• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Lounge at AK

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
Where is it and has anyone used it? Also, where is the AP viewing area for the Jammin' Jungle Parade?

Hi Deb,

When I get home tonight, I'll post the pictures I took of both AK and EPCOT's AP lounges...been meaning to do it for ages :rolleyes:

The AK passholder lounge is a back room of Pizza Safari, there's a main park path that runs by the lefthand side of the building, go up there a tad, and on the right there is a little path to a door - it has a board up saying it's the AP lounge, but its hard to see from the main path because of a bush :rolleyes: It IS easy to find though.

It's nice enough...not Air conditioned like the EPCOT one, and only offered a water cooler (which wasn't to cool actually), but it's still a nice place to rest up for 15 minutes in a comfy chair. (We'd grabbed a FP for Tough to be a Bug and then went to the lounge and relaxed there as it's pretty close) There are some free arcade games for the kiddies, a CM to chat to if you wish (and who you book your show and parade spots with), and a TV.

Sorry, I didn't use the AP 'services' when I was there though, I don't know where the parade viewing area is.

Penny :D

Rob,

It's directly on top of the Garden Grill, if you are feeling confident, then you can just go in as I tell you, if not (being your first time) then you go to the GG podium and ask the CM how to get in the lounge and they will point you in the right direction.

Ok. If you are directly facing the GG podium and restaurant, there is the restaurant waiting area and some loos to your left, to the left of the loos there is a lift. When you get in the lift you need to go to the 3rd floor, HOWEVER, you have to press both 2nd (which you are already on) and 3rd floor buttons together to make the lift work. Up you pop, when you come out the lift there is a desk and a CM who'll ask to see your AP's. You sign in, and that's it, you just go down the hall into the lounge which has water, fizzy pop and coffee - BIG comfy sofas, newspapers & a TV and has a glass wall which overlooks 'Living with the Land' (just like the GG) Very cool. They do have characters there sometimes too. :D

The lounges are BOTH worth visiting IMO, especially when you've reached the stage of visiting the parks and everything isn't such a rush - it was nice to chill for 15-20.

The AP lounges are said to only be open until end of September - are you going within that time? Or might they extend this?

Well the EPCOT lounge was originally only trialled until May and they not only extended it, but added the AK one as well...I think they are basically covering themselves...as long as they are well used, then they should hopefully stay (that's the rumour atleast!) and even more hopefully (<i>please, please, please!</i>) they'll even add one at MGM & MK.

Ok, the AK one isn't the best pic in the world because it was dark in there, but hey! It's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, eh?

AKlounge.jpg

Animal Kingdom Lounge

epcotlounge.jpg

Epcot Lounge

Oh lookie! I am more efficient than I give myself credit for ;)

Seems it occured to me to take a picture of the entrance to the AK passholder lounge, hehehe.

AKAPdoor.jpg

Thanks, Pen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the lounges will still be open when we go in October. I did e-mail WDW when the one at Epcot was first opened and got a typically vague (although fairly encouraging) response about the likelihood of them becoming a permanent fixture. I'm sure I've read on the Theme Park forum that until recently they were going to be closed at the end of August, but now they've been extended throughout September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter