50th must also have affected inventory. Now that we know what the 50th is, I’m thinking inventory will have to open up. Or maybe wishful thinking. But, it’s clear to me Disney will continue trying to wean people off discounts.

We’re going at the end of October and we’ve never paid rack rate for our rooms before. It’s a tough pill to swallow for sure. We’re still going, but whether we renew our APs when they expire in January is up in the air.

We’re going at the end of October and we’ve never paid rack rate for our rooms before. It’s a tough pill to swallow for sure. We’re still going, but whether we renew our APs when they expire in January is up in the air.
I don't think I'll renew my AP. It just doesn't make sense to pay that much money for a lesser product and no dependable room discount on top of that? As someone coming from out of state, it's hard to justify.

We have a trip planned 11/3-11/7 (which we will likely cancel), so have been following deluxe hotel availability for those dates. A lot of folks cancelled, occupancy increased and/or WDW adjusted their booking algorithm as there was once no availability and now all but Yacht and CR have rooms.

We have a trip planned 11/3-11/7 (which we will likely cancel), so have been following deluxe hotel availability for those dates. A lot of folks cancelled, occupancy increased and/or WDW adjusted their booking algorithm as there was once no availability and now all but Yacht and CR have rooms.
It might be that package reservations were cancelled at the 30 day minimum cancellation notice...probably by a number of potential guests who booked, hoping that discounts would become available for that period of time.

Not looking great for a Contemporary discount for my May trip...since Contemporary hasn't been included in the fall or early spring discounts...

More resorts are included with better discounts in this January - February offer than what we saw in the Summer and Fall. Typically, January and February have been much slower times than Summer and Fall (with the exception of late August and mid-September). For those of you taking note of the best times of the year to travel for crowds and discounts, January and February should be on your list.

OP updated with the discounts by dates and resorts.

Just saw the AP discount this morning around 6:55. Was able to add to my split stay 2 night portion for Port Orleans French Quarter with a room type change (saved about $150); but nothing available for my 3 nights at Pop for any room type. Better than nothing I suppose... Travel dates are late February into March.

Just saw the AP discount this morning around 6:55. Was able to add to my split stay 2 night portion for Port Orleans French Quarter with a room type change (saved about $150); but nothing available for my 3 nights at Pop for any room type. Better than nothing I suppose... Travel dates are late February into March.
I was waiting to book for February so I jumped on it for POFQ.

I was waiting to book for February so I jumped on it for POFQ.

We've never stayed at Port Orleans - so excited to try it! I think I had to switch from a water view to a garden view - all the other rooms showed "no discount availabe". I've heard it's a lovely place, so hope the garden view was a good choice! So glad you were able to find a discount as well!

FQ is one of our faves. So glad we are finally getting to stay again...it has been so long. You can't really go wrong with any rooms at FQ. It is a great resort.

We've never stayed at Port Orleans - so excited to try it! I think I had to switch from a water view to a garden view - all the other rooms showed "no discount availabe". I've heard it's a lovely place, so hope the garden view was a good choice! So glad you were able to find a discount as well!
Meant to reply to you above. Oops.

I'm staying at Poly the last weekend of January and no discount. Boo. Actually, the discount applied to very few resorts that weekend, which is disappointing. Oh well, I was prepared to pay rack rate for a short weekend trip anyway. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter