AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Out of State Platinum Renewal
Original Expiration: 11/27/2020
New expiration: 12/27/2020
Type of refund: partial
Amount: $347.57 x 2

My daughter and I visited for 5 days in late February and activated our passes. Those are the refunds we received. My wife has never activated her renewal. We were told we would receive the same amount for her but we did not receive anything. Both of the refunds came via check even though the card we used to buy the APs, a Disney Visa, is still active. I also called about 10 days ago to check on the refund.

Anyone received refunds for unactivated renewals? Looks like I’ll have to call the AP line again.

yes, still waiting for refund of unused ap gold renewal certificate

Please don't yell at me if this has already been asked and answered. I'm having serious time shortage due to family health issues and don't have time to read the whole thread. Okay...so here's the question...(pretty simple actually) If I cancel my Platinum AP through the email today, will I still be able to use it through 8/11? I'm asking for my niece who has a pass and may try to squeeze in a trip. As for me, I'm not touching WDW with a ten foot pole for the time being. Thanks for your patience.

Please don't yell at me if this has already been asked and answered. I'm having serious time shortage due to family health issues and don't have time to read the whole thread. Okay...so here's the question...(pretty simple actually) If I cancel my Platinum AP through the email today, will I still be able to use it through 8/11? I'm asking for my niece who has a pass and may try to squeeze in a trip. As for me, I'm not touching WDW with a ten foot pole for the time being. Thanks for your patience.

Yep!

I never received an email for AP refund - is there a link with how this works? TY

(We have 2 DVC Plat and 1 DVC Gold used/activated December 2019 for 9 days or so. Haven’t been back since)

Hi, I have been trying to get my Annual Pass extended, it disappeared from the app, and no one I called on the Annual Pass Contracts line will help me...does anyone know a guest service name to help me. Thank you

I never got “THE” email, but I was able to use the link to extend my pass and it shows the extension in MDE. Then I got the same information that I should have gotten by email (but never did) by snail mail today 🧐🤔 What the heck. I know Disney has my email, they send me all kinds of stuff, but never any passholder emails.

C60D780F-367A-4930-BA58-ACBE81FDB422.jpeg

Being one of those Passholders who never receives AP emails, I sent a message requesting the email, outlining options for my current pass. As the phone waits have generally been longer than normal, I was hoping that Disney would comply with my request to send the communication. I received this reply:

Xxxxxxxxx (Disney)

Dear Xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and for being one of our valued Annual Passholders!

First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for the challenges you have been experiencing with receiving Annual Passholder e-mails. With the information provided in your e-mail, we were able to review your My Disney Experience account and we can confirm that all communication settings are set to opt-in for these communications. What might help ensure you receive your Annual Passholder communications is changing the e-mail address you use for your My Disney Experience account. This change has helped other Annual Passholders with the same challenges receive the e-mail communications they have been missing.

The e-mail that was sent to our Annual Passholders to select between the currently available options contains personalized links to choose between these options. For security purposes, Cast Members do not have access to these personalized links and the personalized link sent to one Passholder does not work for another Passholder. As such, while we would love to send you the missing e-mail, we do not have access to be able to do so.

If you have still not been able to contact a Cast Member to help submit your selection, please contact us at your earliest convenience as all selections must be submitted by August 11, 2020. We are experiencing longer than usual hold times by phone, so you may also be interested to know that our live chat team, available on the Walt Disney World® website, is also able to assist with this request. Please use the phone number or the link below for additional assistance. We would love to be able to assist you via e-mail, however, we are unable to do so.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-WDW-PASS (407-939-7277) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website. When calling, at the voice prompt, please state "Passholder Help Desk" to be routed to our department. Cast Members are available from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week. We will be happy to assist you further!

Sincerely,

Xxxxxxxx
V.I. Passholder Help Desk

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Being one of those Passholders who never receives AP emails, I sent a message requesting the email, outlining options for my current pass. As the phone waits have generally been longer than normal, I was hoping that Disney would comply with my request to send the communication. I received this reply:

Their response was the equivalent of "uhhhh...try jiggling it a little and see if it works..."

Anyone know what this is about? Just popped up on mde when i opened it just now
View attachment 515795

Between that and the snail mail that @pepperandchips received, I'm guessing that they're getting concerned that people might not be receiving emails and that they really should be taking a multi-pronged approach at outgoing communication since their phone lines are so backed up. Especially as the August 11th deadline is approaching quickly, I think it is damage control so there are fewer people saying they had no idea the refund was an option.

I never got “THE” email, but I was able to use the link to extend my pass and it shows the extension in MDE. Then I got the same information that I should have gotten by email (but never did) by snail mail today 🧐🤔 What the heck. I know Disney has my email, they send me all kinds of stuff, but never any passholder emails.

View attachment 515699
I received the same mail today via USPS.

Has anyone who requested their refund back in April gotten it yet? My pass was never extended more than the one month and I've gotten nothing so far. Very annoyed.

Just a short question, if I cancel our AP's to get the refund, can I still renew the passes?

Initially I wrote an email, to either freeze the passes or get a refund for the closing time and not cancel it (only received an automatic message). Coincidentally our passes will expire regulary on 12-AUG, so time is ticking.

Just a short question, if I cancel our AP's to get the refund, can I still renew the passes?

Initially I wrote an email, to either freeze the passes or get a refund for the closing time and not cancel it (only received an automatic message). Coincidentally our passes will expire regulary on 12-AUG, so time is ticking.
Sadly it just depends on who you get. There are accounts of people successfully pausing passes with castmembers encouraging others to email for case by case consideration. Others experienced castmembers with no ability to offer alternatives. I’m not suggesting which is accurate or fair- only that there are posts with variable success doing anything other than full cancel or take the extension. And they’re not offering new APs sales yet so I would doubt you could cancel and then renew but honestly people have had success asking for things that I’ve had declined, so worth a shot!

I really don’t think you can. When you renew, you have a current pass on the expiration date. You won’t have a pass to renew come your expiration date. Or your date would be the date the pass is cancelled, August 12. No point in renewing on that date. You would have to buy buy a new pass. And currently they aren’t selling them. Once it’s cancelled, it’s gone.

Not sure if this has been covered already, but wanted to check on the logistics for one of our AP’s.

Oldest DSis had a Platinum pass, originally set to expire May 24, and has been pushed out to mid Sept or Oct now.

we originally were going to use her extension for our trip which starts in 2 days, but with all the confusion of the APs, we decided to cancel hers as soon as it was possible and get her a DVC gold pass since we’re now living together, and in theory, we’d like to have the same expiration date for all of our passes. (She was on a different cycle than we were originally )

then the extra extension came along with the cancellation information, and now I’m confused. We’ve already been refunded for the remainder of her pass, so it is cancelled but still showing on my MDE. Are we going to be able to activate her gold pass this coming Friday, or do we have to wait until the 12th?

Not sure if this has been covered already, but wanted to check on the logistics for one of our AP’s.

Oldest DSis had a Platinum pass, originally set to expire May 24, and has been pushed out to mid Sept or Oct now.

we originally were going to use her extension for our trip which starts in 2 days, but with all the confusion of the APs, we decided to cancel hers as soon as it was possible and get her a DVC gold pass since we’re now living together, and in theory, we’d like to have the same expiration date for all of our passes. (She was on a different cycle than we were originally )

then the extra extension came along with the cancellation information, and now I’m confused. We’ve already been refunded for the remainder of her pass, so it is cancelled but still showing on my MDE. Are we going to be able to activate her gold pass this coming Friday, or do we have to wait until the 12th?
Her current pass is still active until August 11 even though you’ve been refunded.

@DisneyHomework @focusondisney

Thank you for your answers! All these unknown procedures, different handling and lacking communication - that kinda drives me crazy. Sadly, we will only have next year to go to WDW, after that, probably not possible for a looooong time.

I was told by an internet support CM that the email sent out to either cancel or extend an AP is linked to the specific account to which it is sent.

If anyone used someone else’s link, but never received a confirmation of your specific action, it might be a good idea to call to confirm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter