April 2022 Anyone?

Thanks for the info! I'm so nervous about using Genie+ to it's full advantage.
It does feel like you need to stay and keep getting rides or shows you may not want or for times later / earlier than you want to be there once you pay for genie+. That is mostly why I ended up looking into MK for the evening, feeling bad I paid for it for what was really one ride at HS. We are going to AK this evening and I got FoP for it, but didn’t buy genie+. The only things my kids would want to do is dinosaur and the Safari since Everest is closed, and I was just not feeling like paying another $45 for genie+ for that. We may wait in standby, or simply have a short AK visit.

Thanks! Here is a quick note about the rest of the day:

HS was a 5 level, according to Touring Plans.

Refreshing from 9:50 to 10:20 (aside from time actually on ToT), I was not able to get another genie+ LL for any ride my kids wanted until 1:30pm. We were pretty limited in wants- TSM, SDD, Mickey’s railway, Rockin roller coaster. My kids didn’t want to see a show or wait, so we left. Our morning looked like: 7:30 rockin roller coaster rope drop, Smugglers run single rider until our 9:20 RotR, RotR, then ToT at 9:50.

While we were walking out I thought about MK maybe for the evening. I checked and got SDMT for 5:55pm (I was shocked it was available), and then started stacking LLs every two hours. Ultimately, our evening at MK looked like: Space Mountain, SDMT, Winnie the Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Thunder Mountain. We started at 5:40 with Space, and ended around 8:30 getting off Thunder. It was great. Genie+ works well at MK as there are so many rides for people to choose from.

Thanks for all the real world info. This is helpful to see how things actually work. I do test runs from home, but I'm not constantly refreshing so I don't know what it's like being there with Genie+ yet (but I'll find out soon).

Just a note - you mention TP calling DHS a 5 level. I'm not sure what day you were there, but I've been checking the historical crowd calendar and they've underestimated DHS a lot lately (all the parks, really, but DHS most of all). Crowds this past week have been 7, 8 or 9 in practice, despite what they had predicted. Sounds like you did good considering the actual levels there.

Thanks for all the real world info. This is helpful to see how things actually work. I do test runs from home, but I'm not constantly refreshing so I don't know what it's like being there with Genie+ yet (but I'll find out soon).

Just a note - you mention TP calling DHS a 5 level. I'm not sure what day you were there, but I've been checking the historical crowd calendar and they've underestimated DHS a lot lately (all the parks, really, but DHS most of all). Crowds this past week have been 7, 8 or 9 in practice, despite what they had predicted. Sounds like you did good considering the actual levels there.
I’m glad it’s helpful! Others may have better luck at HS, I was a bit bummed that we did three rides, but that is also because we didn’t want to see shows or have large waits between rides. And really, one of the three we went through a few times so that was good - smuggler’s run (millennium falcon) single rider line is really great if you don’t need to be with your party. Obviously won’t work with small children, though.

It does feel like you need to stay and keep getting rides or shows you may not want or for times later / earlier than you want to be there once you pay for genie+. That is mostly why I ended up looking into MK for the evening, feeling bad I paid for it for what was really one ride at HS. We are going to AK this evening and I got FoP for it, but didn’t buy genie+. The only things my kids would want to do is dinosaur and the Safari since Everest is closed, and I was just not feeling like paying another $45 for genie+ for that. We may wait in standby, or simply have a short AK visit.
Thanks for the info!. We aren't planning to get genie+ everyday we are there, but when we do, im thinking I'll just start stacking them from noon on. We aren't planning to do it for epcot or akl. We will see how this works!!!

How are all the April people doing?! Hope the flight issues stop happening and everyone gets where they need to go!

Hey guys! I still need Recreation Activity Calendars for:
  • All Star Music
  • Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Hilton Head Island Resort
  • Wilderness Lodge
If anyone will be at any of those locations, would you please take a picture of the calendar for me, please? I’d really appreciate it! Thanks guys!! 🤗

Looks like the hours have been updated for the last week of April. Appears to be the same hours that they've been switching to so far all month.

MK: 9 - 11
EP: 8:30 - 9
HS: 8 - 9
AK: 7:30 - 8:30
I just saw that. There goes my plan of 9-11 in MK on 4/27. Not sure I can hang until 1am to ride Space Mountain et al. Really doesn't make the "extra evening hours for deluxe guests" worth it.

Trying to go into our trip with an attitude of "we're healthy, we're here together and not at work/school". Hopefully we can just roll with whatever comes our way with wait times and ILL/Genie availability.

I just saw that. There goes my plan of 9-11 in MK on 4/27. Not sure I can hang until 1am to ride Space Mountain et al. Really doesn't make the "extra evening hours for deluxe guests" worth it.

Trying to go into our trip with an attitude of "we're healthy, we're here together and not at work/school". Hopefully we can just roll with whatever comes our way with wait times and ILL/Genie availability.
Right there with you. Extra evening hours are void for us at MK now. Third world problems I know but dang!

Hey guys! I still need Recreation Activity Calendars for:
  • All Star Music
  • Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Hilton Head Island Resort
  • Wilderness Lodge
If anyone will be at any of those locations, would you please take a picture of the calendar for me, please? I’d really appreciate it! Thanks guys!! 🤗
I’ll be at ASMu Thursday and I’ll snap a pic if no one else does.

We won't arrive until the afternoon on 4/23. I would like to go to HS after 2pm that afternoon - can I hop there if I don't have a morning reservation that I have tapped into at another park?

We won't arrive until the afternoon on 4/23. I would like to go to HS after 2pm that afternoon - can I hop there if I don't have a morning reservation that I have tapped into at another park?
No you will need a reservation at another park and tap into that park before hopping to HS.

I’m almost positive you need to tap into the first park

Just got back from long weekend and the weather was amazing. Started getting hot at the end, but the beginning was great. Normally we are soaked from sweat. If you are able, use the early morning entry and extended evening hours. We took naps in middle of the day. The nights were rough because we all go to bed "early" but the wait times dropped tremendously.

Everyone enjoy your April trips!

No you will need a reservation at another park and tap into that park before hopping to HS.

I’m almost positive you need to tap into the first park
Thanks for the information!

Since we will have been up since 3:30 that morning and are staying at BWV I think the easiest thing to do is to go to Epcot and ride some things there and see the sights of F&G and just get acclimated for our week ahead. We have two other days of reservations for HS (plus PH) so we will plan to get everything done on those days if possibe.

Looks like the hours have been updated for the last week of April. Appears to be the same hours that they've been switching to so far all month.

MK: 9 - 11
EP: 8:30 - 9
HS: 8 - 9
AK: 7:30 - 8:30
Yep, they just pulled the rug out under our extended hours tonight, found out after having decided to sleep in because of the extended hours.

Yes, just got home last night. Bus drivers reminded everyone and checked. No masks on boats or Skyliners...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter