April 2022 Anyone?

We arive the 23rd! I worked on packing for a couple of hours today. I needed to make sure we didn't need to buy any more clothes and that my luggage plan was going to work. Check check!
I’m glad it’s working out ! We are going to be there from the 23rd-30th. I’m trying to decide if we are going to try to do carry on luggage only or check our luggage. It’s a direct flight both ways, so it should be okay, but if we don’t have to wait for it to come around, that’s the faster we can get to the park!

I’m glad it’s working out ! We are going to be there from the 23rd-30th. I’m trying to decide if we are going to try to do carry on luggage only or check our luggage. It’s a direct flight both ways, so it should be okay, but if we don’t have to wait for it to come around, that’s the faster we can get to the I’m really trying my best to do carry-on. I think I will pack a foldable bag so that I can check it on the way back if we need to because of souvenirs. I bought some compression cubes off Amazon (the ones you zip close), so I’m hoping that will help.
Pre covid could have still been tweaking FP+😀
Unfortunately I’ve never experienced FP+… 😅😅 instead I get to stress out practicing genie+

Man, that sucks. Nothing gets a trip off on the wrong foot like a delayed flight

Thanks everyone Hoping this evening’s flight gets us there!

I can’t figure out how to get multi quote to work, but thank you all.

Yes, two weeks until we leave, yay! I spent this morning look through spring and summer clothes to see what we still need, what still fits my son, etc. Bought him some cute and bright shorts today and new sneakers for my husband and myself. Really feels like it's happening now!!

We’re leaving in 11 days eek! First trip and the packing seems really overwhelming, as we’re doing a 3 night cruise first and then 5 nights at parks. 2 adults, 2 kids. Do i just plan on using laundry at some point? Getting anxious about how much to bring!!

We’re leaving in 11 days eek! First trip and the packing seems really overwhelming, as we’re doing a 3 night cruise first and then 5 nights at parks. 2 adults, 2 kids. Do i just plan on using laundry at some point? Getting anxious about how much to bring!!
I don't think you would need laundry for 5 days total unless a major catastrophe happens. It's up to you. If the kids are little, then pack extra basics, but if they are older, not much of a worry.

I always pack for each day plus an extra in either direction for security. In your instance, 7 shirts/shorts, plus tons of underwear and socks. It all depends on your style. If it's not going to be super hot, less sweaty clothing to change. I would pack simply and then alter when you have the weather report.

Jen81NYC, we stayed in a AKL Villa last year and had a washer and dryer in the room, and it really changed my mind about laundry! We'll probably do a load midway through our April trip, even though we won't have laundry in our room this time. Personally, I'd do a load after the cruise to wash any favorite things you might way to re-wear--just gives you more options and then you can all pack a little less! But just my experience/opinion ...

Jen81NYC, we stayed in a AKL Villa last year and had a washer and dryer in the room, and it really changed my mind about laundry! We'll probably do a load midway through our April trip, even though we won't have laundry in our room this time. Personally, I'd do a load after the cruise to wash any favorite things you might way to re-wear--just gives you more options and then you can all pack a little less! But just my experience/opinion ...
I adore doing laundry on vacation. 😂

I don't think you would need laundry for 5 days total unless a major catastrophe happens. It's up to you. If the kids are little, then pack extra basics, but if they are older, not much of a worry.

I always pack for each day plus an extra in either direction for security. In your instance, 7 shirts/shorts, plus tons of underwear and socks. It all depends on your style. If it's not going to be super hot, less sweaty clothing to change. I would pack simply and then alter when you have the weather report.
Thanks! It’s actually 9 days though! We leave Thursday evening, cruise Friday to Monday, then parks on Monday to Saturday. I think it will be pretty hot unfortunately. I feel so rusty packing-wise! Haven’t traveled since 2019

That's insane!!!! On the 1 hand, at least people are being safe in the sun! Good to know so we make sure not to forget.
Now to make sure JetBlue doesn't fool around with my flight in a few days!

That's insane!!!! On the 1 hand, at least people are being safe in the sun! Good to know so we make sure not to forget.
Now to make sure JetBlue doesn't fool around with my flight in a few days!
Hope your flight stays on track!

We did carry on only this trip, and no packed sunscreen other than for the face. I ordered some from Amazon fresh last night and got it this morning; worked out great. WDW is still out today; the cast member at the store said it’s been two days.

Also, I know there are definite known after-7am drops, but wanted to share my morning with Rise of the Resistance. I missed 7am because I got Tower of Terror at that time (I was shown 8:20am, once confirmed it was 9:55am) and when I went back all Rise were gone. I was going to try for the known 7:17am drop, but wouldn’t you know it the WiFi dropped at 7:16am and when I reconnected the app asked for my password and then made me fetch a confirmation code from an email. Really, Disney? As you can guess, the times were gone by the time I got in. So the kids went on RnR at 7:30, and I kept refreshing just in case. Mostly no available ILLs came up, except one late evening that I skipped since there was no way we’d be there. Then miraculously sometime probably 7:37-7:45 one for 9:20am showed up and I got it. I’ve never been so happy to give someone $45. All that to say it may be worthwhile to refresh outside of the known drops if you have the time.

Hope your flight stays on track!

We did carry on only this trip, and no packed sunscreen other than for the face. I ordered some from Amazon fresh last night and got it this morning; worked out great. WDW is still out today; the cast member at the store said it’s been two days.

Also, I know there are definite known after-7am drops, but wanted to share my morning with Rise of the Resistance. I missed 7am because I got Tower of Terror at that time (I was shown 8:20am, once confirmed it was 9:55am) and when I went back all Rise were gone. I was going to try for the known 7:17am drop, but wouldn’t you know it the WiFi dropped at 7:16am and when I reconnected the app asked for my password and then made me fetch a confirmation code from an email. Really, Disney? As you can guess, the times were gone by the time I got in. So the kids went on RnR at 7:30, and I kept refreshing just in case. Mostly no available ILLs came up, except one late evening that I skipped since there was no way we’d be there. Then miraculously sometime probably 7:37-7:45 one for 9:20am showed up and I got it. I’ve never been so happy to give someone $45. All that to say it may be worthwhile to refresh outside of the known drops if you have the time.
Thank you for sharing how it worked for you. Hope the rest of your trip is great!

Thank you for sharing how it worked for you. Hope the rest of your trip is great!
Thanks! Here is a quick note about the rest of the day:

HS was a 5 level, according to Touring Plans.

Refreshing from 9:50 to 10:20 (aside from time actually on ToT), I was not able to get another genie+ LL for any ride my kids wanted until 1:30pm. We were pretty limited in wants- TSM, SDD, Mickey’s railway, Rockin roller coaster. My kids didn’t want to see a show or wait, so we left. Our morning looked like: 7:30 rockin roller coaster rope drop, Smugglers run single rider until our 9:20 RotR, RotR, then ToT at 9:50.

While we were walking out I thought about MK maybe for the evening. I checked and got SDMT for 5:55pm (I was shocked it was available), and then started stacking LLs every two hours. Ultimately, our evening at MK looked like: Space Mountain, SDMT, Winnie the Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Thunder Mountain. We started at 5:40 with Space, and ended around 8:30 getting off Thunder. It was great. Genie+ works well at MK as there are so many rides for people to choose from.

Thanks! Here is a quick note about the rest of the day:

HS was a 5 level, according to Touring Plans.

Refreshing from 9:50 to 10:20 (aside from time actually on ToT), I was not able to get another genie+ LL for any ride my kids wanted until 1:30pm. We were pretty limited in wants- TSM, SDD, Mickey’s railway, Rockin roller coaster. My kids didn’t want to see a show or wait, so we left. Our morning looked like: 7:30 rockin roller coaster rope drop, Smugglers run single rider until our 9:20 RotR, RotR, then ToT at 9:50.

While we were walking out I thought about MK maybe for the evening. I checked and got SDMT for 5:55pm (I was shocked it was available), and then started stacking LLs every two hours. Ultimately, our evening at MK looked like: Space Mountain, SDMT, Winnie the Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Thunder Mountain. We started at 5:40 with Space, and ended around 8:30 getting off Thunder. It was great. Genie+ works well at MK as there are so many rides for people to choose from.
Thanks for the info! I'm so nervous about using Genie+ to it's full advantage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter