April 23, 2023 - 6-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral (Castaway, Cozumel, Costa Maya)

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
Just starting a thread for the April 23-29 cruise on the Fantasy. Can't wait!

I'm looking to get a Palo brunch reservation on Day 3 for two people for our wedding anniversary... if anyone is planning to drop theirs, I'd love the chance to grab it! I know it's not likely, but I'm putting it out into the universe because you never know.

Last night (Fri), I was thinking about booking this cruise. There were rooms available. But, today (Sat) it is not even showing up on the website! Sold out?

ETA: I just checked again today and it is now showing. Lots of balcony cabins available but no window cabins at all. Wonder why it keeps changing?

Last edited:

Meeeeeeeee tooooooooooooooo. But I'm so nervous about such a big trip with a 2.5 year old who has recently found his sassy pants that it's muting my excitement a little. LOL.

So this is my first cruise and I have questions....can I bug you guys as I think of them? :-)

Is there an official "formal night" on the cruise? If so, do we know what night that will be?
Has anyone done a session at the portrait studio? My folks are celebrating 55 years and I was thinking this might be a nice way to formally remember the occasion...
Do we have to wait until we're on the ship wifi to find out activity schedules and stuff? I'm struggling with my "pre-plan every aspect of a WDW vacation" brain - ha!

I'm sure I'll think of more questions but these are the ones at the top of mind. Thank you!!!

Yes! There will be a formal night.. which by the way, you can dress up as formal as you want or casual, it’s not mandatory… I am not sure they don’t do too many 69 ceilings I can tell you it is not the first night nor the last night… you won’t be able to see what the activities are until you get to the port and are able to access the ships Wi-Fi. It will put everything on your DCL app. If it makes you feel any better I am a major planner but the great thing is is you’ll be able to see every single day once you get on board the ship up at the top you can change the day of sailing so you’ll be able to see what’s playing on funnel vision and in the movie theater and then will Disney world theater as well as see all the menus see kids activities so you’ll be able to do that once you get on board you can put hearts by things and it will pop up reminding you that the activity like this coming up soon… I don’t think you should have any problem booking a formal photo session for your parents just know that there is pretty much every night before the dinners a bunch of photo areas set up so you can do pictures there too! Sorry I voice text so if everything’s bunch together I apologize if you have anymore questions that I can try to help you with let me know!

Yes! There will be a formal night.. which by the way, you can dress up as formal as you want or casual, it’s not mandatory… I am not sure they don’t do too many 69 ceilings I can tell you it is not the first night nor the last night… you won’t be able to see what the activities are until you get to the port and are able to access the ships Wi-Fi. It will put everything on your DCL app. If it makes you feel any better I am a major planner but the great thing is is you’ll be able to see every single day once you get on board the ship up at the top you can change the day of sailing so you’ll be able to see what’s playing on funnel vision and in the movie theater and then will Disney world theater as well as see all the menus see kids activities so you’ll be able to do that once you get on board you can put hearts by things and it will pop up reminding you that the activity like this coming up soon… I don’t think you should have any problem booking a formal photo session for your parents just know that there is pretty much every night before the dinners a bunch of photo areas set up so you can do pictures there too! Sorry I voice text so if everything’s bunch together I apologize if you have anymore questions that I can try to help you with let me know!
Thank you so much for all this info! Definitely puts my planning mind at ease. We're so excited!

I'll be on this cruise, too.::MickeyMo Excited for everybody!
It's my first Disney cruise, too. Thanks for all the tips.

I was surprised that I had no problems whatsoever doing the online check in. None of the technical glitches I've been reading about on the boards. How did y'all fare with the check in process?

I booked Royal Gathering and went to bed, then did the rest the next day with no issues. We are taking Disney bus, so no pressure for a good PAT. I was still assigned BG 4 at 11:30 but I don't think it matters or counts, right?

Now just trying to get Palo brunch on day 3 and also wondering if I can make my couples massage 50 min instead of 75. The 50 is sold out :/

I waited until about 730 am and got a PAT around 11 but we are taking a Disney bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter