April 17, 2011 on the Dream

Me, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL. I've been sick the entire time we've been home - not seasick or post-cruise depression sick - but sore throat to earache to bronchitis to pneumonia sick. :sick: I haven't had the energy to catch up with all the post-cruise posts yet, but hopefully will soon.

Hi Deb!!! I was wondering where you were :). Hope you feel better soon :goodvibes

I feel like I lost lots of friends at once.....

Me too :sad1: I really miss all of my DIS friends. Our chats were always something to look forward to :hug:

Deb, glad you enjoyed the cookies. Poor hubby :rotfl:
We loved the cookies too!!! You did a great job -- they were adorable and delicious!!

I am battling a sore throat and stuffiness right now - hope mine doesn't follow suit...I think it is more allergies for me (fingers crossed). We leave to go back to WDW next Tuesday night - need to shake this!
Jacob was sick immediately after the cruise. By the time we got home he had an awful sore throat and the next day a fever and stuffiness. Then Mark had the same thing. I survived and didn't get the cold -- I love bleach -- but I have allergies and all of a sudden everything just bloomed. The pollen is so high -- it's everywhere. My car is totally coated :scared1:. Hope you feel better before your trip to the World -- lucky girl. Wish we could cruise again next spring break but work won't let me take off 2 in a row -- it's someone else's turn next year.

What cruises do any of you have booked besides the 4/1/12 Dream?

We're on the 8/9/11 Wonder Alaska, 1/29/12 Dream, 9/7/12 Magic Canada and the 12/15/12 Fantasy.
I hadn't realize until I just typed this out that we have all 4 ships booked. :thumbsup2
Good for you -- all 4 ships booked LOL. We booked the 7/15/12 Canada cruise. DH doesn't want to go somewhere 'beachy' :confused3. WHAT???? I love the beach and the Caribbean is just so beautiful -- who is this man I married?? I foresee separate vacations in our future LOL. I need sunshine :love:

lucky........:goodvibes

I am trying to get my friend(s) to join us on 7/8/12 or 7/15/12 Canada cruise, this way DH can stay home and we pay for only one adult and one child, but so far, no luck......with DS's NYU tuition there is no way we can afford two family cruises :rolleyes1

Yelena I really hope you are able to keep the 7/15/12 booking ;).

I have two very nice group pictures. Can somebody talk me through how to post them here (I tried a few times using FB as a host site, but it did not work)? or maybe I will post them to FB - will somebody be able to copy them and post them here?
still catching up at work --- so hard to believe its been only two weeks since our vacation :rolleyes1

Just back, finally catching up on the reading. svcutler- I am so sorry about your fil.

I have to admit I was a little sad to see some of you were not happy with the cruise. We were 1st time cruisers and LOVED every second of our vacation.

All of our servers/cabin people were great. Did our waiter ever make a time mistake- yes, but no one is perfect. Nothing to crazy or consistent. Our cabin was always well taken care of. We had an inside on deck 8. Great location near the aft.

Yes, I did feel the layout was strange at times (always walking through Cabanas to get to the stairs/elevator), and we did walk through the adult area a few times to get to the forward elevator/stairs too. But, overall we loved everything!

Im sorry some of you missed your Palo ressies on the 2ns stop at Castaway Cay. I had no idea they canceled those too. We were looking foward to eating at Cabanas again that day for lunch (1st day buffet was really good!), but it did give us an opportunity to try that counter service area by the pool (I cant remember the name- we are pretty light eaters so we dont snack often as we saw a lot of people doing). The sandwich and salad I had there was actually really good!

We TOTALLY loved Animator's Palate. I got to celebrate my birthday there. Memory of a life time. RP and EG were OK in terms of decor, but not nearly as fun!

Unexpected fun- riding bikes on Castaway Cay. Wow, we really had a good time as a family there! It was a bummer the Aquaduck was down for a while, but we all still got to ride it. It WAS fun! We enjoyed so much we booked a dummy date on board- August 2012. I wanted spring break, but it was priced CRAZY! But, I just booked the NCL Epic for Thanksgiving of 2012, so I might cancel our dummy booking. We do want to cruise Disney again though- likely on the Fantasy when her prices drop in a couple years. The Dream was awesome, but it was just too short!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Well, it's been a rollercoaster since we've gotten back. My Mom had just moved from the City to White Plains last year and now with my Dad's passing, we're going to have to move her again. Ugh!

We're all doing as well as can be expected, but I must tell you I don't even have time to look at our Disney photos or think back about our time on the boat.

I will just say this - My DD, Bailey, saw The Vibe before she saw The Edge. BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!! Ever since she saw where she WASN'T going to be hanging out, she decided almost immediately that The Edge was not great. She kept saying over and over that The Vibe was so much cooler than the Edge. Actually, I tend to agree!

Last - THANK YOU ALL for all your well wishes and condolences. It did mean a lot to me to see that and I hope to meet you all again sometime in the future!

PS - Anyone going on the Carnival Glory July 7th out of NYC? I'll be on there.... Hey, is there a board for that cruise......?

PS - Anyone going on the Carnival Glory July 7th out of NYC? I'll be on there.... Hey, is there a board for that cruise......?

Yep...cruisecritic.com. They have cruise meets and all. But be aware some of the people can be nasty, just look over them and get to know the good ones. We had a couple of good meets threads for both our Carnival cruises.

:grouphug: This is for you and your family at this trying time. :flower3:

I have two very nice group pictures. Can somebody talk me through how to post them here (I tried a few times using FB as a host site, but it did not work)? or maybe I will post them to FB - will somebody be able to copy them and post them here?
still catching up at work --- so hard to believe its been only two weeks since our vacation :rolleyes1

Just wanted to let you know - i finally posted 2 pictures to FB group from our meet and greet and one from our unexpected meeting during FE gifts delivering. If someone could post them here, that would be great :thumbsup2 I tried, but no luck :headache:

We decided to stay with X-Silhouette - NJ sailing for the next year spring break. Their dates are not the best, but DH hates the idea of driving to FL next year. So far, they only have one child K's age, but it is still too far away. :idea: Maybe some of you, east coast residents, will decide to join us :cloud9:
and I agree with "jilljill", cruise critic people are nasty some times :guilty:, it is not the same as Disboards :love: :grouphug:

To post your pics here you need to use a photo hosting site such as photobucket, FB is not a hosting site. When you put them on photobucket, there's a link you can then use to post here for your pics to show up. If you need a more technical clarification you can check over on the Tech Boards. I know that I just put my pics on Photobucket and then use the img link to post here - at least I think it's the img link, it's been so long since I've posted a pic on here.

:)Hi guys!

My kids said it was the best trip ever!:thumbsup2

My eldest DS convinced my not to wait 2 years, so we going back to WDW again next year Massachusetts break.

Looks like 13 Apr to 19 April WDW and we're booked only for a 3 day Dream cruise on the 19th. We will be bringing a friend (female) of my eldest DS's. The boys will have to remember to wear pj's.:sad2: Otherwise this poor girl will be traumatized. So we're in a 4B with a verandah for the first time.

The 19th was way cheaper than the 15th for us.

Anyone else on the 19th?

Hi Sue :flower3:. Sadly we won't be able to see the mouse next spring break -- work won't allow the that particular time off 2 years in a row :sad2:. We are booked on the Magic next summer to Canada though, but not sure if we're keeping it because the following year, Jacob graduates from grammar school :scared1: and it's our 15th anniversary so we plan on a WDW/some kind of cruise vacation :banana: :cool1:.

Glad you all enjoyed the cruise :). I really don't like the short cruises too much, never really did get that relaxation in. The Dream is a beautiful ship though and I loved meeting so many of our DIS friends. I can't believe it's only been a month since we sailed -- feels like forever.

:)Hi guys!

My kids said it was the best trip ever!:thumbsup2

My eldest DS convinced my not to wait 2 years, so we going back to WDW again next year Massachusetts break.

Looks like 13 Apr to 19 April WDW and we're booked only for a 3 day Dream cruise on the 19th. We will be bringing a friend (female) of my eldest DS's. The boys will have to remember to wear pj's.:sad2: Otherwise this poor girl will be traumatized. So we're in a 4B with a verandah for the first time.

The 19th was way cheaper than the 15th for us.

Anyone else on the 19th?

Hi Sue, it was great to meet at bars on the Dream. I am happy for you and the boys that you are going on it again next year. We have to skip a year with Disney. Maybe Canada from NY, but it does not look promising with my salary cuts :guilty:.

. I can't believe it's only been a month since we sailed -- feels like forever.

Bridget - I feel the same, seems like it was so long ago. I am going over my pictures (I have over 2,000 total :eek: for our 15 days trip) : very nice memories! :goodvibes

I want to make a photobook and an iMovie. I usually use Snapfish or Shutterfly for photobooks, but they don't have Disney themed pages. Any recommendation anyone?

Also, I mentioned before that we are booked on Celebrity Silhouette for the next spring break (out of NJ), 3/29/12. If anyone is interested, they are running a HUGE sale :cool1: (we got $1,200 price reduction yesterday :yay:).

Deb T. - did your daughter have a wedding yet? I hope everything went (or will go) well ! :goodvibes

Hi Sue, it was great to meet at bars on the Dream. I am happy for you and the boys that you are going on it again next year. We have to skip a year with Disney. Maybe Canada from NY, but it does not look promising with my salary cuts :guilty:.

It was great to meet you also. They featured the Pink Bar on some show on TV and my friends were asking questions about it. I felt very posh and priviledged to have been there. :cloud9:

Thank you also to all the fish extender people. I'm using all the pads and sticky's this summer with everything I have to do. I keep thinking how great it is to have this supply. And seeing the cruise logos on them makes me smile. :)

My new cruise meet thread is a ghost town with only 3 other people checking in.

So far, it's felt more like a personal journal than a cruise meet thread. I post every Sunday when I check to see if there are new posts.

I guess the 3 day threads don't get much action.:sad2: I miss our weekly chatter!

Hi Guys,

I seriously miss all of you. I am looking into the celebr x out of NJ though!!!!

The Dream was just too huge for us, I miss the intimacy and service on the "classic" ships if I am to be honest.

We finally have settled into our house and it is just lovely and a block from the ocean. I am ever so happy. It will be a while before we go on vacation again and I have been looking for something out of Boston or NY.

Hope that all of you are well, miss all the funny chats! Take care everyone. Love Wendy:love:

Hi Guys,

I seriously miss all of you. I am looking into the celebr x out of NJ though!!!!

Love Wendy:love:

Will you join us on 3/29/12 sailing?!? :cloud9: :hug: Wendy, it will be so cool! :woohoo: our roll call there (on CC) is getting busy :thumbsup2

Miss everyone too... :grouphug:

Deb T - how was the wedding?

Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

Oh how I've missed our "chats"! Has anyone else noticed a huge decline in emails after our cruise? ;) :rotfl: (for those of us who have this thread set up to send an instant email whenever someone posts) :)

So much has happened since our cruise, I hardly know where to start!

DD had a wonderful wedding/reception the last weekend of May! She absolutely glowed and we could not have been more proud! :goodvibes It was definitely a whirlwind weekend - extremely busy!!! The event was out-of-town for us (in town for DD and her groom), so that added an extra layer of anxiety of whether or not I could pull the whole thing off without a hitch - - - and not forget to pack something important!!!!! (Thank goodness I'm a master list maker!!!! :rotfl: ) I drive an Expedition, and it was completely full by the time I got everything loaded! All of our guests stayed in the same hotel (where I'd negotiated a significantly reduced rate) since 95% of our guests were from out-of-town or out-of-state, so it was fun running into everyone while we were coming and going. All in all, we felt like everything went smoothly and everyone had a really good time. :woohoo: And, we met DS's girlfriend for the very first time, which was great. (Maybe there will be another wedding in my future??? Oh please, oh please, oh please! :) ) All I want now is grandkids, and lots of them! :rotfl2:

DS and his girlfriend passed their state's law bar, so the day after DH and I returned home from the wedding, we flew across the country for the swearing in ceremony! We spent four nights there, getting to know the girlfriend better and enjoying some quality time with DS. :goodvibes We even met the girlfriend's parents and ate two meals with them!!!!! :eek:

My job was eliminated, as expected, mid-June. I'm in limbo right now... there is a very slim possibility that additional funding will come through so that I can have my job back - but it's unlikely and I'm not holding my breath. There is another slim possibility that a gal might retire in August and I could slide into that job, which would be awesome, but this is mostly rumor because she hasn't announced anything. So, I'm enjoying my summer off and trying not to stress out about it. :rolleyes1

Fortunately, last winter we booked and paid for a trip to see DS for his birthday next month, so I'm looking forward to that! :cloud9: The trip worked out to be perfect timing because DS found a temporary job and will be moving that very weekend so we can help! :)

DH and I also have a long weekend booked at WDW in December to see all the holiday offerings (Osborne Light Spectacle, Candlelight Processional, Illuminations with the holiday ending, and Cinderella's Castle in lights). :goodvibes We're using our DVC points for hotel, Disney Rewards Card for meals, and I snagged a great airfare! :yay:

As for cruises... well, that will depend on my job situation. Right now, we have the April 1st 4-night Dream plus two dummy cruises booked. If I continue to be unemployed, we'll look for a cheaper cruise deal sometime during DLC's off season (whenever that is) in place of the April 1st cruise. My dream is to book an overseas itinerary B2B with a repositioning cruise. :lovestruc

So, that's about all the news from my neck of the woods. I do hope everyone will stay in touch on this thread. We're a great group of friends now! :grouphug:

WOW, Deb, you were so busy!
Yes, amount of emails significantly decreased ;), but I was so happy to see the one that popped up from Sue, and then another one from Wendy :grouphug:
I got 7.5% cut to my rate, and that is in addition to 10% cut I got last year.:sad2: We have two reservations on Disney for July and August 2012, but I don't think it would happen :guilty: Hopefully, we will sail in March with X (the price just dropped and, thanks to our TA, we saved $1200 :woohoo:)
Our biggest news - we got a puppy!!!! :love: :scared1: :worship::rolleyes1 :yay: (mixed emotions, lol). She is soooooo cute! but I did not realize that we would have to cancel most of our summer plans, as my heart breaks at the thought of leaving her with strangers at the Kennel. She helps us to ignore the negative (we also lost the best teachers/SW/supportive personnel in our distict, 700 of them....:sad1:) and concentrate on the positive. I she helped me to get over my "addictions" (DIS- and CC), lol, as I just don't have time any more - by the time puppy falls a sleep for a night, we all "crush" :laughing: I would say it is much easier to have a baby then a puppy :cutie:
Hope everyone's weather is finally "summerish". Enjoy the summer!
:grouphug:
Y.

Oooooh -- hi everyone!!! Really miss you guys, it was so nice to see new posts (I only check once in a while, no email notifications).

Deb -- glad to hear the wedding was wonderful. Sad that it didn't work out about your job, but hopefully something will come along soon.

Yelena -- I wish we could join you on X next March. As it is we cancelled our DCL cruise to Canada. We're going to head to Virginia for some history for DH (Old colonial Williamsburg, etc) and then up to Ocean City, MD to join family for a couple of days at the beach. At least that's the plan so far. I'm really looking into heading to WDW sometime next November/Dec for a long weekend to enjoy the Christmas festivities with the Mouse. I've been getting discount PIN codes like crazy then past 2 years and hopefully that will carry through to next year so we can get a great deal. Our next cruise will probably be on RCL in 2013. Is there any way you could post that pic of our group here or email me a link?? I never did get on the FB page. Congrats on your new 'baby'. Puppies sure are a lot of work and it's so hard to leave them when they're small. Our 'puppy' is 4 years old now and finally has adjusted to his 'vacations' at the kennel.

Sue -- congrats on booking your next Dream cruise. Wish I had been able to join the girls on one of the nights out --boy did that cruise fly by, didn't it??

Wendy -- glad to hear you're all settled in your new home. I too thought the Dream was too big -- at least it's too big for Disney to give the great service like on the older ships. I really loved our Wonder cruise.

To everyone else, have a magical summer and hope to hear from you soon...

Hey all!
Love seeing the updates and really miss "talking" with you all...
We thought we would have to cancel off the Dream cruise April 1, 2012 because Asia's school spring break is not the same as Connor's but my parents are throwing caution to the wind and taking her out of school so that we can keep the date!! So excited and we have been telling DH about what to expect. He is still skeptical.
Enjoying my summer break. DH and I went to Turks & Caicos (Grace Bay) to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. I highly recommend Turks & Caicos...beautiful! Connor went to Austin, Tx to compete in Nationals (Tae kwon do)...he won the silver in Point Sparring and our school won 1st in Forms and 1st in Point Sparring! So exciting!! My in-laws had a great time and now want to go every year! Connor is now working really hard for his Black Belt test on August 28th! And I started taking Tae Kwon Do...it is really hard! My legs & butt are killing me!!!
We are headed back to WDW for a week at Thanksgiving with my parents & Asia, plus a bunch of relatives on my Mom's side. Looking forward to spending the holidays with Mickey again...
Congratulations to everyone on all they have going on...weddings, houses, new puppy (love the pics on FB)...miss chatting/planning for the cruise...
Have a wonderful summer!!!!!!
Debbie

Hi Debbie!!!!!! Hooray for Connor -- that's so awesome :thumbsup2. And congrats to you too for starting Tae Kwon Do -- it's great exercise :yay:.

I am having serious WDW withdrawls -- I really want to go back soon and I'm thinking maybe next fall. We'll see how finances are at that time. I've been hanging out on the boards, planning phantom vacations -- I can dream, right??

Hi Everyone, I know it has been a while. I started feeling wistful about our group so I came here and caught up a bit. I have not been on the boards in months. Had a really busy summer and had guests visiting all but one week! I won't make that mistake again! I am really wishing I had something booked but know that I can't just yet because we just bought a new house and took a huge hit selling our old one. I have been researching celebrity out of New Jersey, thanks Yelena!

Just wondering, has anyone heard, have they ironed out the service on the Dream yet? Those poor cast members looked whipped and panicked at times, the ones around us at least. Just wondered if they had gotten a better handle on staffing yet. I wonder if I just like the smaller ships better with not sooooo many people.

Miss chatting with all of you and hearing about what you are doing. Still use a lot of the FE gifts and have to smile when I see them. Let me just say it was a pleasure getting to know you all and I appreciated the many hours I spent in such good company. I wish all of you the best, I suspect someday soon they will delete our thread but I just wanted you all to know it was an honor meeting you.

Best wishes to you and yours. Wendy:flower3:

Hi Everyone, I know it has been a while. I started feeling wistful about our group so I came here and caught up a bit. I have not been on the boards in months. Had a really busy summer and had guests visiting all but one week! I won't make that mistake again! I am really wishing I had something booked but know that I can't just yet because we just bought a new house and took a huge hit selling our old one. I have been researching celebrity out of New Jersey, thanks Yelena!

Just wondering, has anyone heard, have they ironed out the service on the Dream yet? Those poor cast members looked whipped and panicked at times, the ones around us at least. Just wondered if they had gotten a better handle on staffing yet. I wonder if I just like the smaller ships better with not sooooo many people.

Miss chatting with all of you and hearing about what you are doing. Still use a lot of the FE gifts and have to smile when I see them. Let me just say it was a pleasure getting to know you all and I appreciated the many hours I spent in such good company. I wish all of you the best, I suspect someday soon they will delete our thread but I just wanted you all to know it was an honor meeting you.

Best wishes to you and yours. Wendy:flower3:

Hi Wendy and Everyone Else! :wave2:

I'm keeping up on the boards, but more as a lurker right now and rarely posting.

Job cutbacks ended up forcing me down to working only one day a week, which I am very bummed about because I loved my job. :sad1: I keep hoping extra funding will come through to reinstate my position, but so far nothing. We're still hanging on to the April 1-4, 2012 cruise until final payment is due in case a miracle comes through. If not, we'll move it to a cheaper sailing date. Still also have 2 dummy bookings for the future... :)

Not much else is new in the Deb T. world. I miss our chats. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter