Approached by Dream Team, but not given anything

So does that mean that if I am there with my dh, ds (will be turning 4 at WDW) and myself that we have no chance of winning the castle stay b/c we have a boy instead of a girl?? Bummer!! :sad1:

I can only speak to what I was told by a castmember who is friends with my daughter, and that is they look for those families with girls at or around 8 or under for the castle stay. Now, I'm not saying there aren't exceptions, but that's what he told us. Kind of makes sense from what I've observed.

I can only speak to what I was told by a castmember who is friends with my daughter, and that is they look for those families with girls at or around 8 or under for the castle stay. Now, I'm not saying there aren't exceptions, but that's what he told us. Kind of makes sense from what I've observed.

I'm not doubting what the CM told your daughter, but on our trip last summer we were on the boat to the WL and talked to a couple that had won a night in the castle.

They were a couple around 60. Though we didn't win a prize, it was so much fun talking with people that had won.

My daughter has a friend who is a cast member, and he told us that the people for the suite are usually between certain ages, and have children..one of which is a girl between a certain age. They do apparently have criteria to be met depending on the prize. He told us there was no way we would be chosen for the castle as there weren't any "little ones" in our party.
He is 100% wrong on all counts.
The Year of a Million Dreams Sweepstakes (very important word) is operated by an entirely independent agency, in accordance with all laws - most notably any that require the awarding of sweepstakes prizes to be entirely RANDOM, among all those in competition for said prizes. In the case of YoaMD, this means anybody in the six Disney parks (generally during daytime business hours), or either Downtown Disney, or who has mailed in entries in accordance with sweepstakes rules.

You have an absolutely EQUAL chance to win a night in the Castle Suite as ANY other Guest/party in the Orlando parks/DTD on that day. You just need to be in the right place at the right time.

:cutie: Well, I'm glad to hear that. Not trying to ruffle any feathers..merely repeating what we've been told. I'm happy to know everyone has a chance..I know I certainly wouldn't mind staying a night in the castle!

He is 100% wrong on all counts.
The Year of a Million Dreams Sweepstakes (very important word) is operated by an entirely independent agency, in accordance with all laws - most notably any that require the awarding of sweepstakes prizes to be entirely RANDOM, among all those in competition for said prizes. In the case of YoaMD, this means anybody in the six Disney parks (generally during daytime business hours), or either Downtown Disney, or who has mailed in entries in accordance with sweepstakes rules.

You have an absolutely EQUAL chance to win a night in the Castle Suite as ANY other Guest/party in the Orlando parks/DTD on that day. You just need to be in the right place at the right time.
Graet post!The only thing I can add is that the YOAMD prizes are awarded between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM because of Animal Kingdom's sometimes shorter hours.:)

Concerning the Castle stay win, I read on another website an article written by someone who won it. She was exiting Soarin' and was a single traveler, who just had some other adult friends/acquantances along. She was able to invite 5 of those friends along on her overnight stay in the Castle. So...she did not have a daughter under 8 years old. I have found through years of many WDW visits and phone calls with CMs that some of them really try to act like they are "in the know" when they have no idea what they are talking about!:rotfl:

Graet post!The only thing I can add is that the YOAMD prizes are awarded between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM because of Animal Kingdom's sometimes shorter hours.:)
Thanks! First I was going to say just "business hours", but that wouldn't be correct because Disney's business hours can be as long as fifteen hours (or more) on a given day.
Then I was going to say "office hours", but even those vary. Thanks for the ACTUAL hours!

My daughter has a friend who is a cast member, and he told us that the people for the suite are usually between certain ages, and have children..one of which is a girl between a certain age. They do apparently have criteria to be met depending on the prize. He told us there was no way we would be chosen for the castle as there weren't any "little ones" in our party.
Your daughter's friend must have been listening to somone who was yanking her chain (or she was yanking your daughter's chain). Friends of ours here in Celebration won, and they are an elderly couple whose kids and grandkids all live out of state. It was because one of them was in the correct seat on the Great Movie Ride; nothing to do with party make-up.

Okay..Okay..Fifty lashes with the wet noodle. :scared: I'm glad that anyone can win. :cutie: I'm glad that other people without 8 year old girls have won. :thumbsup2 I was only repeating what my daughters friend (male castmember) told her. OBVIOUSLY..he is wrong. I don't think this was the point of the original question posed in the thread..but it's appears to have taken a turn in this direction. I am wrong...the kid was wrong...my daugher is wrong...and I don't know what more I can say about it.
I think the OP wanted to know if anyone had been approached by the dream team and not given any type of prize.

Or he could have just been starting a rumor to see how long it would take to appear on the internet! ;)

Honestly..I don't think the gentlemen cares all that much. It was something said in passing..and I'm really sorry I ever mentioned it. My mistake..not his.

Well, no - it was his mistake, not yours; and while you seem to regret posting what he said and the responses you're getting, keep in mind that MANY people read this thread without posting - once I send this response, the thread will have 33 posts... but it's been read by 2,424DISers (and visitors)!!!!!!!!!!!. Us explaining that the CM was wrong, and how/why he is wrong, is very helpful to others reading this thread.

AGAIN...not the original point of the thread..and I think it's time people MOVED on. By my mistake,..I meant mine for posting what he said..in passing.
How many times can you possibly say the SAME thing?:rolleyes1 Relentlessly rehassing an issue until it's taken on a life of it's own contributes more to the missinformation..than the simple MISTAKE it was to begin with. The fact is he was obviously missinformed. That has been pointed out again, and again, and again. Horray for everyone who won a stay in the castle.:thumbsup2 Somewhere along the way, the original intent of the post has been lost.

WHOP! WHOP! WHOP! Sound of a dead horse being beaten to death.:sad2:

Okay. I apologize for posting several times to assure you that you did/said/posted nothing wrong.

I don't apologize for posting correct information for the over two thousand people who've read this thread so far.

Well, thanks..I appreciate that.;) You weren't the only one..just the latest and I guess I was just getting kind of tired of it. Especially when it was sort of insuinated that "he" may have been trying to start a rumor on the internet. Nothing could be further from the truth. He stated somethng in a coversation..and I stupidly posted it..and it snowballed. I have NO issue with your correcting his information. I'm honestly THRILLED to know that he was wrong and others have won. As I mentioned earlier..I'd love:lovestruc to be able to win..and it sure puts me back in the running since we plan to be there in August!
Hey..one can dream...can't I?:wizard:

WHOP! WHOP! WHOP! Sound of a dead horse being beaten to death.:sad2:

Had me rolling on the floor laughing!! Who knew you could be sooooo wrong! So let me get this straight, you were wrong or he was wrong??? Just Kidding. Got to get it straight for those 2000 peeps out their. :rotfl2:

Well, thanks..I appreciate that.;) You weren't the only one..just the latest and I guess I was just getting kind of tired of it. Especially when it was sort of insuinated that "he" may have been trying to start a rumor on the internet.
Recheck the post...the winking smiley next to that line means it's a joke. No insinuation, I promise!

I officially withdraw my wink...pirate: I post a wink in many of my posts..and was not aware that a wink was meant as a joke. I personally think of a wink as a simple positive greeting...often a sign of agreement. However, I suppose that is up to interpertation, and I was sincere in my response. Thank you for your input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter