Aprincess72 Wedding TR! SBP/Raglan Road/Illuminations DP -Complete! Photo link added!

I took a ton of ideas from these boards! That's why I just love it here!!!

I'm already starting to think about what we'll do for our vow renewal!!!

subscribing!

You gave me a ton of fantastic ideas...especially the picture with all the guests wearing Mickey Ears.

And I'm going to start searching for the "Happily Ever After" T-shirt!

I haven't seen the Happily Ever After Shirt in awhile! I was just at DTD last night and at the outlet on Monday. However, I see they just got some super cute "Where Dreams come True" shirts.
I might go back over tonight or tomorrow so I'll take a picture!

You and your DH both looked amazing. I really enjoyed reading your TR. You two seem to be a very fun couple. And I have to agree with everyone else, when you mentioned your age, I couldn't believe it, you look much younger!

Its photo shoot morning! Two of my best friends are hair dressers and they did my hair for the wedding. I couldn’t possibly ask them to get up at 4 am to do it again so I just did it myself. I have a ton of hair and I tried to curl it but that just takes forever! I’m not that picky about it anyway!
I think I put my veil in wrong for my photo shoot but oh well!!!
Our photographer Ty called about 5:30 and said if we could be there a few minutes early it would be helpful. Sure… no problem! I was anxious to get there! The best part of the morning was DH & I trying to figure out how to get my dress on! I really had no idea how all those straps underneath really worked!

We walked through the streets of POFQ in the early morning. It was so nice and quiet! There were bunnies running around everywhere! I think it’s such a romantic place!! Ty pulled in right after we made it to the lobby. Off to the MK!

DH and I were engaged on the PeopleMover as some of you have read in my planning thread. I had requested ahead of time to have our pictures done there and forfeited the carousel in MK. When I made the request to Rosie she thought it was so funny! She called MK and they thought it was funny too and said they had never heard of anyone getting engaged there before. They were happy to oblige my request so we got approval to do it!

Our photo shoot was the morning after the last grad night. There was still a bus or two pulling out as we came into the MK. We drove through the back gate and right into Tomorrowland! I thought it was so cool to drive through MK! We pulled up to the PeopleMover and two of the managers of the ride met us there to take us up. We walked up to the cars and they asked which car number we got engaged in. UGH! I had no idea! They were going to pull it around so we could have our pictures made in the same car. I wish I had noticed but I think I was too busy staring at my ring and DH that night! Anyway, they had positioned the cars so the castle was perfectly set in the background. AWESOME! I was so excited I was bebopping all over. DH was not quite awake yet! We did several fun poses with me looking surprised as DH shows me the ring. I love love love the pictures. They are so much fun!!!

After that we headed over to the castle. There was another bride at the back of the castle getting portraits at the same time. They don’t normally do that but Ty said Disney had to cancel on her for some reason so they did it the same day as us. We never got close enough to see each other though. We took pics in front of the castle, inside, in back, and in the tunnel through. I was having a great time! DH was finally starting to wake up. He thought it was pretty cool going up on the side of the castle. We then rushed over to the Haunted Mansion which I had also requested. I really wanted to do as many unique fun things as we could there. I swear that we took more pictures in MK than are actually on my photo site! I still love them though!

After the HM we headed over to EPCOT. I thought it was pretty cool driving through here too! We did pictures in the UK and then headed over to Italy. I chose them because the flowers looked amazing for the flower festival. At this point I was really regretting not bringing at least a bottle of water with me! I love all the EPCOT pics but we are squinting in a few and DH was still a little sleepy. I was starting to think about the banana stuffed French toast I was going to be having soon! Ty had me do something dorky with my veil and those are the only pics I don’t care for. A few of our Italy pics look like we are really there if you ask me. They are pretty cool!

Originally I had asked my mom to take some pics of us around POFQ when we got back from our photo shoot. By the time we made it back I was really thirsty and really hungry! It was also getting hot and I was ready to get out of my dress!! When we got back I ran into my mom and she and MOH were out scouting where to take pics. UGH! I told her I was just ready to eat and let’s forget it! Boatwright’s banana stuffed French toast was calling my name.
She insisted we do this one shot. My mom takes forever to set up a photo. She spends forever telling you to turn this way, more, less, to the left, to the right… ugh! Anyway as soon as we were about to take the shot a CM walked up and was saying “hello, hello”. I didn’t turn my head since she was about to take the stupid picture and so he leaned in and put his head right in front of me still going “hello, hello”. LOL! It was hysterical. My mom was so mad. Here’s the one picture we got:
P1010500.jpg

I’m ready to get out of the dress and get to my French toast. I get back to the room and DH says he can’t change until we do one more picture. He brought his replica of Nick Fury’s gun so he could do this:
PictureS105.jpg

He’s a little crazy if you haven’t noticed!

So we headed over to breakfast with my mom, aunt & uncle, and MOH.
MOH & I pre-french toast!
P1010508.jpg

After breakfast we walked back to FQ and MOH was heading home. I was so sad she was leaving!!! I got all teary eyed because I started to realize it was all already over! I didn’t want it to be! It went by sooo fast!

Our last picture:
P1010517.jpg

Or so I thought…
We packed up and loaded the car. Then I was informed that we had a few more photo opportunities before we could leave. Well I should say DH had a few more opportunities:
PictureS119.jpg

PictureS117.jpg

We headed home to get ready to go to Disneyland the next day!!!
Woohoo!

Here they are.... THE PICTURES! ENJOY!
http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings
Username: Higginbotham / Bobbit Wedding
Password: 1971

Disneyland honeymoon TR soon to come!

looking at all your pictures makes me really want an MK photo shoot when/if I ever have a DFTW!

you guys look so cute together!
congrats again :goodvibes

Just found your TR - I love it! Thanks so much for sharing such great pictures & tips!

You and your DH make a very beautiful couple. If you had half the fun that it looks like you did, then you must have had an amazing time!

Best wishes to both of you for a very happy life together. :goodvibes

I absolutely adore the People Mover Pics and all the others- they were wonderful!! Thanks for sharing your album!

WOW - your pictures are absolutely beautiful! You must be thrilled with them. Looking forward to reading your honeymoon trip report from Disneyland! Best wishes and congratulations to you both. :)

Beautiful pics! I had no idea you could do a two-park photo shoot! Looked like you guys had a lot of fun.

Enjoyed reading your report. Am looking forward to the DL installment!

Love, love, love your MK and Epcot photo shoot pics. they are wonderful! I was having second thoughts about our shoot in August but I am definatly excited now. I think I may call Rosie and see if I can request Ty.

Hey, I noticed your maiden name was Higginbotham... I used to work real estate and worked with a woman here in Tn with that last name-- its not common at all from around here and shes actually from out of state... do you have any relatives around here? Her name was Charlotte, I do believe and her family owned a heating and air business...

WOW-- i just took a look at your MK and Epcot photos and those are amazing... I LOVE the Epcot photos -- id never seen anyone do that before. Such a great idea-- and I think you and your DH are bringing the people mover back with class! Anyone who has been to Disney knows all about the people mover. How much extra was it for you to get Epcot along with the MK?

Your making me want to go back before our 1 yr anniversary and get the MK photo shoot now (or maybe Epcot..:scratchin )

Hey, I noticed your maiden name was Higginbotham... I used to work real estate and worked with a woman here in Tn with that last name-- its not common at all from around here and shes actually from out of state... do you have any relatives around here? Her name was Charlotte, I do believe and her family owned a heating and air business...

It's actually a more common name than people realize. It's a Northern English name so you will find lots of them throughout the Southeast with all the Scottish / English settlements. Here in Florida there are tons of us!

I used to live up your way years ago. I lived in Johnson City, TN for awhile and over in NC near Boone. Then I ran off to Nashville for a few years too!

WOW-- i just took a look at your MK and Epcot photos and those are amazing... I LOVE the Epcot photos -- id never seen anyone do that before. Such a great idea-- and I think you and your DH are bringing the people mover back with class! Anyone who has been to Disney knows all about the people mover. How much extra was it for you to get Epcot along with the MK?

Your making me want to go back before our 1 yr anniversary and get the MK photo shoot now (or maybe Epcot..:scratchin )

I have always LOVED the PeopleMover! I refuse to call it by that other name!

My charge for MK & Epcot together was $1225. I believe you get a discount for doing them together. If I recall from the wishbook MK was $800 and Epcot was $550 I think. I got a really sweet bonus this year so I tacked on the Epcot shoot. There are so many possibilities there. We had more time but I was so hungry that when Ty asked me what else we wanted to do I just said "that's good enough!". Next time I'm taking water and a granola bar!

It's actually a more common name than people realize. It's a Northern English name so you will find lots of them throughout the Southeast with all the Scottish / English settlements. Here in Florida there are tons of us!

I used to live up your way years ago. I lived in Johnson City, TN for awhile and over in NC near Boone. Then I ran off to Nashville for a few years too!

Wow-- very close! I was helping this "Higginbotham" sell one of her homes in Knoxville.

Thats such a great price for both photo shoots-- especially when you consider what the price just hiked up to be. Those photos are amazing-- i really like the variety you got from Epcot.

Thank you so much for posting your photos. They are gorgeous!!! It just seems that everything was so perfect for you. I am sooo sad that yout TR is over... I have had such a blast reading it! Please post more from your Disneyland trip!

Thank you so much for posting your photos. They are gorgeous!!! It just seems that everything was so perfect for you. I am sooo sad that yout TR is over... I have had such a blast reading it! Please post more from your Disneyland trip!

That's so sweet of you! I had fun writing it!
I'm going to sacrifice cleaning the kitchen and start on my TR right now! teehee!

In a few week's I will get to write my birthday trip report too!!!

I am SOOO enjoying reading this!! You and DH seem so much like my DF and myself. We just enjoy being silly and goofy and ourselves, not all this serious, traditional wedding junk :) I'm only on page 4, but I had some questions that I didn't want to forget.

1. Where did you get that black t-shirt that you're wearing in some of the earlier pictures. I couldn't see what the whole thing said, but it looked like a fairytale quote.
2. Do you happen to know where your mother got her dress? My mom has been searching FOREVER for something to wear that's dressier than church clothes, but not eveningwear. I think she would like that one!
3. Did you supply all the decorations for the cake table? I wasn't sure how this worked. We are having a custom, so it might be different, but I just wondered because it looked fabulous!
4. Did you get your mickey ears for your guests in bulk somewhere? What a cute idea! If we can find them cheap, maybe we'll do them for our wedding party :)

I think that was it. Now I'll go keep reading!

I am SOOO enjoying reading this!! You and DH seem so much like my DF and myself. We just enjoy being silly and goofy and ourselves, not all this serious, traditional wedding junk :) I'm only on page 4, but I had some questions that I didn't want to forget.

1. Where did you get that black t-shirt that you're wearing in some of the earlier pictures. I couldn't see what the whole thing said, but it looked like a fairytale quote.
2. Do you happen to know where your mother got her dress? My mom has been searching FOREVER for something to wear that's dressier than church clothes, but not eveningwear. I think she would like that one!
3. Did you supply all the decorations for the cake table? I wasn't sure how this worked. We are having a custom, so it might be different, but I just wondered because it looked fabulous!
4. Did you get your mickey ears for your guests in bulk somewhere? What a cute idea! If we can find them cheap, maybe we'll do them for our wedding party :)

I think that was it. Now I'll go keep reading!

1. I got the black shirt at Epcot the day we got engaged. I haven't seen it at the parks or the outlet since! It says "Where Dreams Come True"
2. My mom's dress and MILs dress are both from the Alfred Angelo MOB collection. My mom had an awful time finding a dress! She shopped every store here, Atlanta, and Orlando looking for one. She ended up getting hers at the same place I bought my dress.
3. The only decorations on the table that were mine my crystal slipper and my cinderella champagne glasses. Everything else was done by DFTW. They don't give you any choices as an intimate for the table decor.
4. I bought the Mickey ears at World of Disney. We are AP holders so we get a 10% discount there. We only had 18 guests but we gave ourselves a pretty good budget for gift bags and favors. It was something we decided at the very beginning that we wanted to in order to spread a little Disney magic of our own! Plus I cut corners in a bunch of other places!

Glad you are enjoying my TR! I loved writing it and I'm a bit sad it's done!
Still have my honeymoon to write about though!!!
Don't be afraid to be your silly goofy selves with your pictures!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter