April 2017 Car Rentals

Just got a full size at budget for $259, 29-10th. I'd love Alamo to drop rates, hopefully they will soon.

I just rebooked our emerald aisle for $409 all in, over the dreaded Easter week (9 day rental). Pretty happy, relatively speaking, as it has dropped over $150 since initial booking.

Just reserved at Alamo. Van for April 29-May 6 (1 week plus 1 day) $276, this is with the insiders discount and $25 off coupon code.

Just a heads up for anyone with an Annual Pass.....it gives a better discount at Alamo than the Insider discount.

Dollar had some downward movement, April 29 - May 6, $188 all in, mid size (corolla). This is $10 more than the EZ car rental I have, but I've never used EZ and would prefer Dollar. Alamo is still very high.

Edited to add: I clicked on their "check for city special" button .

When I started this hunt several months ago my minivan for April 23rd to May 2nd was $363. Over the past week the Alamo rates has dropped dramatically. Just rebooked for $247 using the pass holder code and the $25 coupon. Will keep checking until I check in online.

I am at $167.58 with $25 coupon and AP discount for 4/23 to 5/3 for a "sporty" vehicle with Alamo.I booked that on March 6th. I really would prefer a compact since that is what I drive at home .....goal is a compact for around $150.00. Of course I will be happy with what I have now....but love "playing the game" !!

alamo has spc offer i just found, they pick the car compact or larger. just booked didnt pay thou 237. can pay and it would be 226. i got thrifty rez i booked in November that is 207 but to skip the lines and counter Im Alamo bound...

Just rebooked AGAIN, and my Emerald Aisle is down to $375 - only $75 over what I had originally budgeted for Easter week, 9 days. Will keep watching, but satisfied with where we are if it doesn't go any lower.

My rates are creeping back up again now that I am two weeks out. I will keep looking but I wonder if I have seen the low already.

I keep checking but for my dates (4/21 - 4/29) I think I hit rock bottom with $145 all in for a full-size from Thrifty. And that was with no coupon, just their City Special. I am totally happy with that, don't get me wrong, but gotta keep looking, just in case! :teeth:

Well we arrived Friday (Ft. Myers), my husband thought he did the bypass the counter (Alamo) but didn't. So we went inside, upgraded $100 more ($650ish now) for a 8 seat van. Get outside and they couldn't find one.

So they said they were going to upgrade us to a full size extra long SUV for no cost. Yippee.

They come out with an expedition which seats 8 but like the traverse they update us to 2 yrs ago there was no room for luggage or beach gear.

The 7 seater van had more room.

So We mentioned that issue and are in a full size SUV for no extra cost.

All I can say is next year we are bypassing the van and getting this. So much room, especially in the back! We aren't packed like sardines with beach chairs at our knees.

The lady at the counter told my sh that they had 600 cars being rented on Friday. Crazy!

On our way to keys in comfort as I type this.

Just a heads up for anyone with an Annual Pass.....it gives a better discount at Alamo than the Insider discount.

Do you have to show your annual pass? We are planning to purchase annual passes right after picking up our car.

I have never been asked and I only have a voucher. Also everyone there has been some movement down at Alamo today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter