April 2022 Anyone?

Was just coming here to post it!
I’m glad I made the change to only do MK the day of the extended hours now. We will for sure do a late day that day.

I’m wondering if I should try to change my CRT reservation. Maybe they’ll add more times now that it’s later. I wonder if the cinderella meeting will be different after the 18th. We are currently going on the 17th

I’m glad I made the change to only do MK the day of the extended hours now. We will for sure do a late day that day.

I’m wondering if I should try to change my CRT reservation. Maybe they’ll add more times now that it’s later. I wonder if the cinderella meeting will be different after the 18th. We are currently going on the 17th

Yeah, I assumed these would be the hours and when I was looking at our dates, I realized I'm going to have to NOT rope drop Epcot on the 21st, since we'll be at MK very late on the 20th. Fortunately we have other Epcot days and we need to rest sometime, so I'm going to let the family sleep in!

Yeah, I assumed these would be the hours and when I was looking at our dates, I realized I'm going to have to NOT rope drop Epcot on the 21st, since we'll be at MK very late on the 20th. Fortunately we have other Epcot days and we need to rest sometime, so I'm going to let the family sleep in!
We are going to Epcot on the 21st too! I had planned to rope drop as well 😂. I don’t know if we will be able to. We have a brunch at Topolino’s that day (1150 am). So I was thinking about just going back to the hotel and taking a nap after that lol. I guess we will see how our 5 year old feels.

We are going to Epcot on the 21st too! I had planned to rope drop as well 😂. I don’t know if we will be able to. We have a brunch at Topolino’s that day (1150 am). So I was thinking about just going back to the hotel and taking a nap after that lol. I guess we will see how our 5 year old feels.

Maybe we'll see you there (or at MK the night before)!

I had been doing the math - if we stay at MK until 1:00 (not sure they'll make it but I hope so given the benefit of a largely empty park), we won't be in bed until around 2:00. Epcot opens at 8:30, and if we wanted to truly rope drop with the extra hours, we'd probably have to be there by 7:45 at the latest. I just don't think we can make it work. If something has to be sacrificed, it'll be the early Epcot hours (we're already doing the late ones on the Monday).

Maybe we'll see you there (or at MK the night before)!

I had been doing the math - if we stay at MK until 1:00 (not sure they'll make it but I hope so given the benefit of a largely empty park), we won't be in bed until around 2:00. Epcot opens at 8:30, and if we wanted to truly rope drop with the extra hours, we'd probably have to be there by 7:45 at the latest. I just don't think we can make it work. If something has to be sacrificed, it'll be the early Epcot hours (we're already doing the late ones on the Monday).
Yea. That makes sense. Where are you guys staying again? We are at Beach club that day so I thought maybe we could leisurely walk over. I just wanted to rope drop for frozen ever after or Remy

Im a Disney newbie and don’t know what to think of the extended park hours for April 18th! I assume it’s a good thing but it does make the rope dropping or extended MK hours i was planning on much less likely. Ah, there goes one of the Poly benefits, sigh, oh well. But would love to hear more about this change being a good thing to get myself pumped again! :)

Yea. That makes sense. Where are you guys staying again? We are at Beach club that day so I thought maybe we could leisurely walk over. I just wanted to rope drop for frozen ever after or Remy

We're at the Grand Floridian. If I were at the Beach Club, yeah, rope dropping Epcot seems more appealing because you can come in the International Gateway and hit Remy first.

Im a Disney newbie and don’t know what to think of the extended park hours for April 18th! I assume it’s a good thing but it does make the rope dropping or extended MK hours i was planning on much less likely. Ah, there goes one of the Poly benefits, sigh, oh well. But would love to hear more about this change being a good thing to get myself pumped again! :)

Go early to take advantage of the early morning hours, take a break when things get hot/crowded mid-day (especially if you're staying at the Poly - you have easy access to your resort) and come back well rested. Definitely do the extended hours at MK on the 20th, though - it's the best crowd beating advantage there is right now.

Go early to take advantage of the early morning hours, take a break when things get hot/crowded mid-day (especially if you're staying at the Poly - you have easy access to your resort) and come back well rested. Definitely do the extended hours at MK on the 20th, though - it's the best crowd beating advantage there is right now.
11pm to 1am with 6 and 9 year olds is highly unlikely, but I appreciate the input.

I mean I can try but cant really count on it as they’ve never stayed up that late! Also don’t want to sabotage our next day, our HS day.
Ah makes sense. My daughter is a owl. I purposely planned around the day anticipating it would be late. If you can get any part of it, I would try. I hear it’s a great use of the time.

Ah makes sense. My daughter is a owl. I purposely planned around the day anticipating it would be late. If you can get any part of it, I would try. I hear it’s a great use of the time.
Yeah when it was from 9-11, I was pretty confident we could push through it. But 11-1 scares me, haha. Especially for my 6yo. That said, I wish I was going with grandparents who could be with kids in hotel and hubby and i could go! :)

Yeah when it was from 9-11, I was pretty confident we could push through it. But 11-1 scares me, haha. Especially for my 6yo. That said, I wish I was going with grandparents who could be with kids in hotel and hubby and i could go! :)
Lol! My parents are taking us all away next winter recess. My mom was like you can leave the kids with us one night and you guys can go out. Looking forward to it!

We only have 1 though, so I think it’s easier. But I switched things around so we would be doing a late day that day. At least you’ll be able to take advantage of the Epcot one! We are going? We doing a Polynesian/beach club split stay! I’m excited!

11pm to 1am with 6 and 9 year olds is highly unlikely, but I appreciate the input.

Understandable! Our first trip (kids were 8 and 5), I didn't know how far we could push it, but we ended up making it to the end of MVMCP so I figured they could handle a late night as long as we didn't do it every night. Last September we went to the Halloween party and stayed till midnight, then much later than that at the TTC as we waited for an Uber. I'm pretty sure mine can make it till 1:00 but we'll find out!

Ladies and gentlemen, I just need to vent. After four hours of delays, our flight today was cancelled. The earliest flight we could get now is Monday, so at least we still get to go. SW had some IT issues early I think, starting the delays, and then the nail was grounding all flights not already on their way, due to weather. I’m having a wine and got the kids some greasy cheeseburgers.

Not the worst thing in the world, just blah…. On a positive, I played around with genie+ a bit and scored an SDMT ILL, both of which Disney kindly refunded me after the eighth delay pushing us to 9pm arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter