Approached by Dream Team, but not given anything

I must be too talkative of a person, cause honestly, I'll be happy when ppl just talk to me and smile, reg CMs or dream team CMs. :lmao:

I work in a domestic law attorneys office. I love to chat with ppl, about anything, but most ppl arent happy when they come to see me so being around happy-go-lucky ppl like myself sounds wonderful. :hippie:

I CANT WAIT TO BE IN WDW!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

If i won something, ANYTHING, it would just add to the excitement of it all, but its nothing to count on.

Recheck the post...the winking smiley next to that line means it's a joke. No insinuation, I promise!

BACK OFF of AUNTIE!!! She was wrong, he was wrong, I was wrong, you were wrong, we got it. Now back to the OP, any one have a tale of Dream Team awarding no prize but singling out for a conversation.

Back off? Can you explain how I'm "on" her by clarifying my post?

Back off? Can you explain how I'm "on" her by clarifying my post?

Okay...I think I can clear this up...
You quoted me...that quote had a "wink" in it. I took that...and apparently so did Adell57 to mean that the wink in my post was the "wink" you referred to as a joke..and that I did not appreciate the apology that was rendered to which the quote pertained. Which of course I did appreciate.

I didn't realize..and apparently neither did Adell57 that you meant your own post that had a "wink"...after the insinuation of the internet rumor...that YOU were joking.
I guess you have your meaning of a wink..and I have mine.
This is making me dizzy and it's just silly.
I think we can all agree no harm done..no harm intended.

Oh..and I'll never wink at anyone ever again!:laughing:

Ouchie! Now my head hurts! But actually I think it's starting to make sense!

Yep, no harm no foul sounds good to me. :thumbsup2

On another note... although one of those YOAMD extras would be nice, I'm not going to WDW with the hope of getting anything extra. Just being in WDW is like having your big piece of cake already with the icing, the YOAMD extras are just more icing on the cake.

...ok, a castle stay or DVC membership might be another whole cake with lots of icing...

Is anyone else getting hungry?

Hungry? Yes.... it's 11:50 at night here and I'm seriously considering making something to eat now.... lol

But back to the main subject, I'm enjoying reading about what people have encountered in the YOAMD giveaways.

I can't wait to visit the mouse again!

Didn't see any Dream Squad while there in October but will be watching when we go back in June. It would be fun to see someone win something ... not that interested in prizes myself but would love to "win" a chance to pick someone to win something awesome. I guess in my next life I want to be a DS person!:wizard:

Didn't see any Dream Squad while there in October but will be watching when we go back in June. It would be fun to see someone win something ... not that interested in prizes myself but would love to "win" a chance to pick someone to win something awesome. I guess in my next life I want to be a DS person!:wizard:

That's a neat thought... and think of the stories you'd have to tell!

We had a similiar experience- a Dream Team Member started talking to me - we talked about DVC - how many times to Disney- she asked my girls how they were doing & what they enjoyed - it was about 5-7 minute conversation & then she walked away- I was kind of bummed - my girls didn't know anything so they were ok but I was kind of excited when she walked up to us. oh well. guess we were not interesting enough!

:banana: When we were there LAST May (has it been a year ALREADY???), I was oblivious to any white vests. We did experience the CM coming up and speaking to us though. It was a nice conversation and I didn't even think of the YOAMD when we were talking.

Two wonderful Magic Moments happened to me though: first I had just graduated from my Master's program and was wearing a Mickey Motarboard all over the parks. Not the little caps, an actual motarboard with ears!! It was awesome (and kinda heavy!!) Anyway, when we went into CP for dinner, I took it off (my hair was probably stunning). The server noticed it and we talked. At the end of the meal, I got a certificate signed by Pooh and friends for my Achievement! I cried. I was a 38 year old puddle of goo.

About 15 minutes later we were in the Emporium and a CM started talking to me and my DS11. She ended up giving us 2 Tinkerbell pins--one to keep and one to give away to "someone who needed it." At the end of the night, there was a little girl about 9 or 10 and she was crying on Main Street. She wasn't throwing a fit, and didn't seem tired, just crying and she looked so sad. I don't know what was wrong--not my business--but I asked her mother (quietly and without her hearing me) if I could give her the Tinkerbell pin. Her mother was stunned and didn't know what to say, but she nodded yes. When I gave that pin away I felt like I had just won the lottery. The smile on that little girl's face was priceless. I would LOVE the opportunity to do THAT again!!!!

We were approached by a blue-clad CM by the exit gate, and engaged in a discussion of how much we had enjoyed our day in MK. The CM had noticed I was wearing pins on my hat, and asked if I wanted to trade any. I noted she had two YOAMD "Where my dream came true" pins, so I asked for one, and she gave it up willingly. I don't remember which pin I gave up -- it may have been a POTC movie doubloon.

:banana: When we were there LAST May (has it been a year ALREADY???), I was oblivious to any white vests. We did experience the CM coming up and speaking to us though. It was a nice conversation and I didn't even think of the YOAMD when we were talking.

Two wonderful Magic Moments happened to me though: first I had just graduated from my Master's program and was wearing a Mickey Motarboard all over the parks. Not the little caps, an actual motarboard with ears!! It was awesome (and kinda heavy!!) Anyway, when we went into CP for dinner, I took it off (my hair was probably stunning). The server noticed it and we talked. At the end of the meal, I got a certificate signed by Pooh and friends for my Achievement! I cried. I was a 38 year old puddle of goo.

About 15 minutes later we were in the Emporium and a CM started talking to me and my DS11. She ended up giving us 2 Tinkerbell pins--one to keep and one to give away to "someone who needed it." At the end of the night, there was a little girl about 9 or 10 and she was crying on Main Street. She wasn't throwing a fit, and didn't seem tired, just crying and she looked so sad. I don't know what was wrong--not my business--but I asked her mother (quietly and without her hearing me) if I could give her the Tinkerbell pin. Her mother was stunned and didn't know what to say, but she nodded yes. When I gave that pin away I felt like I had just won the lottery. The smile on that little girl's face was priceless. I would LOVE the opportunity to do THAT again!!!!

Now that's the best YOAMD story I have heard. Just the opportunity to give something away like that. It gives me the idea to buy a few extra pins to have my 10 year old DD give away to a little one having a bad day. My daughter would LOVE that! I'd like to give them away but a big scary guy with a shaved head would freak the little ones out LOL. Better a little girl with pig tails LOL. Imagine the job satisfaction those CM's have that get to give that stuff away and make people happy. I am jealous.
Cheers

Now that's the best YOAMD story I have heard. Just the opportunity to give something away like that. It gives me the idea to buy a few extra pins to have my 10 year old DD give away to a little one having a bad day. My daughter would LOVE that! I'd like to give them away but a big scary guy with a shaved head would freak the little ones out LOL. Better a little girl with pig tails LOL. Imagine the job satisfaction those CM's have that get to give that stuff away and make people happy. I am jealous.
Cheers

I feel the same way, I'd love to do the same, but I think other parents would get freaked out a moderately heavily tattooed mommy trying to give their kid something. :rotfl2:

I feel the same way, I'd love to do the same, but I think other parents would get freaked out a moderately heavily tattooed mommy trying to give their kid something. :rotfl2:

I think there's magic in all of us to share!! If you talk to the parent first and explain, I'm sure most would be receptive!!! That mom sure was grateful!!

MrGrumpy222 said:
Imagine the job satisfaction those CM's have that get to give that stuff away and make people happy. I am jealous.
Cheers

I felt SO GOOD being able to participate in giving away some of the magic!! The CM that gave me the pin to give away gave me 2 Magical Moments at once!!

I think we were able to provide a few magical moments ourselves... giving away unused FPs.

I had 3 FP's for Soarin' late in the day, but we decided to leave early. A group of three teenagers walked by and I heard them saying something like "I doubt they'll have anymore fastpasses at Soarin' this late in the day." How could I resist giving our passes to them! The smiles I saw on those grateful teenagers was worth more than going on my favorite Epcot ride myself.

Then it happened again. I wanted to try the new Toy Story Mania ride at DHS. We got FPs as soon as we got in to the park (about an hour after opening). We went back for our time, and the ride was closed down. We tried again an hour later... the ride was still closed down. Later that afternoon, by the bus stops (we gave up and didn't have much else to do in DHS with little ones), I saw a family going toward the park. I asked them if they could use the passes, and the father said they were hoping to go on TSM, and he just looked so happy that he might have FP's for the newest ride for his family. I just hope the ride finally got fixed.

So anyway... I want to challenge anyone else out there to try to add to the magic for strangers when possible. You'll feel good, and the people you're helping feel particularly lucky!

It's nice to see there are people out there who like to spread a little pixie dust...:thumbsup2

So anyway... I want to challenge anyone else out there to try to add to the magic for strangers when possible. You'll feel good, and the people you're helping feel particularly lucky!

I think this is a fabulous idea! Perhaps a new thread could be started with stories of visitors helping spread magic to others just for the joy of doing it!!!

we didn't even so much as see a dream team CM in october....shows how much we pay attention. :rolleyes:

Your not alone! We were there in January 2007 (the beginning of YOMD) for 3

WEEKS and didn't so much as SEE a member let alone see anyone winning something. :confused3

We had a similiar experience- a Dream Team Member started talking to me - we talked about DVC - how many times to Disney- she asked my girls how they were doing & what they enjoyed - it was about 5-7 minute conversation & then she walked away- I was kind of bummed - my girls didn't know anything so they were ok but I was kind of excited when she walked up to us. oh well. guess we were not interesting enough!

See, I would have a hard time with that too....I don't mind having a

conversation with a CS but if they're not going to award me anything, why

hold my attention for that long? That's just giving me false hope not to mention

eating into my precious vacation time! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter