Aquatica - too cold in Dec?

If it's going to be open all year,one thing you don't have to worry about is the water temp.Nice and warm.

Our weather here in the winter is hit and miss.Lately it has been fairly warm most of the time though.We went last week and it made it up to near 80.
Started out a little cooler and we were somewhat chilly out of the water.I would say that under 70 might be to cold for us,but we live here and are wimped out.

If near past history holds,you should have at least a couple of days at any time during the month that will be warm enough.

rich

You could have a high temp of 85 or you could have a high of 55,so the only way to know is 3-4 days before.

Is SeaWorld keeping this park year round, Adventure Island in Tampa closes after october, then again we don't get that many tourists who want to swim in tampa. They might go out and have some down time in the future. Especually since it helps install slides and such in the future.

They do have heated pools, though the problem is getting out of the heated pools and into the poddibly chilly weather.

It also depends on the day, if it gets to cold they will close.

The temp was in the 80's and water temp was 85! Not to cold to swim!!!! I am sure the water will be heated near the same temperatures.

Charleyann

Disney keeps at least one waterpark open during winter,so they're also open 365 days a year,however I heard on another thread that there have been days that was like in the 20's or low 30's in the morning with an expected high of around 50-55 and they actually close the park,I couldn't tell you for sure since I would never visit a waterpark in that weather.Wet n Wild is also supposed to be open 365 days a year and I do remember driving by it on a very cold day and it was definitely closed,I'm sure Aquatica will have similar operation,It's probably a handful of days in a year that they'll have an issue with weather being too cold.

You may want to wait and get reports on the water temperature closer to when you are going. My kids are dying to go when we go to Orlando in Nov but I am going to wait to get reports on the water temperature. We went to BB early last November and the water was freezing. It was really too cold to enjoy. The family raft ride was the worst because you don't get wet all at once and their is a huge dump of water at the end. I thought everyone in the raft was going to faint after the freezing water was dumped on our heads! It was a day with a cool breeze (about 70 air temp) but the water was just plum cold. I will only do Aquatica that time of year if the water temperatures are better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter