April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about the possibility of having the October Hawaii cruise becoming part of our shirt order. The problems are we would have to drop the date from the shirt as the shirt company would only do it as one order if we use the exact same material. Also, the orders would have to be combined, meaning all the orders would have to go in at the same time. I doubt if people on an October cruise would want to pay for shirts they will wear in October in December. I also don't know if the shirt company would be willing to ship to two different addresses.

I think I'll send a note off to the shirt company and see if they have any ideas and interest. Maybe it would get us something.

I am going to switch to the October cruise. I would rather go in April but I am afraid that my husband won't get the vacation time off and we would have to cancel altogether. In October, he will have been at work for longer than a year and we can ask for the time off a year in advance. Plus the payment terms are better and won't compromise Christmas.

I would love to order shirts and yardage for October without the dates on it. I would be willing to order in December as well.

good grief.....I haven't checked in for about 2 weeks....new thread, 60 pages, and LOTS of stuff....so, here we go.....

Spent Labor Day Weekend in P-Town on Cape Cod...beautiful. I so love that town. We were supposed to meet up with friends Bob & Dale, but due to family issues that didn't happen :(

Then off to WDW for 11 days, the pin event, then 9 days of me and hunny just playing in the parks!! WOO HOO!!!

Now, school is doing ok...a bit more than I expected, so I may just pop on once in a while (this class is more involved then I was lead to believe).

Then in Oct, a weekend at WDW, then the Dream in Nov!!!

To comment on other posts:
Val - keep the shirts the way they are - I like that they are specific to our cruise!

Alex - I am getting one for Michael - please don't let him know...my suprise for him.

Disnanny - you asked about making your reservation window while onboard a different cruise. NO guest services most likely can not help you, nor will the port adventures desk, different ship - no access to that info also they can only see the current cruise they are on - they don't get the next cruise until the day before debarkation which is why the internet is so horribly slow that day. A suggestion - at the internet cafe the access to the Disney Cruise line is free - see if someone can check a reservation while onboard and do it that way. If you are sharing a cabin with a platinum and THEY make the reservation for Palo (or Remy?) they can list you as a guest, but can not make your reservations for spa stuff (new cruisers - yes they can! Bizarre) My hunny is going on her first DCL cruise in Nov, I am able to make port excursion choices for her but she can't make them herself...go figure. Just linked cabins - doesn't work - each cabin has to have ONE platinum member in it in order to utilize that window. And linked cabins EACH has to have a Palo reservation in order to go to dinner. When onboard it can be done by number of people attending but online - gotta have individual reservations.

I hope some of this helps!!

Glad to see the new thread....

Cayla

Pete and Faith - we agree with you, lots of friends on this cruise!

Cayla - good luck with the class!

I am going to switch to the October cruise. I would rather go in April but I am afraid that my husband won't get the vacation time off and we would have to cancel altogether. In October, he will have been at work for longer than a year and we can ask for the time off a year in advance. Plus the payment terms are better and won't compromise Christmas.

I would love to order shirts and yardage for October without the dates on it. I would be willing to order in December as well.

I heard back from the shirt company. Unless we would want to make our shirts generic, remove the Inaugural text and date, we can't add the two order counts together. They would be required to make two separate screens if there is any change in the design.

I have been corresponding with someone on the October cruise and offered to help them with setting up a shirt order, if they are interested. I suggested they might want to change the background color, in addition to the text at the bottom, so it is more unique to their cruise.

The DCL website has our cruise sold out so I couldn't get a rate. However, on VacationsToGo it listed our cruise as available with the lowest balcony rate of $4950. It indicates the October cruise rate "reduced again", all categories available and the lowest balcony is $3,080. I couldn't get an October cruise even indicated on the DCL site.

We have no intention of changing to October, just found it interesting that there is already a lack of interest when our cruise was such a hot product.

I'm sticking with this cruise. Lots of old friends to catch up with and the opportunity to make new friends. I'm so excited about this cruise!!! Only about 7 months to go!!!

Is LAX the closest airport to the pier?

It isn't the closest but it is the largest. If anyone is considering going out of Long Beach I want to warn you, you don't want to spend any length of time waiting there. The commerical airline portion is small and has no gates to wait at. The small terminal has no chairs. There is a restuarant that is pretty nice but you can't spend hours in a restuarant. Outside there are tables, some with umbrellas, but sitting outside for hours isn't great either.

John Wayne, in Orange County, is pretty nice and large, but not as large at LA. We fly into that when going to Disneyland.

Of course if you are flying in your own plane there are other choices, Torrance is the closest but doesn't have commerical flights.

Technically, Long Beach is closer but San Pedro is serviced by LAX, Burbank, John Wayne too. All w/in a 35 mile radius.

It isn't the closest but it is the largest. If anyone is considering going out of Long Beach I want to warn you, you don't want to spend any length of time waiting there. The commerical airline portion is small and has no gates to wait at. The small terminal has no chairs. There is a restuarant that is pretty nice but you can't spend hours in a restuarant. Outside there are tables, some with umbrellas, but sitting outside for hours isn't great either.

John Wayne, in Orange County, is pretty nice and large, but not as large at LA. We fly in to that when going to Disneyland.

Of course if you are flying in our own plane there are other choices, Torrance is the close but doesn't have commerial flights.
Thanks!

I want to rent a car on the islands. Does anyone know which companies are near the ports?

Hey, Monica, you were in one of my dreams last night. :cloud9:As were most of my relatives, and some of the people I work with at DCL.:3dglasses:....I can't remember what it was all about now, but when I woke up this morning, it was so vivid.....and it made absolutely NO sense! But I do know we were all on vacation somewhere.....I need a vacation!:beach:

I want to rent a car on the islands. Does anyone know which companies are near the ports?

We are going to rent a car too, because Patrick can't get on any of the excursion buses.......but I wonder if there's a private tour that we could check up on?

Hi fellow cruisers!

Final decision has been made - we're staying on this cruise rather than changing to the October sailing.

We know for sure we'll be using Southwest Airlines, flying into Milwaukee the day we get off the ship. It looks like we'll be stopping &/or changing planes in either Denver or Phoenix. I've never been to either of these airports so have no idea as to terminal size/layouts. I don't love spending a huge amount of time on a layover but that is highly preferred over having to run from one gate to another. For those of you familiar with these airports, would you consider 50 minutes "plenty" of time to debark, use the airport restrooms, and get to our spot in line for our 2nd leg before boarding commences? If not, how much time would you recommend as a minimum? We (I, LOL!) don't do travel stress well... the easier I can make the logistics, the better our traveling harmony. :-)

Secondly, I know DCL will be offering ground transportation to LAX and I know LAX is quite a bit closer than John Wayne/Orange County, but are there good reasons to choose SNA over LAX?

I'd greatly appreciate any info/advice you can throw my way.

Thanks so much,
debg

What islands are you thinking of?

I have read online... that a some of the car rental companies will bring a shuttle to the port and pick you up.

As of this morning VGC has no Studios for the night of 4/28.

I know! :mad: DH and I tried to rent points for a studio, but it did not work out. We have tried to rent points for our past few trips, and it has yet to happen. I am working on getting DH to actually buy points, hopefully I can warm him up by the time we sail.

We are going to rent a car too, because Patrick can't get on any of the excursion buses.......but I wonder if there's a private tour that we could check up on?

DH and I are using all private tours, as he cannot get into the busses either. If you are interested in splitting something, just send me a PM!

We would be interested in joining a group that is renting a van on the islands. My husband has difficuty walking long distances. We did this on the Med cruise and it worked out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter