Are banked pts used on last day of use year credited at check in or check out in the new use year?

A1A1

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I have banked points that will expire at the end of my use year 2023. My use year is April.
I currently have a reservation starting on March 31, last day of use year, and checking out either April 1 or April 2.
Can I use these banked/expiring points? Are they credited at checkin on Mar 31 or checkout either Apr 1 or Apr 2?
Thanks for your help.

MS is the only one that can make a single reservation crossing UY's. I've only done it a couple of times and only once with banked points. If I recall correctly in that case the reservations couldn't be combined, only linked so the banked points were used in the expiring year. However that was awhile ago so I might not be remembering correctly. What will happen though in your example is that banked points can only be used for nights prior to the start of your UY. There's no extending them by even a day or two.

If you have March 31st booked, you can use banked points for that night.

If you have not yet switched them, do it soon as any changes in a reservation less than 31 days before check in will resort in holding status.

If you have one reservation that crosses the UY, call MS as they can make sure your points are used correctly.

To state it another way, the banked points can be used for the night of March 31. They cannot be used for the night of April 1 or the night of April 2 (or any night after that).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter