APs ordered via post

You have to send them a copy of your passport or ID card.

In Germany we have an ID card and a pass which we use for travelling to special countrys (not EU).

I guess both will be accepted.

If you have a valid pass or ID card, which you would use every day....choose this.

Make a copy of both sides and send them with all the other things I have mentioned.

It will work !

For the discounts....take a look here:

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/booking/annual-passports/

:thumbsup2

Thorsten

For the US they seem to insist on a passport. Friends of mine got their APs in person at the AP officeand had big trouble when trying to use their US ID.

"Today" ended up turning into today. :rotfl:
Finally in the mail - registered - and now the waiting game begins!

So you was able to use them on the 2nd and 3rd days after using? Because it says you cannot use 2nd and 3rd day after 1st use?

Sorry but I'm confused lol.

So you was able to use them on the 2nd and 3rd days after using? Because it says you cannot use 2nd and 3rd day after 1st use?

Sorry but I'm confused lol.

its because, if you order and pay through the post for your annual passes from DLP themselves, you get permanent annual passes sent to you through the post, already activated.

So, for example, if you order and pay for a Francillien pass through the post with DLP, the first date on it is the day they produce it (so lets say for example thats 1st June). The pass runs for 12 months until the very end of May next year, and days 2 and 3 are 2nd and 3rd June. As it takes around one week for post from DLP to arrive in the mail, the 2nd and 3rd days (the non-contractual dates on any Francillien AP) have already passed by the time you receive it, so there are no further non-contractual dates to serve :).

its because, if you order and pay through the post for your annual passes from DLP themselves, you get permanent annual passes sent to you through the post, already activated.

So, for example, if you order and pay for a Francillien pass through the post with DLP, the first date on it is the day they produce it (so lets say for example thats 1st June). The pass runs for 12 months until the very end of May next year, and days 2 and 3 are 2nd and 3rd June. As it takes around one week for post from DLP to arrive in the mail, the 2nd and 3rd days (the non-contractual dates on any Francillien AP) have already passed by the time you receive it, so there are no further non-contractual dates to serve :).

That makes more sense! And seems like a good idea. Thanks for clearing that up for me :thumbsup2

Hi Thorsten, One quick question, hope you don't mind? I am about to apply through the post for our dream passports and wondered if I need to wait for my daughters new passport to arrive to photocopy, or can I photocopy the old one [it expires on 24th June, and she has applied for her new one...it just hasn't arrived yet]. What do you think?

Thank you K

Hi Thorsten, One quick question, hope you don't mind? I am about to apply through the post for our dream passports and wondered if I need to wait for my daughters new passport to arrive to photocopy, or can I photocopy the old one [it expires on 24th June, and she has applied for her new one...it just hasn't arrived yet]. What do you think?
Thank you K

Glad to help !

Personaly I would wait until the new passport is available.

Disneyland Paris will sent you the complete order with all attachments back if something is missing or wrong, so you have to do and send everything again.

I would wait until I have everything together.

OK thank you :goodvibes , early July will be enough time if we are going in September, won't it ?

K

Up to 2 month should be ok.

If you order them in early July I guess you should receive them before September.

You can mention your stay in your letter to DLP and perhaps they will hurry up a little bit.

"Today" ended up turning into today. :rotfl:
Finally in the mail - registered - and now the waiting game begins!

Sent registered mail to France on may 30th
Processed by Disney Paris June 6th
In my hand today June 15th!

This is such a fantastic post on "how to" - thank you to the OP and others for being here to help.
It really was daunting at first, but it was very stress free and not that hard to do after following your directions!

Yay! We can't wait for our trip in August!

Congratulations !

As I said...it´s an easy way !

Have fun !

:wave2:

Thorsten

Hey thanks for this, really useful thread. I have renewed my AP by post before with mixed results - everything charged OK around 1 week after I sent it off with ID and a note to say I wanted the extra 6 months (as renewed just after expiry) - however after 6 weeks my AP didn't turn up (at this time a few years ago, DLP did not advise to allow 2 months, an email from them had claimed 2 weeks to arrive with me!) - so I had to get this sorted out while I was there with Guest Services/the AP office which proved very difficult, even though a friend had translated a letter into French for me to avoid confusion. Eventually they printed an AP onsite there, claiming they had a backlog of work, they tried to make me queue in the normal queue (around 2 hours) but I was firm but polite and advised I would not queue given I had waited quite long enough. So I was seen promptly and had a passport printed on-site, but I was assured this was 'exceptional' - however I made the point that they should make guests aware of any backlogs and realistic deadlines. However, allowing enough time I would definitely do the postal option in the future - so much easier and less time wasted when there! Glad it worked out for everyone that has done it too :goodvibes

I followed the instructions and sent my packet on August 26 from Switzerland. It looks like they processed the request on Sept. 2, and I received the Francilien passes on September 10. Thank you to the original poster and others for the great information. The passes are cheaper than a four day pass, and we will have the discounts as well as the option to return again sometime this year!

Two things I learned in the process:
I had to call to ask a question, and the person I talked to said that the no blockout dates for staying on property applied to the 2nd and 3rd day as well? So, he said I could just buy it on our arrival. Since I had not heard that was the case, and because I didn't want to spend any time on it when we arrived, I didn't risk it and went ahead and ordered by mail.

The reason I called originally was because I was confused about one of the items on the list they were asking that you include in your package. Used Google Translate! Apparently, if your children are under 18, you need to include on a blank sheet of paper, a note stating that you, as their parent, allow them to be an annual pass holder and sign and date it. I don't know if the OP's daughter was under 18, but if your children are, you may want to add it to the list of items to include as they told me it was required?

Thanks again!
:yay:

I don't know if the OP's daughter was under 18, but if your children are, you may want to add it to the list of items to include as they told me it was required?

Thanks again!
:yay:

Glad to help you !

:)

My daughter was 12 when I ordered a AP last year and I did not include a blank sheet of paper, a note stating that you, as their parent, allow them to be an annual pass holder and sign and date it.

This is only nessescary if you ordered a single AP for a person which is under 18.

If you ordered them as a family you do not need this.

Hi,

Woooo...stop the train....

Now I've mail ordered APs in the past without any issue, but, let me understand this "loop-hole".

I could:

- order the Francillion AP,
- still receive my Shareholders Discount
- skip the initial restriction days
- skip the blackout days, if staying at an onsite hotel
- effectively get a 365 day pass for £86.

The negatives as I see it:

- Depending on timings the pass could be only valid for 11 months
( Given the requirement to order 2 months before you need )
- For 365 days, you would need to stay at on onsite hotel
( More expensive that offsite )

Still, an attractive idea, especially as a family could still mix passes to get the higher discounts (ie 3 x Francillion, 1 x Dream).

Thanks

Iain

Hi,

Woooo...stop the train....

Now I've mail ordered APs in the past without any issue, but, let me understand this "loop-hole".

I could:

- order the Francillion AP,
- still receive my Shareholders Discount
- skip the initial restriction days
- skip the blackout days, if staying at an onsite hotel
- effectively get a 365 day pass for £86.

The negatives as I see it:

- Depending on timings the pass could be only valid for 11 months
( Given the requirement to order 2 months before you need )
- For 365 days, you would need to stay at on onsite hotel
( More expensive that offsite )

Still, an attractive idea, especially as a family could still mix passes to get the higher discounts (ie 3 x Francillion, 1 x Dream).

Thanks

Iain

Yep, you understand it perfectly :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter